Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"PubSpy" NewsShopper.

12346»

Comments

• Options

I see The Lullingstone Castle has, in part, a flat roof.

Never/rarely come across a decent pub with a flat roof.

NB I see the Lounge Bar is closing down.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11107272.The_Lounge_bar_in_Chislehurst_is_closing_down/?ref=mr

The Valley pub had a flat roof. Had some great times in there over the years.
    I knew there would be a smart arse. That's why I said rarely. :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    So, The Lounge Bar closes.

Another 'pub' goes to be replaced by faceless flats.

I thought councils were meant to have the power to protect these places and our heritage.

Instead, they can't wait to get rid, please developers (who can guess what the developer has promised them) and keep up their part in building more housing stock.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Council are trying to close The Fanny on the Hill as well, to build more flats.
  • Options
    Used to go the Fanny with my mate "goose" then on to the foresters long walk back up the hill though
    Memories of youth
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Anyone read that story about some village somewhere. Can't remember where, but basically they shut the local boozer in the village and some old boy made one in his back garden, it was basically a shed turned into a pub... I thought that was a good idea... Even brewed his own beer, he had a concoction of spirits to get the local blue rinse brigade marry, the locals loved him for it... I think he didn't even need a licence..
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Council are trying to close The Fanny on the Hill as well, to build more flats.

There are flats being built in the garden of the pub ATM.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    People only have themselves to blame for pubs closing down anyway.
  • Options
    Taken my.mum in the lullingstone castle for lunch a couple of times last year seemed ok to me ,or was it me blending in with the local chavs
  • Options

Taken my.mum in the lullingstone castle for lunch a couple of times last year seemed ok to me ,or was it me blending in with the local chavs

newsshopper.co.uk/archive/2014/03/27/11106296.Worst_pub_in_Britain__Sex_and_violence_horror_for_PubSpy_at_Lullingstone_Castle__Swanley/
  • Options
    not sold on this guy if I am honest, Firstly, his reviews seem to be based entirely on what kind of a mood he is in. I have never understood his loathing of anyone else in the pub ... as if a pub should be kicking out its regulars when he graces them with his presence.

It seems that he feels every pub should be geared up for one type of customer. That customer being an ale drinking (more than likely CAMRA member) miser who is the type to make the staffs shoulders drop when he walks in Daily mail folded under arm, with the impending expectation of an afternoons worth of passive aggressive comments about the quality of the abbot ale and that "its 5p cheaper down the road". He neglects to acknowledge that there are different types of people who enjoy pubs for different drinks and different reasons.

All to quick to deliver a scathing report on his target and obviously he could do much better, as most of this type of customer feels they can... most of them never having worked in, let alone run a pub of their own. So you can rest assured publicans, unless there is a free meal involved somewhere or his favourite ale is on the pump, you will be getting a bad review.
  • Sponsored links: