Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hotels in Sharm el Sheikh

Anyone recommend a good,hotel in Sharm. Only going for 4 nights and there seem to
be some good hotels for around £400. Four Seasons quite a bit more, which probably isn't worth paying. Bit of disparity on the various websites, but so far the Stella DiMare, Savoy Sharm and the Hyatt Regency seem to get the best overall reviews, just a bit off putting when a place gets some great reviews and some bad ones

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/610944/#Comment_610944

Type Sharm into the search box. There are other threads as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Cheers - I didn't check. Can this be closed? Unless anyone has more up-to-date
    info.....
  • Options
    I stayed in sultan gardens last Christmas. Would put it at an excellent three star nearly four star. For the price we were very pleased. I need to look online to the ones you mentioned. There was a beautiful one on SoHo square that meant you could use all the restaurants there all inclusive.

I'll have a look tomorrow. Sharks bay, right near the airport.
  • Options
    Ignore the reviews as u cant pleas everyone
    Are u looking for one in naama bay in sharm itself or a bit further out ie sharks bay or nabq bay
    Do know most as stayed and worked out there for a bit
    All the hiltons are nice and about middle of the range in price
  • Options
    Cheers Curb_it. I know the star system is not quite what it is in other countries, in that a 5* is not what it would be elsewhere. Looks like you can get a good 5* for 4 nights with breakfast for about £400 for 4 nights
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Frf, looking for a good to mid range 5*. Somewhere maybe half an hour max from Sharm airport
  • Options
    We honeymooned at Laguna Vista, was really nice if you like quiet.
  • Options
    I stayed at hilton sharks bay. Hated it to be honest. But then again I weren't to keen on Egypt. The other one on soho square was called the savoy i think which looked lovely from the outside.
  • Options
    I stayed in the Sheraton. 5 stars my hole. Full of fat Russians in speedos. Noisy, middle of nowhere. Mediocre buffet. I'd stay somewhere in Nama (sp.) bay itself, or ideally outside of Sharm (Dahab seemed pretty cool, might be just within the hour and a half). Like Randy I wasn't that keen on Egypt generally. Generally dirty, constant hassle from hawkers and and endless supply of rip off scams. Diving surprisingly average - just too busy with incompetents blundering around and taking ages.
  • Options
    I know it's a manufactured report and not very cultural, but convenient for 4 night long weekend only 5 hours away. So saves a longer flight to Dubai or the Caribbean etc. looking for a good hotel as probably won't spend too much time outside it due to the pestering/hassling. I know that's v shallow, but just looking to relax in a bit of sun!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stayed in three corners palmyra in Nama bay, enjoyed t, very spacious and decent food
  • Options

I stayed in the Sheraton. 5 stars my hole. Full of fat Russians in speedos. Noisy, middle of nowhere. Mediocre buffet. I'd stay somewhere in Nama (sp.) bay itself, or ideally outside of Sharm (Dahab seemed pretty cool, might be just within the hour and a half). Like Randy I wasn't that keen on Egypt generally. Generally dirty, constant hassle from hawkers and and endless supply of rip off scams. Diving surprisingly average - just too busy with incompetents blundering around and taking ages.

That's the main reason I won't be going back. That and the fact I was in bed for a day and half chucking my guts up. Missus was in bed afternoon to evening chucking her guts up. The hotel had no beach but we knew that before we went. It was sunbeds on gravel.

I actually enjoyed the snorkeling but getting chased by camels, the sickness, the chicken sausages and all the egyptians grabbing my missus has made my mind up about the place.
  • Options
    Fiona - I stayed at the Sierra resort which is next to Soho Square - was fantastic value , next to the Savoy but half the price and owned by the same people !!
    Staff were magnificent, food excellent couldnt fault it and only 15 mins transfer time from the airport and didnt hear one aircraft all week !!!
    you also get to use a few bars and restaurants on Soho square as part of the all-inclusive which is nice as it gives you a break outside of the complex.
    Couldnt recommend the Sierra highly enough.
  • Options

That's the main reason I won't be going back. That and the fact I was in bed for a day and half chucking my guts up. Missus was in bed afternoon to evening chucking her guts up. The hotel had no beach but we knew that before we went. It was sunbeds on gravel.

I actually enjoyed the snorkeling but getting chased by camels, the sickness, the chicken sausages and all the egyptians grabbing my missus has made my mind up about the place.

Loved the country, snorkelling etc, but agree, pain in the arse locals in the main resort puts me off going back
  • Options
    Hilton Sharks bay and Hilton Waterfalls both very nice. I was at the waterfalls last week!
  • Options

Fiona - I stayed at the Sierra resort which is next to Soho Square - was fantastic value , next to the Savoy but half the price and owned by the same people !!
    Staff were magnificent, food excellent couldnt fault it and only 15 mins transfer time from the airport and didnt hear one aircraft all week !!!
    you also get to use a few bars and restaurants on Soho square as part of the all-inclusive which is nice as it gives you a break outside of the complex.
    Couldnt recommend the Sierra highly enough.

Oh that sounds like a winner. Ill give that one a look next time i go.

• Options
    Stayed at the Four Seasons and Hilton both worth it.

Four Seasons restaurants are well worth the extra you pay for it.
  • Options
    check if they have heated pools as they can be absolutely freezing.
  • Options
    The F O have just raised the terrorist threat level for foreigners in Egypt to 'severe'. Sharm el Sheikh is singled out for special mention. Sorry to be the bearer of such disturbing news.
  • Options
    I saw an item in the news about a foiled attempt. I will check with the FCO anyway - I work for them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just talking about Sharm on R5L....something about kiddnappings in remote areas of the Sinai, safe enough in the resort but warned against venturing to far outside.
  • Options

The F O have just raised the terrorist threat level for foreigners in Egypt to 'severe'. Sharm el Sheikh is singled out for special mention. Sorry to be the bearer of such disturbing news.

Beat me to it Lincs.
  • Options
    Sunrise tirana Aqua Park - went there on a promotional offer about 3 years ago - it had just opened. Absolutley fantastic - 5 star (and it was) - huge hotel complex, 8 swimming pools, got its own aqua park. Spotlessly clean - i looked the other day and still seems reasonably priced. Go on 'Quickrooms' site to book it and book flights separately would be my advice.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Stayed in three corners palmyra in Nama bay, enjoyed t, very spacious and decent food

Ditto this. Ideal location for a sun bed holiday but hotel is quite isolated.

• Options
    I'll keep in close contact with Egypt Desk about the Travel Advice
  • Options

I'll keep in close contact with Egypt Desk about the Travel Advice

cut your losses ... go to Scarborough .. The Grand Hotel (:->)
  • Options
    Anyone been halkidiki before. Sani beach. Now were talking.
  • Options
    Have booked flights just not the hotel. Will see what develops. Can get refund on flights IF the TA is all but essential travel, which it isn't to Sharm etc at the mo. The rest of Sinai is quite different. Maybe I won't miss a game after all!
  • Options
    If you don't get anything booked you are very welcome to stay round mine
  • Options
    You haven't seen me!