Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ten and a half things you never knew about Burnley.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

1) Famous fans include Alastair Campbell, Anna Ford, Eric Knowles, John Kettley, Johnny Briggs, Kevin Whatley, Neil Hodgson, Sir Bernard Ingham, Ted Heath

And Part-time Prothero . . .

• Options

Addickted said:

1) Famous fans include Alastair Campbell, Anna Ford, Eric Knowles, John Kettley, Johnny Briggs, Kevin Whatley, Neil Hodgson, Sir Bernard Ingham, Ted Heath

And Part-time Prothero . . .

Is he famous?

I wouldn't recognise him if he came up and bit me, where as Ted Heath, now there's a man I could vote for ;-)

• Options
    Seen as the local equivalent of Palarse by Halifax Town fans - largely because glory hunters from Yorkshire like Alastair Campbell and Bernard Ingham supported them rather than their local team. Only time I have suffered from football violence was at the hands of Burnley supporters.

This idiot is also a supporter http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15022012/58/championship-prince-charles-m-burnley-fan.html or at least he didn't want to offend the muppets.

Also reputed to be the coldest ground in the Football League so wrap up well on Saturday. COYR!
  • Options

DA9 said:

11) Their Suicide Squad once wrecked the Horse & Groom prior to an FA Cup match at the Valley in the mid 90's.

Remember it well, was like the wild west.
    I still have the scar...

• Options
    According to the science journal Science of Yesteryear 22.4% of people hailing from Burnley still believe the earth to be flat.
  • Options

Burnley is an anagram of By El Urn. It was the catchphrase of Eric Morecombes father, Morris, who founded the town in 1949. Furthermore, Erics father told Eric he could use all or part of the catchphrase if he ever teams up with someone called Ernie.
    Morris Morecombe, won the 'Britains most forward thinking man' award in 1958.
  • Options

According to the science journal Science of Yesteryear 22.4% of people hailing from Burnley still believe the earth to be flat.

It's not very flat around Burnley.

• Options
    "Fuck me, It's like Burnley" is a well known term used by Lebanese residents when entering a place like Beirut.
  • Options
    The Dingle family in Emmerdale was based on Burnley residents.