Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

millwall pre match

Comments

• Options
    I could have it on me toes, tutu unfit mate!
  • Options

My brother and I are travelling up from Southampton for this and were planning to drink near Surrey Quays. Are there any pubs near there that are away fan friendly because so far it seems like they are all Millwall only?

They're normally all full with Millwall and as there are more fans coming than usual they'll have even more Millwall in them. There are no pubs around the ground, so most either drink by The Blue or by Surrey Docks.
    SLL - which pubs in the Blue do you recommend? Not been there for years, assumed they had all closed!

And what's the Gregorian next to Bermondsey tube like? Seems alright from the outside, but...
  • Options
    Noss said:

My brother and I are travelling up from Southampton for this and were planning to drink near Surrey Quays. Are there any pubs near there that are away fan friendly because so far it seems like they are all Millwall only?

They're normally all full with Millwall and as there are more fans coming than usual they'll have even more Millwall in them. There are no pubs around the ground, so most either drink by The Blue or by Surrey Docks.
    SLL - which pubs in the Blue do you recommend? Not been there for years, assumed they had all closed!

And what's the Gregorian next to Bermondsey tube like? Seems alright from the outside, but...
    I've always fancied going in The Jolly Gardners although not sure if thats open or not as I aint been past it in months. Generally best to avoid The Blue as it does get a bit rough down there in a few pubs now.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

FFS lads, this is getting embarrassing now. It's Millwall. It's between Bermondsey and New Cross.

If you can't work out how to get there by now - what with all the helpful advice on this thread and the modern wonders of the internet - then I really think you should consider not going. You'd never be able to negotiate your way through the turnstiles without a map.

Sorry mate, I assume that was aimed at me? It's just, as my name suggests, I'm not from London. In fact, I've never once lived in London. As such, I'm not particularly familiar with the New Cross/Bermondsey area. I kind of figured that, this being a Charlton forum and all, I would be able to get a bit of advice from fellow fans as to where to drink. I thought that, as per previous away games I've been to, there might be one or two particular pubs that Charlton fans are drinking in as opposed to everyone doing their own thing. I'm very sorry if I embarrassed you with my simple request!
  • Options
    Most charlton will drink up London bridge mate go there , kings or market porter
  • Options

Off_it said:

FFS lads, this is getting embarrassing now. It's Millwall. It's between Bermondsey and New Cross.

If you can't work out how to get there by now - what with all the helpful advice on this thread and the modern wonders of the internet - then I really think you should consider not going. You'd never be able to negotiate your way through the turnstiles without a map.

Sorry mate, I assume that was aimed at me? It's just, as my name suggests, I'm not from London. In fact, I've never once lived in London. As such, I'm not particularly familiar with the New Cross/Bermondsey area. I kind of figured that, this being a Charlton forum and all, I would be able to get a bit of advice from fellow fans as to where to drink. I thought that, as per previous away games I've been to, there might be one or two particular pubs that Charlton fans are drinking in as opposed to everyone doing their own thing. I'm very sorry if I embarrassed you with my simple request!
    No mate, not aimed at anyone in particular. Just read this thread and see how many people are asking ridiculous questions - most of which have already been answered.

I don't remember all of this guff for any other away game, but it seems that one station gets shut and some of our fans seem incapable of making alternative arrangements. The internet is a wonderful tool. It was just a trusty A-Z in my day!
  • Options
    Shame they shut the 'Lil' down, the Jolly Gardners....used to drink in there in the late 80's, wonder if that is still there?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

No mate, not aimed at anyone in particular. Just read this thread and see how many people are asking ridiculous questions - most of which have already been answered.

I don't remember all of this guff for any other away game, but it seems that one station gets shut and some of our fans seem incapable of making alternative arrangements. The internet is a wonderful tool. It was just a trusty A-Z in my day!
    TBH, Off-it, I think some of the comments are intended to be a bit of a wind up, if not then agree that some are just embarrassing...maybe there are more Millwall on here then just SLL and Bunny.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Fair enough mate, as I say it was more the pre match drinking I was interested in. Plans sorted now.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I'll be drinking outside the ground from 9am.

first LOL of the day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Noss said:

You might be alright in the Greg actually, think most Millwall swerve that place now. All the pubs down the blue will be rammed with Millwall (there's only 4 pubs), with most spilling out onto the streets, so probably worth avoiding if you don't want to be with us scum.

