Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Peterborough Utd|27 November 2012| Preview, Views, News and Team Line Ups

edited November 2012 in General Charlton
The Introduction:

To some this will be seen as an easy win game to be "got out of the way" before the Spanners v Humans game at the weekend but on that road lies disaster.

Any book of football clichés will tell you that you have to go into this game fully focused or it will come back to slap you in the face. The Posh maybe bottom of the table but that is just the sort of game where Charlton teams of the past have come unstuck. Swindon in the Championship season anyone?

The Opposition

Peterborough (not Peterbrough) are struggling to find any form. Like Charlton they lead on Saturday only to be pegged back by a penalty. That result left them holding up the table with 13 points. Optimists will point out that a win could lift them above the three teams above them, however.

One thing you can, almost, be sure of is goals. There has been a goal in each of Peterborough's last 139 (yes, one hundred and thirty nine) games and in many cases plenty of them. No one who was there will forget Charlton being 4 - 0 up at half time at London Rd under Parky and then winning a thrilling game 3 - 2 early in Chris Powell's tenure.

United have not been helped by some unrest in the dressing room. Four players were disciplined for going out AFTER a defeat http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20300110 Two of those players, record signing Barrett and Emile Sinclair, were quickly moved on to other Championship clubs.

And unusually there is will be no former Addick in the opposition side. Rejected youth player George Boyd, who played alongside Wilson, Green and Haynes and like them went on to carve out a decent career elsewhere, is the only connection other the AFKA BArtram lookalike Darren Furgusson in the manager's suit.

The Line Up

Just when you thought it was safe to close the treatment room door injuries came back to disrupt what was looking like a settled side.

Chris Powell seemed optimistic that Dan Seabourne and Manny Frimpong would recover and start. The view on Danny Haynes was more cautious so expect him to rest his hamstring on the bench for a while.

If Seabourne and Frimpong do return then CP has a big choice to make. The back five picks itself but what to do with the midfield? Kerker deserves to move back to left-mid where he can do some damage while Green did little to suggest he should displace Pritchard on the right.

But in the centre Powell has Manny, Johnny and Dale. Who will voted off this week?.

If Haynes isn't fit to start that is one less selection headache for Our Chris. With Kermo back and raring to go, Hulse scoring without shinning and Fuller full of tricks but not a finish plus the almost forgotten BWP Chris has plenty to choose from but no obvious stand out pairing.

Sir Chris's Curbs like caution suggests as few changes as possible so expect.

Hamer
Solly Cort Morrison Seabourne
Pritchard Jackson Frimpong Kerker
Hulse Fuller

The Prediction

2 - 1 to the Addicks

Comments

• Options
    @BenHamer21: Not an ideal sunday morning! Dead Leg! #treatmentroom”

hamer with a dead leg so could potentially be out.

Think we will draw this one
  • Options
    I agree with your team Henry besides Stephens over Jackson for me.

As for the game, the kind we simply must win if we want a comfortable mid-table ride this season - and I believe we will do, 3-1.
  • Options
    Stephens over Jacko for me too. 2-1 to the Addicks, Hulse to grab another goal at home.
  • Options
    Not saying that is the team I would choose but the one I think Powell will go with.
  • Options
    Draw
  • Options
    'Spanners v humans'...like it.
    1-0 win to us.
  • Options
    seaborne in for kerkar, 2-0 charlton, hulse first goalscorer
  • Options
    draw or loss. Lets just hope Pboro keep 11 men on the pitch as the last two games when playing against 10 performances have been poor
  • Options
    6 pointer.

I'll be happy to avoid defeat.
  • Options
    think we will take this 3-1....with Fuller, Hulse and a cameo from Yann all on target.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-1 with Yann hitting the target. Very confident on this one for some reason.
  • Options
    Comfortable 3 0 win, doing a proffesional job like the game against Bristol.
    Hulse & Fuller twice.
  • Options
    Let's hope it's dry - jacket only just dried out.

Should win this one - normally after a game like the one we just witnessed Powell gets them all fired up. I expect them to come out all guns blazing, go 2-0 up and then start passing it round the back until they let Peterborough back in with a goal... all before half time. Nervy 2nd half, but no more goals. 2-1 to the addicks.
  • Options
    5 year season ticket Directors box appearance for me. Taking the Mrs, who is 100% when watching us away. Hopefully the magic rubs off at home.

2-0 to the Addicks.

Praying for no bookings for Morro and Pritchard. Could live with Jacko getting one though, as need energy for Millwall and understand Wilson would be back for that with Pritch moved to CM
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Peter Brough was the ventriloquist behind Archie Andrews .. gottle a geer .... If Seabourne and Haynes are fit I can see a comfortable victory, if Seabourne is unfit, the defence will again be severely weakened; if Haynes is missing again, the side once more lacks pace. Consolations: Hulse is on form, Fuller will soon be back to his best. Either way I expect a win against an unpredictable Posh side which has a habit of playing outta their collective skins and causing upsets.

CAFC 2 v Peterborough United 0
  • Options
    Kerkar wide left and 3-0. Kerkar lb 1-0.
  • Options
    Haynes is the key for me. Gives our attack a totally different dimension.

With him 2-0 win. Without another bore draw.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    we wont lose this one but i'm not certain we'll win it
    i can't concentrate there's only one game that reeeeeeallly matters this week fffffs lets get this one out the way and go beat the scum %*$**
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton
  • Options
    It will be a toughie but a fancy a win here. 3-2 to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 Fuller
  • Options
    We 'should' win this and I think we will. I think CP will continue with Hulse and Fuller to start. Seabourne back at LB, Kerkat at LM and I would prefer Frimpong and Stephens in the middle. Pritchard on the right. The only problem is JJ. I'm not sure Chris is ready to drop him. We'll see. 2-0 Addicks.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Midfield of Kerkar, Stephens, Frimpong and Green for me if Seaborne is fit. Won't happen I know but it's what I'd do.
  • Options
    If we're lacking pace without Haynes why aren't Waggy or Cook at least on the bench?
  • Options
    Tough game it'll be decided by the odd goal either way.

Hope Fuller plays and finds his scoring boots
  • Options
    2-0 fuller and Haynes
  • Options
    until th pies return can see our home form continuing to stutter. 0-1
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Difficult line up to call given the worsening injury situation, plus the fact that SCP is on record as saying he wants to freshen things up. So assuming Seaborne recovers I am anticipating the following; Hamer, Solly Morro Cort Seaborne, Green Pritchard (or Frimpong) Stephens Kerkar, Hulse (or Yann) & BWP. Subs Button Yann Dervite Fuller Jackson Frimpong Johnson

Should be enough for a 2-0 win to the Addicks with Haynes, Jackson and possibly Frimpong brought back into the starting line up for the trip to the toolbox.
  • Options

If we're lacking pace without Haynes why aren't Waggy or Cook at least on the bench?

Good question.

One of them on the bench at least provides an option to inject more pace.

• Options
    3-1 win