Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IT HAS TO BE CITY - Potential subsidy, travel arrangements

Comments

• Options
    I don't think we should lose sight of the fact that we have two cup finals before we face City. If we lose those, then we doomed Capt Mainwaring and arranging an operation City or Ewood will be pointless.
  • Options
    We got a minibus that seats 12 for 275 quid! Trains were 58 return i think and it involved a change either way due to engineering works.
  • Options
    I offered to be a passenger!!!

If no one else is driving then I'd think about it but I'd rather not!!
  • Options
    Minibus is a better option.....
  • Options
    Is it possible to e-mail this thread to the club,to let them know our feelings
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Is it possible to e-mail this thread to the club,to let them know our feelings

HENRY?
  • Options
    whats the restriction on drving a mini bus eg age, type of licence. Thinking of sorting a mini bus out myself for me and my mates
  • Options
    as Valley Mac points out, the next two home games are essential, with a necessary minimum 4 points needed, so lets not lose sight of that.

However, its right that we are looking at the planning arrangements now, and if people have any ideas, then this is the place to air them.

Has it been announced how much Man City are charging us ? A potentially low maintenance way of the club subsidising yet leading to little work for themselves would be to say that they will pay a £5 subsidy off the ticket price. ie. if the ticket is £25 then the supporter pays £20, with the club paying £5.

The maximum financial loss for the club would be around £15k, which in the grans scheme of things isn't the biggest hit it could suffer, and a lot cheaper than arranging travel and without the hassle.

that way the club is doing its bit, giving supporters an incentive yet still putting the onus on the supporter to make the effort.

Views ?
  • Options
    I will forward this thread on to Peter Varney if views / ideas keep coming, so please keep replies sensible on this thread please.

cheers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]as Valley Mac points out, the next two home games are essential, with a necessary minimum 4 points needed, so lets not lose sight of that.

However, its right that we are looking at the planning arrangements now, and if people have any ideas, then this is the place to air them.

Has it been announced how much Man City are charging us ? A potentially low maintenance way of the club subsidising yet leading to little work for themselves would be to say that they will pay a £5 subsidy off the ticket price. ie. if the ticket is £25 then the supporter pays £20, with the club paying £5.

The maximum financial loss for the club would be around £15k, which in the grans scheme of things isn't the biggest hit it could suffer, and a lot cheaper than arranging travel and without the hassle.

that way the club is doing its bit, giving supporters an incentive yet still putting the onus on the supporter to make the effort.

Views ?

Yeah i like this idea afka, both because when we are there they cant sing 'your only here on freebie' and we always do crap if the travel is subsidised!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    City are charging Chelsea £30 Adults and £15 concessions and have given them an allocation of only 2,000. However, our game is obviously less attractive and on Sky so I reckon we'd get more tickets and at a cheaper price.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The City game is Good Friday.

That may prevent people with Christian beliefs from travelling as they may wish to attend Church at 3pm.

Let 'em pray in the bloody ground for 3 points kill two birds with one stone
  • Options
    Had a look at the mcfc site - we must be a category C game for them- category ZZ actually since it is on Sky!
    The cheapest full-price adult tickets are £20 for cat C, so hopefully that is the max they charge us.
  • Options
    Personally I would push for cheap travel a train would also be good,but whatever is decided the more we can get up there the better.
  • Options
    anything travel based needs to be sorted out, even if its a special service that we can pay for.

Being a bank holiday and nightmares on the trains and roads is what most people are put off by i think rather than the cost of a City ticket.
  • Options
    AFKA - Thanks for putting our point forward to Mr. Varney. I definitely favour a ticket or travel subsidy as an incentive and not a freebie. We are lucky that CAFC are prepared to entertain thoughts such as this and should applaud their past generosity (and future if you consider the season ticket issue).

I'm sure the club realises the importance of this fixture just as much as the fans do (even more so from a financial perspective)...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]AFKA - Thanks for putting our point forward to Mr. Varney. I definitely favour a ticket or travel subsidy as an incentive and not a freebie. We are lucky that CAFC are prepared to entertain thoughts such as this and should applaud their past generosity (and future if you consider the season ticket issue).

I'm sure the club realises the importance of this fixture just as much as the fans do (even more so from a financial perspective)...

I don't think a ticket subsidy will attract as many fans as travel arrangements to be sorted would do in my opinion.
  • Options
    Whilst I agree the Man City game is massive it will only be relevant if we beat Wigan and Newcastle. If we then get a point or three at Man City and somehow end up above them in early April it is then that the momentum is really needed and thus a big turnout at Blackburn where we can get a big allocation and be seen and heard and will become the imperative.

Besides it is the holiday period and the trains have bus links on Good Friday

There will be a good turnout at Man City, but let's make it a bigger one at Blackburn if needed and more easily planned and executed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Had a look at the mcfc site - we must be a category C game for them- category ZZ actually since it is on Sky!
    The cheapest full-price adult tickets are£20for cat C, so hopefully that is the max they charge us.

According to the city site we are a cat B game and the cheapest home seat (coudln't find away pricing) is £26 behind the goal.
  • Options
    I'm sure that CAFC must have some indication of price/allocation by now. Henry ? Heeeennnnrrryyyyyy ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    personally think the club needs to get something proposed and in place in the very near future, if they are going to, because desite the good will and comments from people now, the nearer it gets towards to the game, the more likely i think people will be swayed to simply go down their local and watch it.

What the Fulham push showed me is that sometimes people simply need a little nudge. This site made a bit of a deal of it at the time, early ahead of the fixture, and the net result was we boosted the likely 700-800 who travelled for a Monday night live fixture, up to 2,000, and possibly our most vocal support of the season.

The team will be needing this, and more up at City.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    For what it's worth i am definately of the view that travel arrangements are going to be a bigger issue than a potential subsidy of ticket prices.

I also feel it is right to have plans in place but it could all me to no avail if the next two games don't go our way. Maybe the club do have some plans but have decided not to make any announcements yet??? Who know's.

What is for sure is that they appreciate the 12th man factor, so I would expect something to be done
  • Options
    My only point on this is, West Brom did the free transport on a number of occasions, and not a one off. Taking 3,000 to Eastlands, especially cause the City support is so poor there, would be great, but we should also be doing it for Blackburn as well
  • Options
    Agree with Latimer - makes sense
  • Options
    Since it is a late kick off, getting there in plenty of time should be easy and the roads will be quite for the celebratory return journey
  • Options
    It kinda angers me that people feel they need subsidised travel to get to the City game, this has the potential to be a huge game for us, every CAFC fan should be gagging to be there.

Also, when the last time we won an away game where we got a freebie?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]It kinda angers me that people feel they need subsidised travel to get to the City game, this has the potential to be a huge game for us, every CAFC fan should be gagging to be there.

Also, when the last time we won an away game where we got a freebie?!

if it was a saturday at three o clock in the middle of september i'd agree Stu BUT the fact that:

a. it's on Good Friday
    b. it's on Sky
    c. it's a 5.15 KO
    d. it's in Manchester

all give people good reason not to travel up. this does not mean that they don't want to support the club but i think they are four very good reasons as to why people can't go. Remember that those four days over Easter are usually spent with family etc. If it was a London game i'd say fair enough but because its Manchester you are basically taking at least a day (probably 2) out of the Easter break.
  • Options
    valley gold aren't making any excuses.
  • Options
    My proposal is that any subsisdies should be to VG members only.

Also if you are passing messages to Mr Varney can you ask him to pass this one from me to Lisbie...................maybe not!
  • Options
    Any ideas on rough journey time driving?

For some reason mapquest is now blocked at work.