Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Feely signs on OS (2012), (ed. joined Wimbledon on loan 11/13)

edited November 2013 in General Charlton
Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

Meanwhile, Charlton have also agreed a deal to sign defender Kevin Feely from Irish club Bohemians in Jan - http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20121128-morrison-suspension-feely-514421.aspx … (IL) #cafc

Done deal but is he good enough. I think we need another thread to discuss this : - )

Comments

• Options
    Massive liability.

Will never handle the pressure of The Den.
  • Options
    We have to wait until January?

Powell out!
  • Options
    Everton after him apparently. Man Citeh weren't after him though.

Powell Out!
  • Options
    I think we've signed him for U21's
  • Options
    Wibble...
  • Options
    wibble...???
  • Options
    never heard of him so terrible signing.

can't wait to see him play.

Powell out.
  • Options
    I know someone who still plays at Bohemians, and he said he is a very promising player...

Apparently it was evident since he was a teenager he would make a good career for himself.

Do think he is for the development squad for now...
  • Options

Don't like to see Charlton players wearing kaftans, writing poetry an playing the flute.

Not good for dressing room morale.

How tall is this Bohemian anyway?
  • Options
    http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/feely-aiming-to-hit-heights-at-valley-3311027.html?

Good interview/article on Feely about how he feels coming to Charlton. ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morrisson replacement tomorrow? That'll learn him.
  • Options
    kafka said:

I really hope you're joking, he's 19, only ever played irish level and hasn't even trained with us yet for Christ's sake! Good thing he doesn't join until 1st Jan anyway!
  • Options
    kafka said:

Hardly likely, as he can't play until Jan 1st.

Comes across as confident in his own abilty and belief that he can force his way in to the team. Look forward to seeing how this one develops................
  • Options
    Don't know if the link has gone up here yet or not: http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130116-feelys-first-impressions-601487.aspx

Nice read and good to see him playing for the U21s.
  • Options
    I like him as he took the piss out of Neil Warnock on Twitter a few months ago. He'll fit in well.

• Options
    Genuinely read the title as "there are some signs on the OS that are making me feel nervous".
  • Options
    Seems to have settled in well since he moved over earlier in the year and built a great partnership with Semi in the U21s. Has scored a few as well and made the bench a couple of times.

Hope the progress continues and he gets at least a few cup games (well, two anyway ;-) ) next season.
  • Options
    I would imagine him and Semi will be 4/5 choice centre halves next season. With the budget as it is I would like to think we could survive without a "fourth" senior centre back given how well they both seem to be developing.
  • Options
    Kevin has just joined Carlisle on a 28 day loan, until September 4th. Good chance for some game time for him at a club we all have fond memories off!! Good luck Kev :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Kevin has just joined Carlisle on a 28 day loan, until September 4th. Good chance for some game time for him at a club we all have fond memories off!! Good luck Kev :)

Perfect scenario for us, he would now be an overage player in our U21 squad,with Wood's arrival we are well off for centre backs.

Hopefully Kevin gets game time and it might even get extended,but after the first 28 days we would be able to recall him at 24 hours notice if we had an injury crisis.

• Options
    Great move for him. Hope he does well and becomes one of our 4 CBs from next season.
  • Options
    Well done the club. Could've got it closer to the Valley though... ;-)
  • Options
    Good move, decent level and hopefully he is successful. Would like to see a number of our Yoof head off for the same. With Cousins, Fox, Poyet, Azeez, Jordan and others at an age they need to start getting some game time to make it in the Professional leagues.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

TelMc32 said:

Perfect scenario for us, he would now be an overage player in our U21 squad,with Wood's arrival we are well off for centre backs.

Hopefully Kevin gets game time and it might even get extended,but after the first 28 days we would be able to recall him at 24 hours notice if we had an injury crisis.

He's not 21 until the end of August, so presumably still counts as U21 rather than overage this season?

It would take a major crisis for him to be recalled, seeing that we have 4 CBs
  • Options

Richard J said:

TelMc32 said:

He's not 21 until the end of August, so presumably still counts as U21 rather than overage this season?

It would take a major crisis for him to be recalled, seeing that we have 4 CBs

He said on his interview on Player in the summer that he was overage this season.
  • Options

Good move, decent level and hopefully he is successful. Would like to see a number of our Yoof head off for the same. With Cousins, Fox, Poyet, Azeez, Jordan and others at an age they need to start getting some game time to make it in the Professional leagues.

I wouldn't want to see Cousins sent out on loan at the moment as he's likely to be the next Callum H and feature in matchday squads sooner rather than later.

Just my opinion of course but feel he's the young gun who has stood out the most when given his opportunity in pre season friendlies .

• Options
    Cousins
    Piggot
    Azeez
    Fox

should all stay here and not go on loan
  • Options
    I'd keep Cousins and Pigott here as things stand, a few injuries/suspensions and they'll be on the bench.

Azeez, Fox etc for me are that bit further from the first team. There's only so much they'll gain from u21 football and the right loan should do them good. It doesn't have to be for the full season or even half a season, a month or so here and there can be a good thing.

Solly and Harriott never went on loan but there are many that did before breaking through. I guess much of it is down to what Powell and his staff feel is best for each player. I'm sure it helped Wagstaff and Basey, and although they didn't make it here, others such as Wright and Mambo.
  • Options
    Feely's starting today... 2-0 down to Cov after 10 minutes.