Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Froch vs Mack

Start it early today

Live sky sports 2 card starts at 8 I believe

Tough fight again for Froch IMO he doesn't duck anyone and Mack is no fool but Carl should be odds on fav

Froch inside 6 for me an explosive fight ending in a deverstating finish by Froch as he is an absolute animal in that ring

Come on Carl do the job pal

Froch, Hatton ,Price all before Xmas and Freddie making his pro debut as well

Boxing fans we have a good few weeks Ahead

Comments

• I think it will be a longer fight than that mate, he's the sort of boxer Froch does not like fighting. Plenty of head movement and lateral movement is Macks game, Froch prefers more static fighters to pin down and bash up (Abraham, Kessler, Bute, Johnson)

Decent undercard too, Bellew has a toughie but should have the minerals to step on it
  • Froch in the later ones for me. Same as Bellew.

At the in laws tonight so going to have to try to stay awake to watch it on sky go
  • Some good fights between now and xmas, at home and around the world.

Broner, Cotto, Pac/Marquez and Berto/Guerrero all in the next 4 weeks too.

Think Carl wins by stoppage tonight but don't think it will be as easy as many in the media are making it seem.
  • Froch is gonna take him mate he has that look in his eye that he had against Bute

I watched him interviewed the other day and he was constantly clenching his fist and releasing like he was ready to go there and then

I just feel it

Forgot Bellew was on the undercard cider fridge full jäger in there too going to enjoy this one
  • edited November 2012
    Can't see anything on macks record to suggest a upset fails at top level froch deserves a easier fight but froch tends to do things the hard way saying that I think he will ko him and quite brutal . Just hope he never fights ward again as that was a complete shut out for ward and his made for ward , Kessler is older now and would fancy him to overturn that one , feel sorry for Brian Magee having to fight Kessler thought he may have been given the title
  • Telling you mate he has that look he is raging inside over the ward result

but he can't fight someone who puts his chest and head on his like you say the fight is made for ward

Froch is gonna hurt this dude I ain't seen him looking so calm yet so deadly
  • Be hard to sell ward v froch in America it was that one sided I think Kessler v froch is the one I want to see
  • Would love to see that one Can it happen though now
  • Carter said:

I think it will be a longer fight than that mate, he's the sort of boxer Froch does not like fighting. Plenty of head movement and lateral movement is Macks game, Froch prefers more static fighters to pin down and bash up (Abraham, Kessler, Bute, Johnson)

Decent undercard too, Bellew has a toughie but should have the minerals to step on it

don't remember Froch bashing up Kessler?
  • Controversial decision he certainly gave Kessler a fair amount of pain and was by no way a 117 to 111 that a certain judge scored it I thought he won it but I am biased
  • Sponsored links:

• Joe Calzaghe to come out of retirement and smash Froch all over the shop. That is the fight I would like to see.
  • Would never happen even in joes prime
  • Controversial decision he certainly gave Kessler a fair amount of pain and was by no way a 117 to 111 that a certain judge scored it I thought he won it but I am biased

I agree that 117-111 was a joke but I think Kessler still won.
  • Carter said:

I think it will be a longer fight than that mate, he's the sort of boxer Froch does not like fighting. Plenty of head movement and lateral movement is Macks game, Froch prefers more static fighters to pin down and bash up (Abraham, Kessler, Bute, Johnson)

don't remember Froch bashing up Kessler?

Did you watch the fight??!! Kessler got the decision but looked a shite site worse than Froch did afterwards.
  • edited November 2012

Would never happen even in joes prime

Froch is not in Calzaghe's league.

Calzaghe>Kessler>Froch.

Calzaghe vrs Ward would be a tidy fight.

I reckon Calzaghe has still got it even at 40.
  • Maybe, he didnt bash him up though and lost.
  • Joes record is there for all too see

But and I have always said it we will never know just how good because IMO he never went to America to test himself until it was too late

Froch would've hit joe harder than he was ever hit

This fight could've happened Carl says that he wanted that fight but it never came you have to wonder why

Kessler in his prime vs Froch there was little between them but the result stands so you can't dispute it

But I don't have Kessler above Froch
  • Joes record is there for all too see

But and I have always said it we will never know just how good because IMO he never went to America to test himself until it was too late

Froch would've hit joe harder than he was ever hit

This fight could've happened Carl says that he wanted that fight but it never came you have to wonder why

Kessler in his prime vs Froch there was little between them but the result stands so you can't dispute it

But I don't have Kessler above Froch

I agree completely. I think Froch would beat Kessler now. I would say Calzaghe would grind out a points decision v Froch but it would be close. It's a shame Calzaghes record is slightly tarnished by the fact that he never had more 'big fights'.
  • Thing is mate, Calzaghe was a fine fighter and retired unbeaten so good on him BUT

Compare who Froch has fought to who Calzaghe did...

