Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    I was a bit worried about the journey from Bournemouth yesterday but it was pretty easy.
  • Options
    The pavements and road edges in Welling/Bexleyheath and Crayford are absolutely dire. I don't think I've seen any grit anywhere? Is this the "new norm"?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    The pavements and road edges in Welling/Bexleyheath and Crayford are absolutely dire. I don't think I've seen any grit anywhere? Is this the "new norm"?
    the only salt/grit I've seen is from people doing it themselves
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    the only salt/grit I've seen is from people doing it themselves
    If everyone cleared the snow in front of their own house the pavements would be a lot better. 
  • Options
    People around my town did clear the snow the first day, but most of them being idiots that only did so to post on social media and didn't put any salt down. The next day the footpaths were far more lethal.
  • Options
    Lots of snow fell here in E Sussex & is still on the ground....

But bin collections were made on the normal days as far as I know. 
  • Options
    Without getting political, from what I hear from various people schools are under so much budgetary pressure at the moment it’s crazy, and are largely operating bare minimum staffing levels through necessity. When it’s like that it really doesn’t take much to make things unviable. 

It all has a knock on effect, many teachers and TAs are parents themselves so if one school closes it can have multiple knock on impacts. One of my son’s schools closed yesterday at 8.10, I assume because they just couldn’t get enough staff on-site. My son was halfway to school on his transport at the time. It was luck I was working from home yesterday and could react and support, other parents might not have had that flexibility. 

Personally, as soon as snow settles I’d give them all the day off and let the kids have fun. Get out and go sledging, throw some snowballs etc. it’s rare we get snow so let them enjoy it!
    AFKA for local councillor!

I make you right though, how often do we get heavy snow? Maybe a couple of days every 2-3 years? It's not really a major issue if kids don't go in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BBC website right now saying for my area a bit of light rain. Looks outside. yep, Its snowing ffs! as it has been since early this morning. 
  • Options
    Snow overnight - settled on cars & pavements but roads clear. Been raining since 11am & almost all the snow has now melted. 

Due to snow again later (5pm onwards) but I think it will be rain.....or wont settle as everything is now wet. 

Lasted a few hours & not enough to worry about. That's SE London/N Kent for you.
  • Options
    Had a bit of snow when I woke up this morning in Strood...

Been drizzling today, meaning that all the snow has been washed away, it was already slush when doing the school run. Had to run down to Maidstone earlier, and didnt look like there was anything, but coming back up Bluebell Hill you could see the white fields in the distance.
  • Options
    Snowed early this morning clearing now
     here in SE7
  • Options
    Alright, I'll give the BBC the benefit, turns out it's localised to my area only (typical). Just drove 20 mins down to tonbridge and its clearing. Just drizzling round here. 
  • Options
    Some snow overnight in North London, then more snow around lunchtime. A very thin layer of snow still on my car
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Bloody miserable and wet here in New Forest..no snow at all...never does snow here!!

• Options
    Not a flake in West Yorkshire 
  • Options
    Bet there is (-:
  • Options
    edited March 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some sleet here now. Very wet though. Artic blast my arse. We’ve become a bunch of wimps.
  • Options
    Snowing steadily here in the Cotswolds.
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Bet there is (-:
    2 and a half hours late but the joke is still there. Nice. 
    Just got home from work mate, so indeed nice.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    Willing to bet none of you have as many redwings on the tree outside your window as I do right now 

What are you trying to do....melt the soles off ??
    Rate my plates is back!
  • Options
    No snow in Broadstairs. So often misses our little corner of Kent. However I have a 2 day golf trip to Dale Hill tomorrow. Gonna be a mud bath 😩
  • Options
    No snow in Singapore 
  • Options
    Snowing here in Leicestershire, it needs to sod off as soon as possible, but think its here for the day and overnight!
  • Options
    Snowing in Cheshire.
  • Options
    Fair bit up here in the Wilds of West Worcestershire