Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Austin

13»

Comments

• Options
    They want the full fee up front, hence the drop in price. To pay their FFP fine perhaps which is rumoured to be £8m, which would make a mockery of the whole thing.
  • Options
    Yeah it was obvious he had "other" things on his mind on Saturday but I like him a lot, as a player but he had a smile on his face and stopped to sign a few autographs for some Charlton youngsters and also had a couple of photos done. Seems like a nice lad, spoke and smiled to some disabled fans as well. He certainly didn't seem like a "big time Charlie!!"
    I wish him all the best................................especially as he didn't score on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    Was giving him a lot of stick Saturday. Back to liking him now, proper old fashioned footballer, feel like we've seen his rise to the prem more then most due to that league 1 season when us and Swindon were going for promotion. Apparently a very humble bloke still works on building sites with his mates. Saw him in Nike town on Oxford St last summer and had a chat with him, said he didn't even remember giving it the big'n when he scored against us!

Hope he gets a good move, Spurs would be good for him, he has bags of goals in him and would like to see him given a chance up front for England rather then the constant let downs that we seem to have leading the line just because they are 'big names'.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I don't blame Austin not getting stuck in. He's surely moving back to The Prem in the next few weeks. So why jepordize it by getting injured ?
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I don't blame Austin not getting stuck in. He's surely moving back to The Prem in the next few weeks. So why jepordize it by getting injured ?

I sort of agree but would not be happy if he was a Charlton player and not getting stuck in regardless of his future move. A bit disrespectful to the fans that travel to home and away games and pay his wages.

If Chris Ramsay says he is playing he should do his best and be a proffesional as that is what he is being paid a lot of money for being.
  • Options

I sort of agree but would not be happy if he was a Charlton player and not getting stuck in regardless of his future move. A bit disrespectful to the fans that travel to home and away games and pay his wages.

If Chris Ramsay says he is playing he should do his best and be a proffesional as that is what he is being paid a lot of money for being.
    I also agree, but he would have been long gone if they had accepted the £12M offers, instead of holding out for £15M.

Tbf, I think they should have left him out, for both parties sakes.