Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DOG- Have you got one

2»

Comments

• Options
    This is George Michael, a mate's dog at works who is a Spur!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]shouldn't alsations be referred to as german shepherds?

It seems that the breed became known as the Alsation in 1919 when it was thought that post war anti-German sentiment could endanger the popularity of the breed. The Kennel Club officially reinstated the original name - German Shepherd Dog - in 1977.

Google is a genuinely amazing thing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spud[/cite]Introducing ALf...Fav player Matt Holland[div id=Attachments_59236 class=Attachments][ul][div]07052006(001).jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Now THAT is a quality dog!

My mate used to have a mongrel that was a bearded collie cross - jesus christ I loved that dog. We used to take it for four hour walks in Bostall woods - that was the most spoiled dog ever.

If I ever got a dog it would be a St Bernard, or a Lab. I love them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I've been out with a few

we know! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mark[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]shouldn't alsations be referred to as german shepherds?

It seems that the breed became known as the Alsation in 1919 when it was thought that post war anti-German sentiment could endanger the popularity of the breed. The Kennel Club officially reinstated the original name - German Shepherd Dog - in 1977.

Google is a genuinely amazing thing!

I know why they were called alsations, (for not owning a dog, i had an awful lot of books about breeds and other info) i was just correcting all the uneducated dog owers out there :-)
  • Options
    Spooky!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ewwwwwwwwww not liking that at all
  • Options
    Appy, that is just pure weird!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Appy- that is WEIRD!

(Snap MCS)
  • Options
    Woof Woof
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its so wrong
  • Options
    Appy, please stop now, that even weirder!! lol
  • Options
    appy superb
  • Options
    This is Owen,named after Michael Owen.

Neighbours of ours had a dog from a rescue centre. They didn't realise that she was pregnant when they got her.

She gave birth to a litter on 12/06/04 - First day of Euro '04. So they named them all after England players, Owen, Rooney, Becks (Who subsequently become Posh once her gender was established) and Little Nev.

My wife and kids begged for one and I eventually relented. Love dogs but didn't want one as they are such a tie. Love him to bits and he is as good as gold, if a little boisterous. Very good with the kids, doesn't much care for other dogs though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]Spooky!!!!!!![div class=Attachments id=Attachments_59307 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]DogPerson.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

With a fair few beers in me- why does he look like Jon Fortune?
  • Options
    Two Labradors, down from what we once had.

They live by the code "Eat it. If it doesn't sit well, that's what the carpet is there for."
  • Options
    http://www.jack-russell-terrier.co.uk/reunited/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=298

Hers' a picture of my little treasure
  • Options
    is there no end to dogs talents. i was very much on the cats side of the fence on the dog v cat argument, but now may have to reconsider. sfw.
    amazing
  • Options
    "I say, I say, I say............my dog has no nose"

How does he smell...........?
  • Options
    want one

A chocolate Labrador
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only thing dogs are useful for is eating.