Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Redhill to Guildford not too bad drive this morning. Went from abandoned cars in our road, to a slight dusting of snow in Dorking, 10 minutes down the road
  • Options
    cherryorchard said:
    Double whammy of snow and power cut here near Cranbrook in Kent. 
    Whereabouts are you. I live in Cranbrook we have lots of snow but still have power.
  • Options
    Drove back from St Leonards to home (approx 3 miles) a tad dodgy to say the least roads were gritted but the rain washed alot of it away. It's the first time I'd driven in those conditions for a long time, not a pleasant experience and one I'm not in a rush to repeat.
  • Options
    Very little snow in Charlton/Greenwich.
  • Options
    No snow in north norfolk.Beach walk with dogs this morning great
  • Options
    Willing to bet none of you have as many redwings on the tree outside your window as I do right now 
  • Options
    My son works in Bluewater and got snowed in. Camped out in the cinema until 5am when the gritters were out
  • Options
    Lee got a firm 6 inches last night.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    This is now the official "Snowing Innuendo" thread...take it anyway you like..... ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    Willing to bet none of you have as many redwings on the tree outside your window as I do right now 
    More than this?

there goes my bet, I guess. must be a lot of tasty berries in that car park
  • Options
    It actually started snowing again a few minutes ago, but just a flurry
  • Options
    Leuth said:

• Options
    This is now the official "Snowing Innuendo" thread...take it anyway you like..... ;)
    I had piles last night.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    I had piles last night.
    I had a massive dump yesterday evening.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:

What are you trying to do....melt the soles off ??
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Leuth said:
    More than this?

They aren’t on a tree
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:

What are you trying to do....melt the soles off ??
    Yeah that's just what I was trying to do. 
  • Options
    My son's school is closed again today. The roads are clear!!! Ithink the teachers have started their Christmas piss ups early!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My son's school is closed again today. The roads are clear!!! Ithink the teachers have started their Christmas piss ups early!!
    ridiculous, our kids school have made it 'optional' - they are going in !!
  • Options
    Some staff (teachers,admin,catering) live miles away from the school they work in and use a variety of travel methods to get to the school. 

Train strikes today along with traffic issues may be why they are saying it is optional as the school may not have full quota of staff to operate fully.

for example if school can not operate canteen or does not have enough first aiders on site it may have to close
  • Options
    SE9toDA2 said:
    Some staff (teachers,admin,catering) live miles away from the school they work in and use a variety of travel methods to get to the school. 

Train strikes today along with traffic issues may be why they are saying it is optional as the school may not have full quota of staff to operate fully.

for example if school can not operate canteen or does not have enough first aiders on site it may have to close
    Like anything some people make a big effort to get in and others very little.

I don't remember schools closing when I was a kid. 
  • Options
    I worked in a school in bexley that had teachers that didn’t drive and used to get train to work. They come from Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Clapham, Essex’s 

how would you expect them to get to work today ?

• Options
    SE9toDA2 said:
    I worked in a school in bexley that had teachers that didn’t drive and used to get train to work. They come from Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Clapham, Essex’s 

Some genuinely can't get in and some don't make a big effort. That's just human nature.

It's hardly a contentious thing to say - interpret it how you want.

• Options
    SE9toDA2 said:

Sick of this attitude. Some can make it in, so at least teach/supervise in the hall so far as possible.

Teachers according to the 1988 Education Act lose their 5 inset days every time there are school closures. It never happens. 195 days working, alright for some. 
  • Options
    You're entitled to your opinion, as am I. My son's school is the only school in gravesend that's closed today. Everywhere else is open, so i think they've tossed it off 
  • Options
    I was just trying to make people aware that there are many reasons why a school may not be able to open or fully open.

much like most business today staff travel large distances and don’t just live around the corner. Also h & s, staff to child ratios and other legal reasons.

The school I used to work for was closed yesterday but teachers provided lessons remotely so still had to work. They still would have planned those lesson over the weekend to deliver on Monday.

• Options
    They’re not Golfie’s white trainers from when the red smoke bomb went off at Bristol City, are they? 
    Fulham.
  • Options
    SE9toDA2 said:
    I was just trying to make people aware that there are many reasons why a school may not be able to open or fully open.

much like most business today staff travel large distances and don’t just live around the corner. Also h & s, staff to child ratios and other legal reasons.

The school I used to work for was closed yesterday but teachers provided lessons remotely so still had to work. They still would have planned those lesson over the weekend to deliver on Monday.

I think most people can work this out. It's not a great option to deliver lessons remotely.