Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Bump

Looks like another year in the south east at least with no snow. I wonder if we are ever going to see a significant winter again ?

1814 was the last time the Thames froze in London and also incidentally the last time an Elephant walked across it.

@cabbles - take note

very good - mine would be along the lines of Snow the artist who sung 'Informer' back in the early 90s

His real name Darrin Kenneth O'Brien actually did jail time for an attempted murder charge. That's it for today. I've been poor with these recently in terms of consistency, but I hope to give you all more over the coming weeks. Great shout from KArim there though
  • Options

My eldest daughter is nearly 3 and she's never seen snow! Hope we have some in years to come, I'd hate her to miss out on the fun.

You should let her out of the basement some time, then.
    :-)
  • Options

My eldest daughter is nearly 3 and she's never seen snow! Charlton Athletic win. Hope we have some in years to come, I'd hate her to miss out on the fun.

Corrected
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Bump

Looks like another year in the south east at least with no snow. I wonder if we are ever going to see a significant winter again ?

1814 was the last time the Thames froze in London and also incidentally the last time an Elephant walked across it.

we will never see this phenomenon again in our life time. unless a nuclear war happens. and if we survive then a nuclear winter similar to an ice age would certainly make the even more toxic waters of the Thames freeze.
    That's going to be a big fallout shelter if you plan on keeping an elephant
  • Options
    Apparently when the bridge was replaced in 1831, the new bridge had fewer and larger arches, (and was also further down river) which meant the flow of water did not slow down as much as previously. This meant the freezing of the surface was less likely to occur in cold weather.
  • Options
    Added to which the various power stations..........The best I did in London in 1963 was skate on the Serpentine which was frozen over for two months.
  • Options

My eldest daughter is nearly 3 and she's never seen snow! Charlton Athletic win. Hope we have some in years to come, I'd hate her to miss out on the fun.

Corrected
    I've taught her to support the team in red.

She got the hump the other day because I was watching Tottenham v Leicester and the red team wouldn't come out to play.
  • Options
    Snowing in mottingham!
  • Options
    Blue skies and sunshine @ London Bridge
  • Options
    Weird snow/sleet in Beckenham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never snows down here, just bleddy sunshine.

• Options

It just snowed over London bridge 20 mins ago as I took a picture.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Never snows down here, just bleddy sunshine.

I had a cheeky break down in Watergate Bay near Padstow a few weeks ago Oggy, Blue skies and sunshine all the way :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Light snow in Bickley near Bromley
  • Options
    Was just snowing down Victoria Street.
  • Options
    Hail in Bournemouth!
    Oh,it's just stopped.
  • Options
    London Bridge way there was snow about an hour ago.

...?
  • Options
    Hail and snow down here this morning too as well as sunshine.
  • Options
    Just passed through Sevenoaks, snowing at the moment
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Brief flurry of snow in North London (Golders Green), followed by hailstones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clear skies in Edenbridge but gloomy clouds coming.
  • Options
    Snowed for a short while in Whitechapel
  • Options
    Snow in St Paul's!
  • Options
    We had snow/hail by the Gherkin around an hour ago but only 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Anyone know if it has snowed in London today ?
  • Options
    I presume this means the Southeastern trains will cancelled and delayed this evening....
  • Options

and snow :smiley:
  • Options
    Sunny and warm (ish) in Cheshire
  • Options
    Was is Chatham a little while ago and it snowing very lightly.