Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Definitely an enigma however when everyone is available, may have to accept being a good impact sub if you want someone to put in a decent delivery / get to the dead ball line. Two games that immediately spring to mind where he came on away from home, influenced one and nearly got us a draw at the other, were MK Dons last year when he gave Lewington a hard time then crossed for Yann to snatch us a point and Derby this year when he sparked us into life at 3-0 down to get us back to 3-2.
  • Options
    Green has been stifled at charlton , his set pieces and corners are not being used as they should , his long throws into the box is hardly ever used . The manager has given these jobs to other players who are poor. Do you think the manager lets green do what he wants , he's told what to do . Like the rest of them . I can see him moving on to a prem club soon . His set pieces alone can be the difference in any team . To play Wilson and solly together is like playing 2 right backs making the same runs as they both want to be wingers . Every green basher on here says he don't cover solly but when has Haynes covered solly when he plays right side. How Jackson gets in the team in front of green totally baffles me. His job is right wing and should be looking after the left back . Also best penalty taker at charlton another thing taken off him .I can't see why anybody would buy a player because they like what they do and when they get him don't let him do it .
  • Options
    Green at a Prem Club??

hahahahaha
  • Options
    Put your money where and all that
  • Options

Green has been stifled at charlton , his set pieces and corners are not being used as they should , his long throws into the box is hardly ever used . The manager has given these jobs to other players who are poor. Do you think the manager lets green do what he wants , he's told what to do . Like the rest of them . I can see him moving on to a prem club soon . His set pieces alone can be the difference in any team . To play Wilson and solly together is like playing 2 right backs making the same runs as they both want to be wingers . Every green basher on here says he don't cover solly but when has Haynes covered solly when he plays right side. How Jackson gets in the team in front of green totally baffles me. His job is right wing and should be looking after the left back . Also best penalty taker at charlton another thing taken off him .I can't see why anybody would buy a player because they like what they do and when they get him don't let him do it .

Alright Danny, have a word with Chris about it instead of here
  • Options

Green has been stifled at charlton , his set pieces and corners are not being used as they should , his long throws into the box is hardly ever used . The manager has given these jobs to other players who are poor. Do you think the manager lets green do what he wants , he's told what to do . Like the rest of them . I can see him moving on to a prem club soon .

Seriously? Which Prem club do you think he would be snapped up by?

• Options

In my opinion, danny green is the best winger at the club. He can get the ball down and pick a pass and when he is in possesion he can run at his man, beat him and whip a good ball in. I dont understand why he remains on the bench, anyone agree?

Me too, he is the best option on the right at the moment, so much more technically gifted than pritchard. You have all these idiots on here keep saying no bottle for sat yet against palace he was only player who stepped up and did something when coming on.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Green has been stifled at charlton , his set pieces and corners are not being used as they should , his long throws into the box is hardly ever used . The manager has given these jobs to other players who are poor. Do you think the manager lets green do what he wants , he's told what to do . Like the rest of them . I can see him moving on to a prem club soon .

Stoke
  • Options

Put your money where and all that

£50 to Demelza House if, when he leaves Charlton, he moves to a English Premier League Club.

Do you want to accept the bet?
  • Options
    ooh good man Henry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Rizzo said:

Stoke
    You think he's better than Kightly then? Or Charlie Adam (who Pulis seems to like to stick on the right wing for no good reason).

• Options
    He is the only proper winger at the club, so not saying much
  • Options
    Think Henry might be winning that bet somehow

Greens strength is his occasional dead ball delivery

His weaknesses are lack of pace, complete inability to tackle without unnecessary fouls, workrate of your average hungover Sunday league player, gets caught out of position constantly, never gives solly cover, doesn't score or create enough goals when he gets a run in the team (stats v waggy would back that up last year) and rarely looks like beating his man

It's a problem area for us and has been for a while but given a choice would be Wilson for me every time
  • Options
    Been clear for a while now Charltonoldboy is a relative of Danny Green.
  • Options
    While Wilson isn't fit Green should be starting on that wing, but when Wilson's fit I don't think it's a competition. Other than that Waggy should be 3rd choice, think he has been a little hard done by. I just wanna see Pritch in the centre tbh, think that's where he fits in and don't really like him on the right, that said he always makes a good crack of playing on the right even though he probably isn't that comfortable there.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

dizzee said:

Rizzo said:

Stoke
    You think he's better than Kightly then? Or Charlie Adam (who Pulis seems to like to stick on the right wing for no good reason).

I don't know. I just think if he had to be at a Prem club, Stoke would suit him best. They love a good cross and long throw.
  • Options
    Wilson should be first choice on the right all day long for me but green can be a very good impact sub, he's got a great delivery and did well last night but he gave away a few free kicks in good crossing positions and against a better team we would have been punished for it.
  • Options
    Poor old Danny Green.

He gets berated on here for not putting in challenges and tackles.

And when he does put in challenges and tackles - he gets berated on here.

• Options
    Judging by this thread (and the 700,000 other threads on the same subject) it's almost as if who the best winger at the club is is subjective. With that in mind I'll leave it to Powell to pick who he wants to play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Name the last decent winger we had

I am struggling to think of one

Must have been able

To go up and down wing (covering the full back when needed) at speed

Made more than 3 decent crosses in a game

Can deliver a decent corner

Has a good shot to goals ratio above 1 in 7 say

Away we go

• Options
    John Robinson.
  • Options
    That's about as far back as I had to go and it took him a good season to settle into the postition

We have had shit wingers really

Now is no difference
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    as inconsistant as green is, fuller and yann apart, he is the next player i get excited about when he has the ball cos something "may" happen .......
    as for the rest of the team, well a boring sideways pass that any chump can do is more than likely to happen and yes that is prolly the right thing 90% of the time but i like someone who can do some magic and something that i'm not capable of on the field of play !
  • Options
    Under Curbs, Powell and Parkinson we rarely played with out and out wingers though, at least not on both sides.

It's not always as entertaining, but we've rarely made it work for us when we have tried it (97/98 being the notable exception).
  • Options
    Although inconsistent I believe he is one of the only players we have that with the skill he has, produce something special.

I also don't think he is as bad as tracking back as most of CL think he is.

His tackling vs. Peterboro was woeful but I can't remember it being that bad normally (when he gets the chance to play).
  • Options
    What i am trying to highlight is what are we comparing him too

I just dont really rate him but thats not saying he is shit

We just never seem to have good wingers
  • Options
    Literally every team on the planet has had shit wingers really though haven't they. That's why so few teams employ out and out wingers; there's little room for luxury players in football these days. Nani's an out and out winger and Fergie wouldn't trust him with his shopping list; he much prefers Valencia who is so good at tracking back he can play comfortably at full back. Chelsea have attacking midfielders who can tuck in and Marin has been reduced to two sub appearances. Liverpool play their £20 million winger at left back to mitigate his atrocious form and England's answer to the left wing problem was once Joe Cole. Wingers are inconsistent by trade and we really shouldn't be surprised by the lad we signed in League One not firing us up towards the Premiership every week
  • Options
    Danny Green has done more than enough off the bench in the last two home games to be thrown on for the last 15-20 at the Den if we're struggling to break them down for an important deciding goal.
  • Options
    We had this 20 years ago with Mark Robson and Jonny Robinson.

Mark Robson could beat a man and put a lovely cross in but did little else whereas after a while Robbo became a proper player with a few more strings to his bow.

I thought Wagstaff might turn into that sort of player but clearly isnt rated by the manager.