To say 'he couldn't get the fights' isn't an argument because Clinton Woods always could.

Probably got a lot more to do with Frank Warren than Calzaghe but the big names on Joes record are Chris Eubank, Jeff Lacey,Kessler (quality performance against Kessler and a total shut out against Lacy) and Bernard Hopkins, who he was bery fortunate to get a decision from, I can't give him credit for fighting Roy Jones Jnr

Since winning the championship against a very tough Jean Pascal Froch has fought Jermain Taylor away from home defence, Andre Dirrel, Mikkel Kessler (when Froch should really have made a bit of fuss about making the fight in his patch as the champion) Arthur Abraham, Glenn Johnson, Andre Ward and Lucien Bute.

Joe had fights against Peter Manfredo, Sakio Bika and the big names Evans Ashira (a sickeningly bad fight) and Maro Veit...

The difference in the two is speed and movement would win out for Calzaghe but fact is Froch has fought all the main men out there now. Calzaghe could have done but for whatever reason didn't, certainly not at their peak in the case of RJJ and Hopkins
  • It's a close called comment I know some of my pals don't agree and the arguments they but up are very good

I always worried about joes hands he just wouldn't have hit Carl hard enough to make him consider not coming forward like a machine

However joe would've peppered him more times than Froch would've had before

It had the making of a great fight and one that the fans missed out on
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Thing is mate, Calzaghe was a fine fighter and retired unbeaten so good on him BUT

Compare who Froch has fought to who Calzaghe did...

To say 'he couldn't get the fights' isn't an argument because Clinton Woods always could.

Probably got a lot more to do with Frank Warren than Calzaghe but the big names on Joes record are Chris Eubank, Jeff Lacey,Kessler (quality performance against Kessler and a total shut out against Lacy) and Bernard Hopkins, who he was bery fortunate to get a decision from, I can't give him credit for fighting Roy Jones Jnr

Since winning the championship against a very tough Jean Pascal Froch has fought Jermain Taylor away from home defence, Andre Dirrel, Mikkel Kessler (when Froch should really have made a bit of fuss about making the fight in his patch as the champion) Arthur Abraham, Glenn Johnson, Andre Ward and Lucien Bute.

Joe had fights against Peter Manfredo, Sakio Bika and the big names Evans Ashira (a sickeningly bad fight) and Maro Veit...

The difference in the two is speed and movement would win out for Calzaghe but fact is Froch has fought all the main men out there now. Calzaghe could have done but for whatever reason didn't, certainly not at their peak in the case of RJJ and Hopkins

You can say what you want and you are entitled go an opinion - as NLA says it divides opinion. I agree that Froch has had bigger fights and thats what puts a bit of a cloud on Calzaghes record. But he still retired unbeaten, something he deserves a massive amount of credit for.
  • Joe beat Kessler and Kessler beat froch by a few rounds also its fact that froch turned down a fight with joe . Apparently froch wanted to go another route . Joe is retired and would struggle to beat any if the champions now but people love to doubt his record , even early on he was beating woodhall and beating dangers like Sheika and brewer . What did fail him is he stayed with warren to long and never went to America early enough but does anyone on the planet think if he fought at his prime he would lost so easy to ward?
  • Frank warren apparently offered mick Hennessy a mickey mouse figure for the fight but this was unknown to both Calzaghe and Froch

I love Frochs attitude to boxing, never shirks anyone and that deserves a lot more credit in my mind than somoeone like Khan who has admitted he has had bigger name fighters hand picked when they were on the wane.

Calzaghe deserves huge respect for what he did but you are right a cloud hangs over his record a bit because of all the 'who' fighters on there. Richie Woodhall was a scalp granted and he definitely didn't want a rematch with Reid
  • edited November 2012
    Think khan fights them all really for such a poor chin he has not shirked fights
  • edited November 2012
  • Nah i dont think ward wouldve been able to do to joe what he done to froch so easily

But thats the issue mate we will never ever know and although i have great respect for joe i will end up loving and respecting carl more due to his no nonsense approach to who what where when

Carl froch tells a different story about the joe fight mate and i would not expect either fighter not to say it was the others fault it never happend

Khan is a good example because he will also fight anyone anywhere
  • The offer from warren was the biggest purse froch would have had at that time
  • nolly said:

Think khan fights them all really for such a poor chin he has not shirked fights

Once since the maidana fight I think mate, he never fought Murray is my only real argument for khan shirking

• I'm just watching Ringside, Froch vs Bute. Must say Froch's Missus is tasty!
  • What's that site dedicated to boxing streams again?