Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beckham to leave MLS .

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

Cosmos has come up time and again, but don't see it happening. MLS franchises cost a LOT and they come with a guarantee that the MLS won't allow another franchise within a large radius: so unless someone were going to pay Redbulls a big slug of compensation Cosmos can't rise from the grave.

New York Cosmos are now represented in the NASL, which is an equivalent of the American 2nd division (though there isn't a promotion/relegation setup with the MLS).

I heard the Cosmos are being pencilled in to return to MLS in a couple of years time possibly?
    I heard the ship was sinking before it's properly afloat. A LOT of issues with that plan for the Cosmos, probably won't come off as envisaged for years, if ever.
  • Options
    On yahoo the other day it was saying snoopdog want to buy in to Celtic and to bring Beckham in .
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Hoop Dog!
  • Options
    Wasn't part of the MLS deal that Becks got first choice on his own franchise and could choose where to base them etc.? If so i would imagine he would have a team in somewhere like Miami.

I doubt PSG are still interested tbh, he's much more likely to play in China or Australia.
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

Hoop Dog!

Glasgizzle Celtizzle.

• Options
    The MLS is not lower premiership/upper championship standard. I would say it's more on a par with the SPL which, at best, is lower Championship or lower imo for the majority of teams.

I also can't see Beckham leaving the US unless his wife is losing interest in the glitz of Hollywood.
  • Options
    Sky Sports understands Paris St Germain keen to sign David Beckham , He would have to be on top form to get a game ?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11820/8262375/Wealthy-French-club-Paris-St-Germain-keen-to-hire-David-Beckham
  • Options

No way that a team like PSG would want him. I suspect he'll have the old Groucho issue of not wanting to be a member of any club that would have him. Agree with Ormi the MLS is a decent standard, but not nearly Premiership standard. Many of the players are on a wage that wouldn't suit fourth division players here, although there are some that are on top whack. The kind of English club that would want a Beckham is probably not going to be the kind of standard he'd want. I just don't see him slogging at QPR or Wigan or being a bit part player and taking a squad place with bigger club, say Spurs or Arsenal. I think Beckham the player would have a crack, but Brand Beckham is worth more than that - he's one of the most recognized sports stars in America, which makes him very bankable still. So, you're looking at a faded glamorous outfit: maybe a Celtic or even Milan or Ajax? Or something in the new football world where his profile counts as much as his ability. Stay in the MLS or head to a developing outpost like Australia or China.

Cosmos has come up time and again, but don't see it happening. MLS franchises cost a LOT and they come with a guarantee that the MLS won't allow another franchise within a large radius: so unless someone were going to pay Redbulls a big slug of compensation Cosmos can't rise from the grave.

I've watched Ajax live, no way is he up to there pace and standard at his age.

There has been talk of him going to Perth Glory in Australia, but I cannot see how Tony Sage, the club's owner could afford him.

• Options
    Last 3 teams Beckham has played for have all had Adidas sponsorship Real Madrid , LA Galaxy ,Milan .so if he sticks with an Adidas team could it be one of Melbourne Victory FC ,Sydney FC, Lens, Lyon, Marseille, Stoke City, Sunderland,(Chelsea not going to happen ),Milan,Swansea City,Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe ,Benfica,Bayer Leverkusen ,Bayern Munich ,Hamburg .Nuremberg ,Schalke 04,Wolfsburg.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adidas_sponsorships#Association_Football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gooners have got Adidas next year.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    He won't come to Perth on any sort of permanent basis. Half a day and you've seen the Town, plus no real marketing/media opportunities. I also don't believe he will come to OZ. probably end up at PSG or a lower Prem Club
  • Options
    Victory don't want him.... Would mess with ange's master plan ... Would love to see him in the A league though ...
  • Options
    Signing for Monaco apparently
  • Options

Signing for Monaco apparently

Arent they in Ligue 2?

• Options
    Beckham to Man U .Ferguson like to sign older players in january and no fee involved and could be worth a bet 28/1 on sky bet .
  • Options
    I'd love him at the A league but not at victory ... Was impressed with his passing in the MLS final
  • Options
    Beckham’s charitable gesture blasted as tax avoidance scheme
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/beckham-charitable-gesture-blasted-tax-avoidance-scheme-110925633.html The french are never happy ...