Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cautiously Optimistic

I feel that we are growing into this league slowly but surely.I think that when Wiggins and Wilson are back we are going to be so much stronger down the flanks.In fact I think that Wiggins and Kerkar could really gel.Any thoughts who may or may not go in the window.BWP,Stephens,Holland?It would be interesting what CP would do with the cash.i reckon we may not be that far short of the play offs.I did say caustiously optimistic!!!

Comments

• Jacko and Wiggins for me. I know we say Jacko isnt great on the left, but half of the troubles he has had this year is that Wiggins isnt behind him. The Wiggins / Jacko combo was a massive part of why we were so successful last year. So Solly / WIlson on the right and Wiggins / Jacko on the left.
  • Yep.Good shout.
  • Jacko and Wiggins for me. I know we say Jacko isnt great on the left, but half of the troubles he has had this year is that Wiggins isnt behind him. The Wiggins / Jacko combo was a massive part of why we were so successful last year. So Solly / WIlson on the right and Wiggins / Jacko on the left.

= League 1
  • Wiggins has been biggest loss so far, he offers so much to the team can't wait for his return.
  • Wiggins has been biggest loss so far, he offers so much to the team can't wait for his return.

Not the biggest fan of Wiggins - think he's a little overrated. Zaha ran rings round him in the Palace game.

Not the biggest fan of Wiggins - think he's a little overrated. Zaha ran rings round him in the Palace game.

Zaha also plays for England and is likely to be the most expensive Championship player in history when Palace sell him in January.

Wiggins will be an incredible addition to the team when he is back.

Wiggins went off injured before even 15 minutes had been played vs palace

agreed, I'd like Seabourne to be signed, he's a proper defender and Wiggins sold to the highest bidder .. if any. Any 'ins' will be determined by the available money .. and 'outs' will depend on the 'ins' ... we need a wide left & a central midfielder .. the other positions are pretty well filled , at least for a club in our position ..... Powell has done well with limited funds, he's unearthed some good uns .. e.g. Wilson, Kerkar (I know the jury is out on him)
  • Wiggins is/was one of our best players. Part of our excellent defence and a real threat going forward. One of the few players we have that can take on a player with real pace.

Seabourne is a CB that can do a job at LB.
  • Agree we're growing into this league slowly but surely but atm I think play offs is a little hopeful, id be happy with mid table and think that's more realistic.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just put a tenner on us to win the league each way at 100-1 on Paddy Power. That's optimism/stupidity...

agreed, I'd like Seabourne to be signed, he's a proper defender and Wiggins sold to the highest bidder .. if any. Any 'ins' will be determined by the available money .. and 'outs' will depend on the 'ins' ... we need a wide left & a central midfielder .. the other positions are pretty well filled , at least for a club in our position ..... Powell has done well with limited funds, he's unearthed some good uns .. e.g. Wilson, Kerkar (I know the jury is out on him)
    Whaaat???!!!! Wiggins is one of our three best players and we have missed him terribly. I can thoroughly recommend an optician/psychiatrist for anyone that can't see that.
  • I think that the second half of our season will be even better than our first.

Good one. You nearly had me going there for a minute.

• Davo55 said:

Wiggins has been biggest loss so far, he offers so much to the team can't wait for his return.

Whaaat???!!!! Wiggins is one of our three best players and we have missed him terribly. I can thoroughly recommend an optician/psychiatrist for anyone that can't see that.
    Wiggins is a good footballer, but a bad defender .. In this division, with our team and resources, defending comes first before any ability going forward. Ergo, you have Wiggins, I'll take Seabourne
  • Davo55 said:

Wiggins has been biggest loss so far, he offers so much to the team can't wait for his return.

Wiggins is a good footballer, but a bad defender .. In this division, with our team and resources, defending comes first before any ability going forward. Ergo, you have Wiggins, I'll take Seabourne
    And you've seen Seabourne play how many times?

Laughable.

Replace arguably our best player with an average joe centre half who has been okay at left back.
  • Davo55 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I reckon he is a very good defender, who also gets forward and makes thinks happen in an attacking sense. Can't wait til he's back. Seabourne looks like decent cover, but Rhoys is the real deal.
  • Lincs probably rates Eggert!
  • Sell Wiggins are you joking? He's quality I don't think there are many left backs in the league better than him he's brilliant going forward and if he is caught out of position at the back more often than not he's quick enough to get back and block the cross.

agreed, I'd like Seabourne to be signed, he's a proper defender and Wiggins sold to the highest bidder .. if any. )
    Lincs, I think you've forgotten to take one of your pills. It's just as well we all know your clueless. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• They say the game is all about opinions but, with all due respect, it is ludicrous to label Wiggins a 'bad defender'.
    When Wiggins is back to full fitness, I have no doubt the CP will be looking to put him straight back in the team and forget about left back for the rest of the season.
    One less problem.
  • Morrison and Solly are far better than Wiggins. The 20 minutes Wiggins had against Zaha really showed his limitations and I was almost feeling sorry for him.
    He's an okay player but Solly is streets ahead ......
  • Wiggins is the doggies titties. Quality going forward and quality getting back. Takes players on for fun.

Last season we had the best 2 full backs in the league. Don't think there will be many better full backs in the champ too.

Can't wait till his back busting his bollocks down that left side again
  • Wiggins is the doggies titties. Quality going forward and quality getting back. Takes players on for fun.

Last season we had the best 2 full backs in the league. Don't think there will be many better full backs in the champ too.

Can't wait till his back busting his bollocks down that left side again

Sums it up for me.

• edited November 2012

Morrison and Solly are far better than Wiggins. The 20 minutes Wiggins had against Zaha really showed his limitations and I was almost feeling sorry for him.
    blockquote>

Is it really fair to base that judgement from a game when he was up against arguably the best player in the division in Zaha. A player who has just been called up to the England team for crying out loud.

• Tbf zaha hardly skinned his ass for the whole 20minutes Wiggins was playing. He done a few step overs and danced around. Hardly ran rings around him.
  • edited November 2012
    cafctom said:

Morrison and Solly are far better than Wiggins. The 20 minutes Wiggins had against Zaha really showed his limitations and I was almost feeling sorry for him.

Is it really fair to base that judgement from a game when he was up against arguably the best player in the division in Zaha. A player who has just been called up to the England team for crying out loud.
    Not even a game - a mere 15 minutes against him for god sake! Literally the most absurd thing I've ever read on here
  • Have a wonderful memory of Wiggy in the Huddersfield match at The Valley chasing down Rhodes as he broke into the box, sliding in and winning the ball cleanly, then coming away with it leaving Rhodes looking perplexed. To say Wiggins isn't a good defender is completely without basis. Quite how anyone can knock him based on 20 minutes against Zaha (which culminated in zero goals from Palace) I don't know but it seems to be the style at the moment.
  • Davo55 said:

Nobby no-mates.
  • Wiggins is one of our top 5 for sure along with Morro, Solly, Kermit and Fuller