Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weather Today. Will The Valley pitch remain playable ?

Comments

• Options
    Saw the forecast yesterday and thought we might have a problem. Will leave it as late as possible before setting off
  • Options
    Covers.
    Covers covers covers covers covers covers.
    Covers.
  • Options
    As me old mate Bear Gryles would say 'there's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing'
  • Options
    It's a bit of rain no way will it be called off
  • Options
    I had a bear grill once. It was OK, but a bit fatty.
  • Options
    Can't remember the last time we had one called off at home for rain, anybody know?

Anyway sure Paddy will have it sorted.
  • Options
    No chance it will go ahead. Thought that was obvious from yesterday morning tbh. Just like NYD (West Ham?) about 10 days ago. Gutting when we are on a roll. Am so looking forward to this.
  • Options

No chance it will go ahead. Thought that was obvious from yesterday morning tbh. Just like NYD (West Ham?) about 10 days ago. Gutting when we are on a roll. Am so looking forward to this.

Is it really that bad ?

• Options
    No rain in Maze Hill area at the moment at all.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Am in Lee and I reckon the rain isn't that bad here, certainly not bad enough to call off a game. is there any source of hard news?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012

Looking forward to something that you know isn't going to happen?

According to forecast will start to ease up for a few hours around 3:30.
  • Options
    Not torrential at Shooters hill yet but the forecast is for "heavy rain" from around twelve o clock until past midnight. That if correct would mean three hours of heavy rain before kick off and five hours of heavy rain before the match concludes. I suppose much depends on exactly what the met office mean by "heavy rain" ?
  • Options
    For what reason would the game be off it is a bit of rain nothing else

The covers should be on the ground staff ready

Game on IMO it's not blanket snow or a torrential down pour its a bit of rain
  • Options
    My back garden looks playable even after my dogs have been running round it so I can't see it being a problem. Sure the covers must have been on overnight?
  • Options
    Someone better get up on the roof of the north stand and fix the hole above my seat.
  • Options
    All this panic for nothing, game will be on I think it's not like we don't have covers.
  • Options
    Willmore the words "i think" dont sound good!!
    We have covers indeed,but do we have any staff still employed to put them on? I know a man who would have tried on his own but!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The official CAFC twitter feed hasn't mentioned any issues at all (they last posted about 15 minutes ago) .

They are pretty good at keeping us informed. If there are any problems I'm sure they'll let us know as soon as they become aware of them.

A lot can change in 3 hours *fingers crossed*.
  • Options
    Yeah we do and a cracking bunch of lads they are as well
  • Options
    Even with covers on some surface water would have crept under the covers and if the rain is as torrential as it is meant to be this afternoon, the covers would have to come off an hour before kick off and stay off for the duration of the game. Just have to hope it doesn't rain as badly as suggested
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a single match has been postponed yet - why on earth should ours be.
  • Options
    The only thing I dislike about rain is when the dozen or so rows in front of us in the NL all try to cram themselves into our one row, which is out of the rain but still very close to the goal. Man up you sissies! It's rain, that's all.
  • Options
    Game will be on its not raining that hard LEAVE IT yeah
  • Options
    Not suggesting it will be postponed. What I do think is an outside possibility is that the match might not be able to be completed. The ground is already very wet. If it rains very hard for the entire duration of the match plus for at least a couple of hours before then I think it could be iffy. Unlikely but possible. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Not a single match has been postponed yet - why on earth should ours be.

Luton Towns game OFF.

Luton Town ‏@LTFC_Official
    GAME OFF
    Retweeted by NonLeaguePaper

• Options
    I'm in Charlton now and it's spitting a bit It won't be called off.
  • Options
    There's a big difference between your garden, and a football pitch constructed to drain heavy rain.

It'll be fine unless there is a storm of biblical proportions.
  • Options
    Seriously . It's drizzling for Christ sake . There is absolutely no danger if it being called off. Stop scare mongering .
  • Options
    Oh my God, it's raining. Quick, someone build an Arc.
  • Options
    Its only a bit of drizzle. Been like it all morning in Charlton but nothing too bad, no where near Yeovil levels when I drive home in my pants to try and dry off/ stay warm