As off it says, most will be better off at London Bridge or New Cross.
  • Options
    Anyone know if the tube will be unreserved seating?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You creatine induced fool !!
  • Options
    JT said:

Anyone know if the tube will be unreserved seating?

Its done on rows and carriage mate best to arrive early... ;-)

• Options
    The selling Lower Tier tickets yet?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Im o/s the ground now Off it if you fancy a pre-game livener, theres no wall anywhere, I am taking liberties, some ne'er-do-well asked me the time to check out if I was an away fan but I think I carried it off despite being three miles from home...

I am so very excited about tomorrow, a beer in the Market @ London Bridge, cab to Arments Pie & Mash shop and then in the ground for 2:30 so I can claim my unreserved seat..c'mon
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

TBH, Off-it, I think some of the comments are intended to be a bit of a wind up, if not then agree that some are just embarrassing...maybe there are more Millwall on here then just SLL and Bunny.
    You might be right - funny thing is, i hada l;ook on vital millwall site and they'd posted a link to this thread and the bits they were laughing about were ridiculing were all written by our Millwall guests. Need i say more....
  • Options
    How do I find a link to the vital milwall thread and are there any pubs nearby?
  • Options
    Whats everyone wearing , home shirt ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shag said:

With millwall wearing blue we must be wearing the home kit.

Lets create a sea of red! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC! CAFC!
  • Options

How do I find a link to the vital milwall thread and are there any pubs nearby?

go to new cross, get a tube from there, then a cab and then log on at the 'blue' - whatever that is - and your vital millwall site is on the left, just outside decathlon witha ll the cheap shitty balls and umbrellas. Just log on, there'll be plastic gangsters in there by the dozen.
  • Options
    I've got away socks if anyone wants to swap with home
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Shag said:

Mobbing up early doors at Kidsplay to get face painted then shooting over to Poundland to tool up with vuvuzelas.

Bowling down to sketchley's to pick up freshly cleaned circa 1997 Charlton Managers' coat as have practically lived in it since August then filling my tescos carrier bag with picnic eggs, thermos and Argos catalogue before meeting my little firm at the request bus stop.

'Avin it large.
  • Options
    i've got a pair of foam hands that are too big for me - anybody swop for a curly wig?
  • Options
    JT said:

I've got away socks if anyone wants to swap with home

are you wearing shinpads? snowball guard?
  • Options

Shag said:

Mobbing up early doors at Kidsplay to get face painted then shooting over to Poundland to tool up with vuvuzelas.

Bowling down to sketchley's to pick up freshly cleaned circa 1997 Charlton Managers' coat as have practically lived in it since August then filling my tescos carrier bag with picnic eggs, thermos and Argos catalogue before meeting my little firm at the request bus stop.

'Avin it large.
    lol them old managers coats are rascal. I remember the black with Red Umbro on the back that Alex Ferguson had and some norman would be wearing it around Bexleyheath.
  • Options
    What shoes should I wear?

I'm hearing the ground is going to be frosty so I'm thinking of wearing my mountain boots? But then I'm thinking about that walk from the station and I know it's going to be quite a way so should I wear hiking shoes?

Then all I can think about is how cold it's going to be so might just go with my usual Uggs and to bring my running shoes in my duffel bag for after the game.

All advice welcome.
  • Options
    Will they let me in with an Asda bag for life?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

What shoes should I wear?

I'm hearing the ground is going to be frosty so I'm thinking of wearing my mountain boots? But then I'm thinking about that walk from the station and I know it's going to be quite a way so should I wear hiking shoes?

Then all I can think about is how cold it's going to be so might just go with my usual Uggs and to bring my running shoes in my duffel bag for after the game.

All advice welcome.

Blend in with the locals and go bare foot.