Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things that make you feel old

1…272829303133»

Comments

  • IdleHans
    IdleHans Posts: 11,786
    Putting a bit of cash into a 5 year bond then realising that the maturity date is October 2031.
  • Stig
    Stig Posts: 30,137
    scidbox said:
    The outbreak of of World War 1 is closer to my birthday than I am.
    The real ouch moment for me was I thought I'd test this out for my age. Apparently Wilbur and Orville Wright's maiden flight is closer to my day of birth than I am.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Coming back from Spurs the other week, got on a packed tube at King's Cross on the switch from the Victoria Line to the Northern.

    A young fella looks at me, stands up and offers me his seat.
    I look round expecting it to be for someone else but he was actually offering it to me.

    Sorry mate, I'm 50!  I don't need a bloody seat.  Cheeky b*stard.  We both laughed.

    Thats what f*cking Spurs are clearly doing to me FFS.
    Believe me. You’ll be gratefully accepting it soon.
  • Raith_C_Chattonell
    Raith_C_Chattonell Posts: 6,152
    Stig said:
    scidbox said:
    The outbreak of of World War 1 is closer to my birthday than I am.
    The real ouch moment for me was I thought I'd test this out for my age. Apparently Wilbur and Orville Wright's maiden flight is closer to my day of birth than I am.
    That one got me too when I realised my Grandad was born before it occured. 

    He couldn't / wouldn't believe that a man walked on the Moon. I guess that's understandable as there is only 66 years between the two events - a lot to take on board.
  • letthegoodtimesroll
    letthegoodtimesroll Posts: 11,696
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Coming back from Spurs the other week, got on a packed tube at King's Cross on the switch from the Victoria Line to the Northern.

    A young fella looks at me, stands up and offers me his seat.
    I look round expecting it to be for someone else but he was actually offering it to me.

    Sorry mate, I'm 50!  I don't need a bloody seat.  Cheeky b*stard.  We both laughed.

    Thats what f*cking Spurs are clearly doing to me FFS.
    The same thing happens to me occasionally  although thankfully not too often because I’m reasonably fit and my mindset is still in the ‘you stand on the tube’ mode and I react exactly the same way. Mind you, I’m 71. Obviously I’m also lucky enough to have supported Charlton all my life…oh, hang on…
  • jimmymelrose
    jimmymelrose Posts: 10,535
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Coming back from Spurs the other week, got on a packed tube at King's Cross on the switch from the Victoria Line to the Northern.

    A young fella looks at me, stands up and offers me his seat.
    I look round expecting it to be for someone else but he was actually offering it to me.

    Sorry mate, I'm 50!  I don't need a bloody seat.  Cheeky b*stard.  We both laughed.

    Thats what f*cking Spurs are clearly doing to me FFS.


    Arsenal fan taking the  piss
  • ross1
    ross1 Posts: 51,633
    edited 11:19AM
    Went to Tesco today to put air in my tyres, bent down to do first one and struggled to breath. Luckily a young man nearby saw me and came over and did them for me.
    I have to admit I must be getting old but I am only 81 😁