Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What starting 11 would you put out against Middlesbrough?

Comments

• Options
    Replace Hulse with a fit again fuller and put kerker in the middle.

Stick with 451. Boro and Cardiff will come at us unlike in recent home games.
  • Options
    I agree with those who think sticking with 4-5-1 is the best way to go. As Henry says both Boro and Cardiff will come expecting to win (as Leicester did) and that will hopefully play into our hands
  • Options
    Pritchard is a good player to have in the side away from home if you ask me - i think we need to try and get a few more 'footballers' in the side at home. Him or Dervite but not both and certainly not Pritchard on the wing. Give Jackson the free role between midfield and Hulse where he can use his quality without having to do so much running as he doesn't seem to have it in him at the moment.
  • Options

Brunello said:

hamer
    solly, cort, morro, evina
    wilson, stephens, hollands, jackson,
    hulse BWP

Dropping Pritchard would be very harsh.
    I just have a different opinon of Pritchard than everyone else which most probbaly means I am wrong but if you read the comments next to his marks when he is our 'best'player they nearly all if not all say great running or great energy. To me thats not enough and none out of his heading, tackling, passing and positional sense are strong enough which are much more important to me than his running.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I've seen most of Pritchard's games & he's very inconsistent ( as is usual with young professionals).

Some games he's been awful & others he's been good.

But like Brunello says, where's the "assists", defence splitting passes or goals ?

Having said that I'd play him in a 5 man midfield on Saturday.

He's come a very long way in a short space of time.
  • Options
    451 drop Hulse for BWP, and give Kerkar and JJ more freedom to roam
  • Options
    If we play 4-4-2 Jacko has to be on the left. We had our best results last season playing this way.
  • Options

Unchanged starting XI. Unless the circumstances are unusual, BWP must come on early in the second half though.

That's my thoughts
  • Options
    same team as at Wolves except replace Kerkar with Cook. this assumes the Fuller & Stephens aren't fit.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Brunello said:

Brunello said:

hamer
    hulse BWP

I just have a different opinon of Pritchard than everyone else which most probbaly means I am wrong but if you read the comments next to his marks when he is our 'best'player they nearly all if not all say great running or great energy. To me thats not enough and none out of his heading, tackling, passing and positional sense are strong enough which are much more important to me than his running.

Unfortunately some our "better" midfielders haven't even offered those things.

Starting all three of Holland, Stephens and Jackson would be a big step backwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Stephens for me
  • Options
    Hamer

Solly
    Morro
    Cort
    Evina

Dervite

Stephens
    Jacko

Wilson
    Kerkar
    Hulse

Attacking formation (4-1-2-3) and Defensive formation (4-1-4-1)
  • Options

Is Fuller available this weekend?
  • Options

same team as at Wolves except replace Kerkar with Cook. this assumes the Fuller & Stephens aren't fit.

Really? Was at Wolves and at home to Barnsley and thought that Kerkar was one of our better players, think Cook is a good prospect but I think Kerkar's better match fitness, should prevail especially after in my eyes he has done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

If we play 4-4-2 Jacko has to be on the left. We had our best results last season playing this way.

And our worst results and performances with him playing on the left this season. It's a position in which he is totally bypassed by the opposition. He doesn't have the pace to get forwards or backwards quick enough and is a liability there in this division.

• Options

Playing Dervite as the anchor in midfield should allow the full backs to push on at every available opportunity with him covering, similiar to the role that Hughes played last year when in the team (albeit in a 4-4-2 formation).
    If you can get the full backs pushing on and creating down the flanks then 4-5-1 can become an attacking formation.
    I think we have the players to adapt to this formation both home and away so with that in mind I would keep the same team that line up against Leeds and Wolves.

I agree with you GhR, Is also pushes our midfield up the park a little and closes the gap we seem create between mid and the front man.
    What I've seen of Dervite at wolves, he's very solid and comfortable in that role. He can play it out and assist the midfield when we're on the attack.

We won games last season by keeping clean sheets and nicking a goal. So I feel we should be looking to make this a priority at home, and with this formation, we look very strong in defence. I'd Give BWP a run at the 65 min mark if hulse isn't firing.

• Options
    I wouldn't change it. We created decent chances in our last 2 away games.
  • Options
    Playing Dervite as the anchor in midfield should allow the full backs to push on at every available opportunity with him covering, similiar to the role that Hughes played last year when in the team (albeit in a 4-4-2 formation).
    If you can get the full backs pushing on and creating down the flanks then 4-5-1 can become an attacking formation.
    I think we have the players to adapt to this formation both home and away so with that in mind I would keep the same team that line up against Leeds and Wolves.

I agree with you GhR, Is also pushes our midfield up the park a little and closes the gap we seem create between mid and the front man.
    What I've seen of Dervite at wolves, he's very solid and comfortable in that role. He can play it out and assist the midfield when we're on the attack.

We won games last season by keeping clean sheets and nicking a goal. So I feel we should be looking to make this a priority at home, and with this formation, we look very strong in defence. I'd Give BWP a run at the 65 min mark if hulse isn't firing.

Agree with this I like the idea of a midfielder that sits in front of defence to allow the full backs forward it's the modern way to play the game. my Only slight worry is Hulse up front on his own his record suggests that he is not a "poacher" like Ricardo so we may be lacking in the final 18yds. To be honest BWP prefers the ball to feet so if we do bring him on and with the extra midfielder we should be attempting to release him so he can turn and run. All that said I think this will be a really tough game as Middlesborough are on the back of a great win against Sunderland and they will be buzzing.
  • Options

This isn't a bad shout actually - kerker in the middle could be the answer - may also enable us to get some genuine pace in the team out on the wing somehow. Is Haynes anywhere near fit at the moment?
  • Options
    Kerker looks like a CM to me and it was there that he looked so good v Fulham. The other current option on the left is Cook.

Fuller it now seems won't be fit until Bristol City away
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hamer

Solly Cort Morro Taylor Evina

Wilson Dervite Hollands Jackson

Hamer
  • Options

Hamer

Solly Cort Morro Taylor Evina

Wilson Dervite Hollands Jackson

Hamer

Hamer Centre forward as well as goalkeeper?I don't think it will work.

• Options
    4-4-1-1

Kiely

Humphrey
    Pates
    Rufus
    Powell

Stuart G
    Parker
    Jensen
    Mortimer

Simonsen

Hunt

But should none of these be available, I'd go with LargeAddicks team.

• Options
    ---------------Hamer
    ------Dervite Cort Morro
    Wilson--------------------Solly
    ----Pritch Hollands Jacko
    ----------BWP Hulse
  • Options
    Brunello said:

Brunello said:

hamer
    hulse BWP

100% agree
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

---------------Hamer
    ------Dervite Cort Morro
    ----------BWP Hulse

I look the like of this. The front 2 would have to work bloody hard to track back and defend with the midfield. It's not a formation we've tried yet I believe. Worth a go considering the Injuries we have atm.

• Options

Brunello said:

Brunello said:

hamer
    hulse BWP

100% agree
    Agree here as well. Doesn't score enough, not great crossing passing. We need more than just working hard (as valuable as that is).
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Now Evina is out: Hamer Solly Morrison Cort Jackson Wilson Dervite Pritchard Stephens Kerkar Wright-Phillips
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

---------------Hamer
    ------Dervite Cort Morro
    ----------BWP Hulse

I like the look of this too.