Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cautiously Optimistic

2»

Comments

• Options
    Seabourne was terrible going forward, aint he a CB anyway.
  • Options
    Im glad that I have so many in agreement with me (:->) .. enjoy the game on saturday
  • Options

Has Lincs been drinking?? This usual paragon of wisdom thinks that Wiggins is poor and the BBC is good??

• Options
    edited November 2012

Has Lincs been drinking?? This usual paragon of wisdom thinks that Wiggins is poor and the BBC is good??

hic .. hic .. pass that f***ing bottle over 'ere .. the BBC is like the curate's egg, good in many parts, rank poor in others, Wiggins is a good player, our defence is better with Seabourne in place
  • Options

Thought so..
  • Options

Tbf zaha hardly skinned his ass for the whole 20minutes Wiggins was playing. He done a few step overs and danced around. Hardly ran rings around him.

You were obviously watching a different game - he couldn't cope with Zaha's pace. I think he's okay but don't understand why people rave about him so much - just my opinion.

I think Solly is a far more accomplished player and reads the game better.

I'll be very happy if he proves me wrong but I don't think he can play at a higher level.

• Options

Morrison and Solly are far better than Wiggins. The 20 minutes Wiggins had against Zaha really showed his limitations and I was almost feeling sorry for him.
    He's an okay player but Solly is streets ahead ......

I think Zaha shows everyone he plays against at the moment there limitations.

• Options

Morrison and Solly are far better than Wiggins. The 20 minutes Wiggins had against Zaha really showed his limitations and I was almost feeling sorry for him.
    He's an okay player but Solly is streets ahead ......

I think Zaha shows everyone he plays against at the moment there limitations.

Let's hope our academy can produce a similar player!!!

• Options

Tbf zaha hardly skinned his ass for the whole 20minutes Wiggins was playing. He done a few step overs and danced around. Hardly ran rings around him.

You were obviously watching a different game - he couldn't cope with Zaha's pace. I think he's okay but don't understand why people rave about him so much - just my opinion.

I think Solly is a far more accomplished player and reads the game better.

I'll be very happy if he proves me wrong but I don't think he can play at a higher level.

Solly reads the game better but Wiggins is quicker, more skilful and more of a threat going forward.

Two different types of full backs, both very good players.

Not sure why anyone would base their opinion on 20 minutes against Zaha. Nor why they'd prefer a centre back at full back.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wiggins in this team, we're getting results and we've improved the midfield and attack.
  • Options

hic .. hic .. pass that f***ing bottle over 'ere .. the BBC is like the curate's egg, good in many parts, rank poor in others, Wiggins is a good player, our defence is better with Seabourne in place<</b>/blockquote>

based on 3 games! Wiggins is class, your chatting rubbish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally in the Wiggins camp on this one.

I wonder how many games LIncs has actually seen Seabourne play ? Bristol ? Burnley ?

IMHO he has been adequate but wasn't totally convinced on Tuesday evening. Definitely in the shadow of Wiggins.
  • Options
    I'd even argue Wiggins is one of the best left backs in the Championship. I think many sides would love a player of his quality. Seabourne isn't in the same class at all.

What some people see is a mystery to me
  • Options
    Anybody who thinks Wiggins is overrated needs their head examined. Zaha is the best player to come out of the championship in years. 15 minutes against him and you're ready to consign Wiggo to the scrapheap?

How I despise the FIFA/FM generation
  • Options
    Yeah, let's get rid of Wiggins. Far too over-rated for my liking, as is Solly & Morrison. Maybe we can get a job lot for the useless trio. I'm sure if Powell really tries, he can bring back Basey, Doherty and Francis. Now they were proper defenders.

P.S, Many thanks for these tablets Lincs, they're great...............................
  • Options
    Wiggins is a class act.
  • Options
    Wiggins overated.... this forum amazes me sometimes!
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Wiggins has been biggest loss so far, he offers so much to the team can't wait for his return.

Not the biggest fan of Wiggins - think he's a little overrated. Zaha ran rings round him in the Palace game.

agreed, I'd like Seabourne to be signed, he's a proper defender and Wiggins sold to the highest bidder .. if any. Any 'ins' will be determined by the available money .. and 'outs' will depend on the 'ins' ... we need a wide left & a central midfielder .. the other positions are pretty well filled , at least for a club in our position ..... Powell has done well with limited funds, he's unearthed some good uns .. e.g. Wilson, Kerkar (I know the jury is out on him)
    Whaaat???!!!! Wiggins is one of our three best players and we have missed him terribly. I can thoroughly recommend an optician/psychiatrist for anyone that can't see that.
    Wiggins is a good footballer, but a bad defender .. In this division, with our team and resources, defending comes first before any ability going forward. Ergo, you have Wiggins, I'll take Seabourne
    Did you see Seabourne v P'Boro? He was being skinned for fun, the reason Morro is banned for Millwall is due to Seasbourne being skinned once again! Wiggins all day long for me.

• Options
    Wiggins is lucky because his pace compensates for defensive weaknesses. Solly is simply the best right back (defensively) I have seen in a Charlton shirt but because Wiggins is lucky to have his pace it means he is still a top player. I believe he is one of our potential premiership players and we do miss him as he is a wing back in the truest sense and allows us to beef up the midfield more.
  • Options
    Wiggins doesn't only have quick feet, he's got a good 1st touch and bit of flair about him going forward.

He's a competant Champs quality defender but we've really missed the thrust he provides turning defence into attack, let alone his crossing ability.

• Options

Anybody who thinks Wiggins is overrated needs their head examined. Zaha is the best player to come out of the championship in years. 15 minutes against him and you're ready to consign Wiggo to the scrapheap?

How I despise the FIFA/FM generation

I think Wiggins has limitations as a defender and is better going forward. Zaha was the biggest test he's come up against and he didn't come out of it very well - if he'd been on the pitch for the full 90 minutes rather than 20 it would have been even more obvious.

Solly has a better eye for positioning(reminds me of CP) and copes with pace better.

I definitely don't think Wiggins is a bad player but I do think some of our supporters are over-hyping him. He's certainly the best left back we've got but I think Morro and Solly are more influential in the side.

I am more than happy to be proved wrong and hope Wiggins gets to play at the highest level.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wiggins will be our first choice LB in the Premier League next season, FACT
  • Options
    If we were to get to the Premier League in the next couple of years, then Wiggins is one of the hanfdul of players I would have in the first team.