Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bruce Springsteen - Wembley Stadium

2»

Comments

• Options
    I saw him in Rome a few weeks ago, he’s still got a great voice and the band is as tight as ever. My favourite all-time artist since I heard Born To Run for the first time.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Top show yesterday. The Chics had something about them toohem t
  • Options
    Not the only old geezer doing the rounds ...

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Anyone at Hyde Park last night? The reviews are all incredible.

I'm there tomorrow night - can't wait.

I am off there tomorrow too. Going on my own and very much looking forward to a few beers and some great music. Ticket was damned expensive. 
  • Options
    Saw him at Wembley in 87 with Mrs SB who was a massive fan at the time. I’ve become a bigger fan over time than she is as I l love  the diversions into folk etc and she doesn’t. Great to see him still cutting it. 
  • Options
    Went to Murrayfield and did the VIP there rather than Hyde Park. I enjoyed it, but the way the Jocks drink my liver wasn't happy for the rest of the week...
  • Options
    kigelia said:
    bobmunro said:

I am off there tomorrow too. Going on my own and very much looking forward to a few beers and some great music. Ticket was damned expensive. 
    Tell me about it!

• Options
    Best thing about yesterday was the middle aged parent/30 yo kids going apeshit together. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Best thing about yesterday was the middle aged parent/30 yo kids going apeshit together. 

That's what I'm expecting to happen - certainly hoping.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Did you see Frank Turner? If so, how was it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    McBobbin said:
    Did you see Frank Turner? If so, how was it?
    Nope, got there for some of the Chicks who were good even if not my thing. Worth getting there for Frank Turner I reckon, he's great
  • Options
    We went to watch him in oslo last week and he was fantastic. Was there on Thursday too, similar set lists but brilliant shows. I had tickets for his broadway show when it re-opened post covid but travel restrictions meant we couldn't go. The whole show is on Netflix for anyone that hasn't seen it, it's so good! Hope everyone going tonight enjoys it, I'm not sure how many more opportunities we will have to see him live!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    bobmunro said:

Was there on Thursday, great night. He doesnt pause for breath for nearly three hours. First real break was when he introduced the band then straight into a five hit encore. Amazing stamina. The Chicks are well worth getting there early to listen to and see. Strong and in there own right, great country rock honed over 30 odd years.
  • Options
    I can hear the concert from where I live in Central London. Just heard Born to Run with the crowd singing along. Sounds a great night in Hyde Park.
  • Options
    When someone with over 100m followers and know a bit about putting on a show says this ......

• Options
    It was a great show. Band looked like they were having fun as did most of the crowd.  
  • Options
    Was at the Aston Villa show. Beer ran out then when it resumed found it was £6.95 for a Pinot Stella plus £2 for the plastic cup, which you could use for future beers (after queueing for an hour, nah thanks). You were then expected to give them the cup back at the end (no refund).

As for the show. Brilliant. On stage for over 3 hours.
  • Options
    kigelia said:
    It was a great show. Band looked like they were having fun as did most of the crowd.  

Sensational performance by Bruce and all of the E Street Band. I kept looking at my watch saying to myself there's still an hour to go, there's still 40 minutes to go and so on - I just didn't want it to end.
  • Options
    Massive fan and my favourite all time artist. Have seen him a number of times, the last time was the infamous night when the electricity was turned off at Hyde Park with Paul McCartney on stage - in order not to upset the neighbours at 10.30pm on a Saturday night! Unfortunately, in no fit state now to do the same again and deeply envious of those that are but do hope that all those that do get to see him have a great time. I'm sure that they will.

It's also fantastic to see that former Sky Sports presenter, Dave Clark, who suffers from Parkinson's, has been following him on this tour. 

The Boss never forgets......and I will never forgive those that stopped the show

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw Cohen at the 02, probably mid 2000's? Superb. Do love seeing the oldies when they know exactly what the crowd want
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I've been very lucky to have been to many great gigs and I never thought that Leonard Cohen a couple of years before he died would ever get beaten. Having had the chance now to reflect I have concluded that Bruce on Saturday night was the pinnacle of my live music experiences. If I never go to another gig, I'll be happy.

Sharing it with my boys who both clearly got the genius of Springsteen made it even more special.
    That’s why Springsteen fans travel the world to see show after show.