Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Austin

Comments

• Options
    Whilst we had the likes of Racon / Dailly / Doherty (all good players but at the end of their use by date rather than being in their prime).

Just to think, had we beaten Exeter City rather than losing to them, we'd have finished 2nd with Parkinson and apart from Norwich we'd have got out of the Division with our bunch of misfits in a way
  • Options
    I thought his name was Wes
  • Options
    Fraser Forster, was on loan at Norwich.

Beckford and Becchio was decent at Leeds.

Ox was possibly breaking through at Saints.
  • Options

Whilst we had the likes of Racon / Dailly / Doherty (all good players but at the end of their use by date rather than being in their prime).

Just to think, had we beaten Exeter City rather than losing to them, we'd have finished 2nd with Parkinson and apart from Norwich we'd have got out of the Division with our bunch of misfits in a way

Think Doherty was after that. That 09/10 side wasn't that bad; it was the year after when Abbott/ Akpo/ benson / McCormack et al came in that it was absolutely horrendous
  • Options
    Dont forget we had Pawel Abbott as well.
  • Options
    Glenn Murray
    Jordan Rhodes
    Marc Pugh
  • Options
    Imagine if we had gone on to sell Lloyd Sam, Therry Racon, Jose Semedo etc for a combined total of 50-60 million pounds. Thats the sort of thing that Saints went on to do with their side in that same division. Absolutely mental.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Imagine if we had gone on to sell Lloyd Sam, Therry Racon, Jose Semedo etc for a combined total of 50-60 million pounds. Thats the sort of thing that Saints went on to do with their side in that same division. Absolutely mental.

I've got a good imagination but nope... Cant imagine those three going for that sort of money ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    yes pretty sure Hoolahan was
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

From 2010 when he was at Swindon...

CAFCsayer said:

Sign him up... made our defense look a right mess
    won everything

Where do I apply for a scouting job?
    You weren't alone, as he got his move to Swindon in 2010, 16 Poole fans who charlie played for before, all put £10 on him playing for England at 50-1

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I scouted Bolasie, Rickie Lambert and Danny Graham when they were even known. I want that scout job.
  • Options
    Drew nil nil with leeds. One goal and we would have been up.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I scouted Bolasie, Rickie Lambert and Danny Graham when they were even known. I want that scout job.

Well, I scouted Harold Hobbis !

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Any scouting job must surely be a shoe in for J Ackworth, presuming we can afford him.

• Options
    Is he leaving before Saturday?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Is he leaving before Saturday?

I think he should, he's wasted in the Champiionship, his talents are better suited to the Premier league, if he's got any sense , he'd make a move on Friday.

• Options
    Will start tomorrow
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Will start tomorrow on the bench

corrected for you ;-)

• Options
    If you see him, kick him, Hard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen a few QPR fans saying he's not in the squad, could be wrong.
  • Options

Seen a few QPR fans saying he's not in the squad, could be wrong.

I hope so.

QPR are one team I would love us to absolutely destroy.

They seem to have come back in to the Championship without any punishment whatsoever about FFP; remember the football league saying they would consider not letting them back in?

Their fans, if you ever have the rare chance to meet one, seem to think their a "proper premiership club" (ala Fulham to be honest). Do they still have a bloody Sellotape stand (ironic considering the state of it) and a Pritt Stick as a mascot?

They are the type of club you'd like to get behind, an underdog almost, and remind me of Charlton in some ways; had fun in the top tier against all odds. But whilst most CAFC fans recognise the Championship is our natural level, the (albeit, few.) QPR fans I've met seem to think they should be competing healthily in the PL. Deluded. They've pissed all over other clubs with their spending and blatant disregard for FFP too.

I'd like to see a Wolves happen to them; back to back relegations and a wake up call as to where they truly belong. Difference being, Wolves are a pretty big club - in comparison at least.
  • Options
    He did mention the Charlton game on twitter so think he'll be here...

The clock is ticking season is nearly here charlton away
  • Options
    The best outcome for us is a bid to come in at quarter to two today. Then Austen to not play and throw their preparation into disarray.

Do think a manager that gets appointed part way through a relegation season is not ideal to start the fight for promotion. All they are associated with at that club is failure. Nice bloke and I hope I am wrong, but despite QPR improving slightly under him Ramsay will be gone soon
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Swindon V CAFC Austin 20 yards out, GOAL
    Cafc v Burnley Austin 25 yards out GOAL
    QPR V Cafc Austin 25 yards out GOAL
    CAFC V QPR Austin 25 yards out ? Go's for a throw in !
    something on your mind Charlie ?
  • Options
    Heard on talksport this morning that Qpr are looking to drop their asking price for Charlie Austin.
  • Options
    Swap with Reza?
  • Options

Heard on talksport this morning that Qpr are looking to drop their asking price for Charlie Austin.

After yesterday's performance, they'll be lucky to get a bag of wotsits and two curly wurlies.

• Options
    Even after yesterday performance I'd be happy to see him play in the red of Charlton
  • Options

Yeah, he's on BOGOF now.