Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Hulse

Think he is quality.

He is always in the right place at the right time.

Would like to see him and Haynes v Millwall.

Comments

• Options
    Do you want to be the one to tell Big Yan he's dropped ?
  • Options
    Good player but I love Yann
  • Options
    Should have smashed that chance first time tonight but he was the perfect player to come on and give them a headache. Becoming a big fan of Hulse, or 'Giant Danny Green' as he's now known to me and my dad
  • Options
    Yea as soon as he got inbetween those players he should of put the ball in the far corner. Tried go inside on the second guy tho.

Decent
  • Options
    so glad he missed that, had three quid on the fuller 1st goal, 2vs0!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

so glad he missed that, had three quid on the fuller 1st goal, 2vs0!

This really depresses me.

• Options
    I'd start him over Yann vs Millwall.
  • Options
    I wouldn't let it get you down too much.
  • Options
    Do hope he stays on in January. Haynes' seems intent on doing an Anyinsah (have ten good games a whole season, miss the rest through injury) and Fuller isn't exactly injury proof, so he's guaranteed game time and will never give less than his best. Must be one of our highest scorers this season too!
  • Options
    Excellent player, but suspect that he's too similar to Yann to be a partnership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since Hulse came into the team we have have scored and created more chances in games and we have shot up the table. Thought it was strange he was dropped for a not fully fit Kermit yesterday.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @Nicholas

Suspect he was being rested with three games in a week.
  • Options

@Nicholas

Agreed. Don't forget that before about 4 weeks ago he'd played chuff all first team football for a long long time. I think Hulse will be back in on Saturday.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Since Hulse came into the team we have have scored and created more chances in games and we have shot up the table. Thought it was strange he was dropped for a not fully fit Kermit yesterday.

The results are as much to do with the fact we've let in just the one goal in the last four matches (and that was a pen).

• Options

Nicholas said:

The results are as much to do with the fact we've let in just the one goal in the last four matches (and that was a pen).

...and the improved defensive record is as much a fact that when Hulse and Haynes have played we've had much better outlets to take the pressure off.

Last night Fuller and Kerm weren't holding the ball up or running the channels as well as H&H do - hence Peterborough had a lot of chances and possession. Think Millwall will punish us for that on Saturday, so I'd go with Hulse and Haynes if fit.

• Options
    Very clever player Hulse. Similar to Fuller. I'd go Hulse and Haynes.
  • Options
    So people want to drop fuller for Hulse??? really, thats stupid
  • Options
    why ?
  • Options

Fuller may have scored that goal last night, but did very little else. He kept giving the ball away, nearly gifted P'boro a goal when he didn't pass to Solly and generally offered little movement, so he wasn't much of an outlet.

If he plays the exactly the same on Saturday we'll be 3-0 down before he scores his goal. We need to put a 90min shift in against Millwall.

His performance last night may have been down to fitness after his injury - but right now Hulse should be above him in the pecking order.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

@Nicholas

Hopefully its just that. I would bring Hulse back in for Kermit if Fuller is fit. And yes actually consider swapping Fuller for Haynes if he is fit.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012

Not really it's all about horses for courses. The Hulse / Haynes combo has been brilliant away from home as Hulse provides the outlet for a defence under pressure and Haynes knows he is going to get at a couple of chances from Hulse flick on's and through balls during the match to seal the deal. An ideal pairing for 1-0 wins on the road and this is who I would go with at the toolbox on Saturday. Fuller by the way was my MOM last night frustrating at times when he overplays it but our only real threat taking people on and he will be the ideal impact forward sub if needed and fit!
  • Options
    Well I doubt Fuller will be fit anyway, so Hulse and Haynes hopefully
  • Options
    Isn't it refreshing after the last few years to be having this sort of conversation - debating which two from Fuller, Hulse, Yann or Haynes should start... and then to have even an out of form BWP on the bench.

To think that just a couple of years ago the same discussion was on the merits of who should start out of Pavel Abbot and Paul Benson... wow
  • Options
    I rate Hulse. Works hard, has a presence and holds play up better than any of our other strikers. I would start with him and Haynes (if fit) at The Den.
  • Options
    Hulse and Haynes please, Sir Chris.
  • Options
    i missed last night but surprised so many people are not going for Kerm. He will be so up for getting at dirty Millwall.
  • Options
    Not a chance in hell SCP will drop Kermigant .
  • Options
    I like Hulse , but i love Yann , even though he's not been great when he has played this season , he has a lot of credit in the bank from last year.

How long is Hulse here for, and will Haynes be fit for Saturday , he has been electric this season when he has played , and also is Fuller now injured and how long is he out for?
  • Options
    I would start him at the Den also,if (and its a big if) Fuller is fit I would not want to risk him by starting,but have him ready on the bench if needed.Likewise Yann will not be match fit yet.According to the New Shopper SCP only wanted to give him 60/70 mins but changed his mind when Fuller was injured.

In contrast Hulse's cameo meant he would be fresh for Saturday.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hulse is the white Leaburn. Hold up play very good. Finishing poor.
    I'm not complaining, but the fact is he couldn't touch the ball into an empty net last night.
    Headed straight at the goalie on Saturday in injury time.
    At Wolves he couldn't tap the ball into an empty net from 2 attempts & then headed wide at the end when he should have scored.
    There are others, but those are the stand outs.

I do like Hulse, but he's no goalscorer is he.