Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Been snowing for a couple of hours here in East Sussex. Another nightmeire commute beckons tomorrow.
  • I hope all those fricking lawyers manage to get into work.
  • It's annoying predictable. Red alerts for much of the West Country, yet still you get stories about loads of cars stuck in the snow on the A38 and A30. They were warned FFS...

But its not all predictable though.
    They had bromley down for snow all day today.
    Light snow up to midday then heavy for a few hours till 4 5 o'clock.
    7am starts snowing said to the wife your mad going in as its going to get heavier later.
    Come 12 oclock stopped snowing.
    The heaviest snow weve had over the last 4 days they didnt even predict it.
  • I was in Devon until yesterday and believe me there were plenty of warnings locally that Thursday was going to be dreadful. I came home a day early to heed those warnings.
  • I was in Devon until yesterday and believe me there were plenty of warnings locally that Thursday was going to be dreadful. I came home a day early to heed those warnings.

Exactly. People were specifically warned that conditions would be terrible there today, hardly anyone HAD to be driving this afternoon and evening
  • Going by the BBC forecast the entire south of England up to London is going to cop about 12 hours of heavy snow from 3pm tomorrow into Saturday morning.
  • Nothing overnight Romford way.
    Tubes running fine.

Think that’s it for southeast and London now.

Just waiting for the big thaw now.
  • Meant to go mad a bit later with more snow in Kent isn’t it?
  • Just seen that Sink The Bismarck is on Film 4 this afternoon, Quality.
  • The BBC Weather are shit, need to look at the met office weather far more accurate
  • Sponsored links:

• The snow seems to be avoiding just Horsham and Crawley at the moment.... What a waste of time.
  • Currently raining in Bearsted, Maidstone.
  • The BBC Weather are shit, need to look at the met office weather far more accurate

BBC weather is the met office in its media guise - they use met office data and all the forecasters on tv work for the met office. They are basically the same thing.

BBC weather is the met office in its media guise - they use met office data and all the forecasters on tv work for the met office. They are basically the same thing.
    The BBC now use the Meteogroup for their weather. Don't like their new weather maps - snow and cloud look very similar and the actual map of the UK is far too small.
  • So Bournemouth must be bad? we have office there which is the main office and they are closed. Will be a busy day today :neutral:
  • Went sledging in my lunch break and discovered my kids are magnets to trees.

Delighted to get us all home in one piece.

A bit cold to play cricket?
  • Heavy snow forecast for most of the day in Kent from 11
  • Lots of road problems in Kent. M2 closed earlier westbound between junctions 3 & 4, think it may still be closed.

Several accidents on M20 also westbound in Maidstone area, so expect big delays in Kent today.

Very glad I took the decision to stay at home today, even though it means taking a day's leave as cannot do any more work at home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rain froze over straight away down our way (nr Whitstable/Herne Bay), cars are sliding everywhere.
  • I hope all those fricking lawyers manage to get into work.

Working at a law firm with a big sports practice, I can tell you that a lot of them have been 'working' from home this week, but don't worry, the secretaries are in and doing all the work!
  • Looks like rain out of my window in Borough Green.
  • In the last hour the temperature has dropped to -2.3 with a lower dew point BUT there is drizzle falling. This is very likely to be freezing drizzle and will freeze on impact making everywhere very dangerous. Be very careful !!
  • Wilma said:

I hope all those fricking lawyers manage to get into work.

Working at a law firm with a big sports practice, I can tell you that a lot of them have been 'working' from home this week, but don't worry, the secretaries are in and doing all the work!
    people who can work from home don't have proper jobs - FACT !
    (unless you are a novelist or childminder)

• Exactly AUN - you have got a proper job.
  • 21 deaths in Poland this week, mainly rough sleepers, sadly.