Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Feely signs on OS (2012), (ed. joined Wimbledon on loan 11/13)

Comments

• Options
    They have conceded 12 in 3 games...and would be bottom if not for Cov points deduction...
  • Options
    He was booked yesterday in the 88th minute.
  • Options

To be fair to Feely he wasn't at Carlisle for the first game and he came on last week when they were already 3-0 down.

I hope this does not destroy his confidence and that the Cumbrians improve over the remainder of his loan.
  • Options
    Yes indeed. Carlisle need to stay in the division so that we can win promotion there next season ;0)
  • Options
    Got marked a 4 in the Sun today!
  • Options
    providing he doesn't let it get to him it could be very good experience for a defender - better than playing in a 6-0 win where he has hardly anything to do all afternoon
  • Options

Yes indeed. Carlisle need to stay in the division so that we can win promotion there next season ;0)

My concern exactly!

• Options
    From what I saw on the FLS he was culpable for 2 of the goals. Appeared all over the shop. Doubt we will be seeing him near the first team anytime soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    oh dear,.. from their local paper

"KEVIN FEELY - A nightmare home debut from the loanee, who was bossed by Coventry’s forwards in the first half, then capped the day with the weak backpass that let in Clarke for number four. Looked distraught by the end."

can only get better for him, hopefully he'll bounce back and hopefully someone from CAFC is geeing him up

Right now the signing of Wood is looking pretty useful...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv6551bwm0Q

Seemed to do okay based on the above, at least he wasn't directly culpable until the last goal. Even got a decent block in in the build to the first goal.

Carlisle defence all over the shop in general, not him alone IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Noticed he wasn't even in the squad for the League Cup game against Leicester, didn't we give him permission to play in case needed later on in the competition ? :-P
  • Options
    Unused sub yesterday
  • Options
    Loan not extended, he's coming back.

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/article/feelyreturns1sep13-1028769.aspx?

I expect we'll look to get him out on loan again.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 10m
    #cafc's Kevin Feeley going on loan to #afcwimbledon.
  • Options
    carlisle was a long way for the lad. Wimbledon should be better as he'll probably still be based at his home and michael smith can help him settle in.
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 10m
    #cafc's Kevin Feeley going on loan to #afcwimbledon.

We seem to be building a bit of a relationship with AFC for our players to get game time. Sullivan, Mambo, Smith ..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Lower level than Carlisle as well so might be more comfortable

Quite happy to see players go on loan to AFC. I wonder how much the Euell connection is involved.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Lower level but a team doing better than Carlisle were so hopefully a confidence builder rather than a confidence destroyer!
  • Options
    Good place for a loan for a young lad. Already keep an eye on their results due to Smith so another reason to watch them
  • Options
    Good loan move. Shame Piggott can't get a loan move to a league 1 or 2 club as it would do him the world of good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be interested to see if we get someone in now with both Feely and Pope going out.

Will there be more young players going out on loan? Sky last week said Morgan Fox might get a move and the week before the SLP speculated about Diego Poyet.
  • Options
    I'll ask my friend who has a season ticket how he gets on. Pleased for him, AFC are on the up.
  • Options
    What's happening with Kevin ? Seems to have fallen behind Lennon and we have (I hope) Gomez coming through also. Did I read he's gone back to Ireland or have I just imagined that.
  • Options
    Thanks Shrew. Good luck to the lad. Seems that we have three very good youngsters at CB coming through.
  • Options

What's happening with Kevin ? Seems to have fallen behind Lennon and we have (I hope) Gomez coming through also. Did I read he's gone back to Ireland or have I just imagined that.

I believe he did go back and play a game with his old team, and in the story he was quoted as saying he is not sure if he is coming back to England or not yet
  • Options
    Feely surely off...sadly no indication that he is good enough for Championship
  • Options
    I liked him when I saw him with the U21's just after he first signed. The fact he appeared on the bench against Bolton the season before last showed at that stage he was then probably rated above Lennon .

He went on loan to Carlisle in L1 and had a torrid time. Then Lennon seems to have moved above him in the pecking order , although it seems he did well at Newport.

I suspect he will be let go ,but maybe a L2 side might take him.
  • Options
    Shame for the lad, Carlisle is a long way away. Going up there is a bit sink or swim i think.
  • Options
    Apparently done very well on loan at the end of the season and scored last game of the season.