Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkies Bradford on Sky Tonight

Comments

• Options
    Wenger Out?
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Parky shouldn't have been appointed to replace Pardew, he was too tainted by association, and his efforts at keeping us up were poor.

But, he did a pretty good job in his first season in L1, and brought in some decent players, such as Burton and Richardson. Unfortunately, we'd lost too many good players in his second season (Bailey, Shelvey, Richardson) and brought in dross, not helped by the terrible finances. The big question is whether Parky would have done such a good job in the summer of 2011 with the budget and clean slate Powell had, I suspect not, but that we might still have got promoted...

Im sorry but I totally disagree, we should have gone up with that team.
    Should have gone up? With an ageing and patched-together Deon Burton as our sole striker for most of the season?

Millwall had Morison, Norwich had Holt, Leeds had Beckford....we had Burton, Mooney, Forster and Sodje. There's your answer right there.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Has every club in the four divisions bar us made a semi final since the war lol
  • Options
    Well done Parky.
  • Options
    Its done to death and we had two years of it then thats why tbe 2nd post should have failed

Forget him forget the period of time it was divicive then let alone now

• Options
    Well done Parky and the Bantams.
  • Options
    Frimpong getting a bit of stick on twitter

quote:

@Frimpong26AFC: Leaveit” I detest you more than that club itself. You deplorable human being

@Frimpong26AFC A footballer? No ... forget that - you'd never pull it off ... #Bench
  • Options
    Liked Parky.
    Got good results with average players.
    Commentators saying Bradford on their last legs - they really don't watch the lower leagues do they?
    If they did they would know that this does not happen now. They were comfortable considering they were facinig Arsenal! It was not about fitness, it was about ability and skill. Arsnil had the skill but lacked the desire.
    No one can say that our Charlton side were not fit enough under Parky and it was one of our few strenghts. In fact, not many sides in any football league side are unfit, just a few "getting more mature" players that may lack pace.
  • Options
    Always said he was a top manger............. Well done Mr Parkinson, take a bow.
  • Options
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another trophy gone for Arsenal. Well done Bradford. Well done Parky. Top Fella.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Bradford are the new wycombe

Does that make wenger the new reed

They are going to get pelters tomorrow its quite an astonishing result when you think about it in a football sense

Arsenal wont win the league or the league cup they more than likely wont win the champions league meaning for wenger to survive the next season before the fans wholesale turn on him they must win the fa cup
  • Options
    Blimey, that's some miss!!
  • Options
    Why did he not go with the other foot a shocking miss by a shocking signing
  • Options
    Oh deary me
  • Options
    At least he wasn't offside, Uncle.

;o)
  • Options
    JT said:

Frimpong getting a bit of stick on twitter

quote:

@Frimpong26AFC: Leaveit” I detest you more than that club itself. You deplorable human being

@Frimpong26AFC A footballer? No ... forget that - you'd never pull it off ... #Bench

What's that in relation to?

• Options

Bradford are the new wycombe
    Arsenal wont win the league or the league cup they more than likely wont win the champions league meaning for wenger to survive the next season before the fans wholesale turn on him they must win the fa cup

Wenger (& Ferguson) sell top players for big money and still finish top 4 year in year out - what's not to like?

• Options
    Fergie wins stuff rhis could be be the 8th season with no trophy the highest season ticket prices the man is in trouble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Off_it said:

I bet Goonerhater is well gutted.

I dunno about that. Don't think Parky is on the "burn" list is he? GH is probably suffering from a mild touch of cognitive dissonance at worst. I think a more interesting scenario would be to put him in front of a match between a team of Arsenal supporters and one of Guardian staffers (without access to any flammable liquids or ignitions sources obviously).

• Options
    Blaaady ell! Well in Bradford. Have a soft spot for em because of their tradegy. Good to see them in a semi final. Will be cheering them on.
  • Options
    The interview on sky with wenger is great trying to shrug it off as no big deal or embaressing loss just a loss against a team that defended well

Not we had 35 shots and scored 1 goal i need to release chamack and gervinho etc
  • Options
    Often with these so called shocking misses you can find a least a glimmer of extenuating circumstance - like the striker being a little bit off balance or over reaching etc but I cannot find any reason for Gervinho to miss that. He even has time to adjust his feet so he's in the perfect position. Even if he'd fallen on his arse the ball should have just hit him and gone in.
  • Options
    Parky had francis, doherty in defence for us with deon burton up top and still got us in decentg positions in the league. Good manager
  • Options
    Well done parky
    Could he had masterminded a similar win against spurs for us had he not been axed?
    After watching lastnight maybee?
  • Options

Often with these so called shocking misses you can find a least a glimmer of extenuating circumstance - like the striker being a little bit off balance or over reaching etc but I cannot find any reason for Gervinho to miss that. He even has time to adjust his feet so he's in the perfect position. Even if he'd fallen on his arse the ball should have just hit him and gone in.

Gervinho was a disgrace last night, even by his standards. I'm wondering if, pound for pound, he's Wengers worst signing ?
  • Options

Well done parky
    Could he had masterminded a similar win against spurs for us had he not been axed?
    After watching lastnight maybee?

Unlikely.

I remember the utter humiliations v northwich victoria, shrewsbury and worst of all millwall.

Lovely bloke and pleased for him for last night but I cannot equate him to Jimmy Seed the second in any way in terms of scuccessful football management at Charlton and I think we would still be in the third division with him if not lower (know that is speculation but only providing a modicum of balance to those stating that if he had received CP's money (on top of one of the highest wage budgets in the league as he enjoyed) we would be pushing for a Champion's League place by now).

Would like him to go on and win the cup though and do like the man.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Gervinho was a disgrace last night, even by his standards. I'm wondering if, pound for pound, he's Wengers worst signing ?
    Chamackh would struggle getting into my Sunday league team. Him and gervinho are utter pony
  • Options
    Well done Parky
    But I won't forget he was the manager that led us in the most uninspiring pathetic attempt ever to stay in the Championship ...28 games, with him in charge, of shit saw us relegated by a country mile ....and he had already worked with those players, his record that season was worse than Pardews ...the decision to place Parky in charge after his caretakers reign was up there with Murrays dowie(and his enforced coaching staff) and reed decisions ....ridiculous
    Parky then picked his game up and done a decent enough job in the league for the season and a half that followed(not forgetting the humiliations at northwich and scum) and was imo unlucky to have lost the job when he did but there again he shouldn't have got it in the first place !
    And I doff my cap, to the much maligned board, who had the ballls to gamble by bringing in SCP , did Peter Varney point them in his direction ??

As for Arsenal aren't they a rare species of football club that doesn't run with huge losses and mounting debts? They try to play football the right way .... Used to hate Arsenal as a kid but not so much now , so what they haven't won anything recently, does that mean they're newer fans are real supporters and not glory boys ..... New ground for a few and they sold out 4.5k up there , fairplay