Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ugandan Affairs - If only this was a joke.

Comments

• Options

Think the Koran's probably as big a seller - and contains just as much tosh

Say that again, and your see the back of my sandal.

• Options
    There is a history of US Christian evangelicals going to Uganda to preach gay hate by stating that it is homosexuals that are responsible for child molesation and bestiality amongst other things. Thus it becomes confused as some Ugandans Christians & Muslims, sincerely believe that they need to protect their children from rape and abduction. It's not confined to Uganda and Africa, we have quite a few morons in the UK who hold similar views. Education, as ever, will be the answer, but in a country with a cruel history such as Uganda has, I fear that yet more bloodshed will come first.
  • Options
    I think we should just bomb any country we disagree with, loads of bombs, small bombs, big bloody bombs and then we can nick all their natural resources!
    After all, times are hard right now! ;o)
  • Options
    Stig said:

mickc said:

The bible does state that man shall not live with man as women and we have overcome that but this is civilisation moving backwards.

I wouldn't complain about eradicating the paedophiles, they should not have a place in any society.

I think you'll find that God is very much gay and enjoys nothing better that a spot of man on man action where he can grope their inner thighs:

"And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok. And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had. And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh. Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank".
    so, if i'm reading this right. Mick Mcmanus was a poof.
  • Options
    Baldybonce, the only snippet of (non-wresting) information that I have about Mick McManus is that he worked on Lancaster bombers during the war. I did a quick internet search desperately hoping that he was a rear-gunner so that I could make a cheap joke. Sad to say he was an engineer.
  • Options
    you leave the cheap jokes to me.
  • Options

Somewhat unsurprisingly, there hasn't been much of an international outcry over this. Entire coincidentally, massive oil and gas reserves have been discovered quite recently in the country, whose government is nicely compliant with major Western fuel companies...

Still - as long as we're content with being drip-fed a steady diet of pictures of Z-listers' tits, footballers' bedroom indiscretions and shiny new phones that are a quarter of an inch larger than the identical previous model, I guess the potential genocide of thousands of people doesn't really matter.

Well put, the reason I have such a downer on shit TV ( see I am a celebrity thread, etc...).
  • Options

There is a history of US Christian evangelicals going to Uganda to preach gay hate by stating that it is homosexuals that are responsible for child molesation and bestiality amongst other things. Thus it becomes confused as some Ugandans Christians & Muslims, sincerely believe that they need to protect their children from rape and abduction. It's not confined to Uganda and Africa, we have quite a few morons in the UK who hold similar views. Education, as ever, will be the answer, but in a country with a cruel history such as Uganda has, I fear that yet more bloodshed will come first.

As a former colonial power and one that sent many missionaries to, not just this country but the region to tell them how wrong their former religion is/was it does seem a bit rich that we now withhold funding because they believed it. The fact that we are a former colonial power will mean that any attempt to force our own values on them will have a detrimental effect on our ability to influence the situation long term.
  • Options
    BREAKING: Uganda's Parliament just closed without voting on the "Kill the Gays" bill. Your pressure built to an unstoppable force that made Uganda's politicians drop the bill way down the agenda – thank you. But they'll be back in just a month, and their first order of business could be passing the bill.

Now is the moment to fight back with everything we've got in Uganda – and everywhere anti-gay laws exist. We can already see the massive impact we've had, so now we're pulling out all the stops.

We have an amazing chance to fight back harder than ever, but we need your help. An All Out member has just pledged US$50,000 to turn the tide on anti-gay laws – but only if the rest of us are also willing to step up and pitch in too. If just 2,000 people make a gift to All Out in the next 5 days, it will trigger this incredible grant to strengthen our work around the world.

URGENT: Make a gift NOW to unlock this amazing resource to fight for love worldwide.

If you help meet the challenge in the next 5 days, your gift for equality – whether it's £5, $25 or €50 – will be worth more than $50,000. This challenge is not about how much any one person can afford, but how many of us can come together to fight for what's right. It's about showing that enough of us have the commitment and drive to get the job done.

Being an All Out member means you know the extraordinary power of thousands of small acts – whether it's clicks, calls or coins – coming together for a single, just purpose. More than 200,000 All Out members signed the petition to stop the "Kill the Gays" bill in less than a week. If just 2,000 of us make a gift in the next 5 days it will unlock the challenge grant to fight the bill and other anti-gay laws just like it – wherever it is needed most.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM

Research session with anti gay pastor...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

This has gone so far past tragic it's almost back round to being funny.

• Options
    edited December 2012

Fiiiiiish said:

Comedy gold if it had been a sketch.
  • Options
    That video is madness
  • Options
    "they lick the other man like ice cream and eat da poo poo".........................

Quality
  • Options
    So, according to that fella, if it was a man "eating da poo poo" of his wife, would that be ok?
  • Options
    This is an interesting watch on the subject http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00yrt1c Don't think it's on iPlayer anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Fiiiiiish said:

Hilarious, he did research, isn't that what Pete Townshend said?!
  • Options
    Talal said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Hilarious, he did research, isn't that what Pete Townsend said?!
    Still waiting for the book.....................

• Options

Talal said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Was released in October
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Talal said:

Fiiiiiish said:

Was released in October

lol I stand corrected. Just read the review on it
  • Options
    That clip from the African anti gay person is so idiotic, the tragedy is that it will legitimise murder to some folk.
    The thing is that sodomy is a pretty common practice between men and WOMEN especially in parts of Africa as an alternative to contraception. The other things described are also sexual practices between all kinds of couples including the majority who are hetrosexual.
  • Options
    Turkish beard anyone?
  • Options
    Imagine a world without religion......
    What would all the nutters follow then?
  • Options
    Millwall
  • Options
    Terrible situation you can by all means through your own faith not be comfortable with homosexuality I'm not
  • Options
    nolly said:

Terrible situation you can by all means through your own faith not be comfortable with homosexuality I'm not firmly in the closet

thanks for sharing
  • Options
    nolly said:

Terrible situation you can by all means through your own faith not be comfortable with homosexuality I'm not

Do you eat da poo poo nolly?
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    nolly said:

That's the thing though Nolly. Human rights dictate that just because you might not be 'comfortable' with it through your faith, doesn't give you the right to pass judgement on it in a pathetic attempt to curry favour with nutcases of a similar mind. Personally, I find all religions ludicrous, whether they're based on blokes getting nailed to crosses, infallible teachings that are anything but, or a pair of magic pants. I also think ugg boots are offensive. The difference here is, I'm not advocating burning people alive for wearing ugg boots.