Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I the only one who gets annoyed over this sort of thing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20247801

Nothing to do with the actual article content (and please no political shit) EXCEPT the little diagram towards the end of it that assumes that we are all drooling numpties with one brain cell rattling around in our vacant under educated head who are not able to have read the text and digested the actual figures ourselves... it's the =10000 bit that finally sent me over the edge!

Comments

• Options
    The BBC is a public service broadcaster and perhaps sees itself as catering for the millions of people now living in this country for whom English is not the first language.

• Options
    Nor thinking the first option.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Surely, you always put a legend to a graph/info-graphic? Nothing in it if you ask me, and certainly nothing to do with English as a first language.
  • Options
    perhaps we could have a graph to show who gets annoyed and who doesnt
  • Options
    The answer to your question is yes. Chill Soapy !
  • Options
    I'm more bothered about the uniform. They are changing it to a nazi grey.
  • Options

I'm more bothered about the uniform. They are changing it to a nazi grey.

Say what you like about the Third Reich but they did have the best uniforms!

• Options
    Hugo Boss
  • Options
    Actuall, because of my sight problems and being unable to read more than two or three words at a time I find graphics quite useful. There's no way I would try to plough through that text: it would take a couple of hours!
  • Options
    A picture paints a thousand words
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it very informative and not the least bit annoying - as Beds said............. chill !!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Hope this helps
    yup.bmp 567.1K
  • Options

I, and anyone else who works with the public will confirm that the majority of them are drooling numpties with one brain cell.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

I, and anyone else who works with the public will confirm that the majority of them are drooling numpties with one brain cell.

Couldn't agree more. Whilst working in insurance claims we changed "The customer is always right" to "The customer is always a moron".

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Which, presumably, would apply to CL, this being a public forum.

Not nice.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

Couldn't agree more. Whilst working in insurance claims we changed "The customer is always right" to "The customer is always a moron".

Yes very unreasonable of people to make genuine claims on the policies for which they've paid extortionate premiums.

In my experience most of the public are only difficult with those people allegedly helping them who obstruct, obfuscate and do not offer the service paid for.

Insurance companies are very good at that in my experience!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

Yes very unreasonable of people to make genuine claims on the policies for which they've paid extortionate premiums.

In my experience most of the public are only difficult with those people allegedly helping them who obstruct, obfuscate and do not offer the service paid for.

You might like to take that stick and turn it the other way as you've definitely got the wrong end of it mate. Still, nice jumping to unfounded conclusions!

• Options
    Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

You might like to take that stick and turn it the other way as you've definitely got the wrong end of it mate. Still, nice jumping to unfounded conclusions!

If I have got the wrong end of the stick please explain why.

You mention that you worked in insurance claims and that you (plural) thought "the customer is always a moron."

What else am I supposed to think given those two assertions?

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

You mention that you worked in insurance claims and that you (plural) thought "the customer is always a moron."

Well you could try thinking of something that was actually related to my comments rather than your general hatred of insurance companies.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

Well you could try thinking of something that was actually related to my comments rather than your general hatred of insurance companies.
    Len doesn't have to think of `something that was actually related' to you comments cos he's already explained it.

Someone implied the public are idiots, you agreed by stating whilst working in insurance you changed a widely used working mantra to `the customer is always a moron'. Now he's challenged you over that statement cos everyone knows insurance companies are c**** with a more realistic mantra of `Stall, delay, lie, never pay up unless you really have no other choice' and now you're feebly trying to deflect the issue.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

Len doesn't have to think of `something that was actually related' to you comments cos he's already explained it.

Someone implied the public are idiots, you agreed by stating whilst working in insurance you changed a widely used working mantra to `the customer is always a moron'. Now he's challenged you over that statement cos everyone knows insurance companies are c**** with a more realistic mantra of `Stall, delay, lie, never pay up unless you really have no other choice' and now you're feebly trying to deflect the issue.

I see Len's not the only one who has the wrong end of the stick but don't let that stop you from ranting.
  • Options
    nothing wrong with a good rant
  • Options
    and burning
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

I see Len's not the only one who has the wrong end of the stick but don't let that stop you from ranting.
    And I see the 'ol insurance game tricks of dodging and deflecting the issue still burn bright in you eh Rizzo ;P

• Options

Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

And I see the 'ol insurance game tricks of dodging and deflecting the issue still burn bright in you eh Rizzo ;P

What "issue" am I deflecting then? All I saw was a couple of rants. I wasn't aware that any issues had been raised that required a response from me.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

LenGlover said:

Rizzo said:

DRAddick said:

What "issue" am I deflecting then? All I saw was a couple of rants. I wasn't aware that any issues had been raised that required a response from me.
    The `issue' of how we've got the `wrong end of the stick' as you put it. Care to explain the `right end of the stick' for us or yet again ignore/deflect the question?
  • Options
    What is there to explain? I agreed with another poster that, from my own experience, the general public are morons and you and Len went off on one about the evil insurance companies. It seems clear that you both have a big chip on your shoulder which has nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion of the general public and everything to do with your opinion of insurance.

Some examples of the reason for my opinion:

Sending in claim forms with no name, address or contact details
    Sending in completely blank claim forms
    Putting in a claim for medical expenses due to an alleged diving accident which, when investigated, turned out to be for a penis enlargement
    The old favourite of jumping off of hotel balconies onto concrete
    Telephoning on Monday morning to moan about the lack of a response to a claim that they posted the day before (yes, Sunday)
    Northern Irish lady phoning to make a claim for a holiday cancelled as a result of her husband being injured in a bomb blast. Turns out he was planting the bomb at the time

• Options
    Noone was disputing the fact that the general public are `morons'. Our issue was with your hypocrisy at coming up with a work statement of `the customer is always a moron' when coming from an insurance company perspective! The words `pot' and `kettle' spring to mind.
    As for a `chip on my shoulder' about insurance companies, damn feckin right I do along with the vast majority of the British public I strongly imagine. Sneaky, dishonest, cheating, extortionate, lying trash 99% of the time. It's all one way traffic eh, they are so quick to take ya money but if you want something out of them, jeez you're gonna have to fight for it. It's low level, legal racketering in all honesty. A painful necessity of life and don't they know it!

You're disclosure of the work mantra you had `the customer is always a moron' is quite telling though and graphically shows exactly what insurance companies think of their `customers'....so cheers for that. It's something everyone knows and feels tbh, but to actually hear it from the horses mouth so to speak, is something else.
  • Options
    Got annoyed that there was an article on BBC News about people called Justin... how can you pay someone to write that shite. Is anyone remotely interested in that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20259574
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Contender for most accurate post of the year.