Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkies Bradford on Sky Tonight

124»

Comments

• Options
    Well done parky. Only got to manage us because he was the cheapest option. A lot of fans blame and dislike him because he was part of the previous regime. None of that was his fault. He did have enough games to save us from relegation and failed. After that he did a good job and I would have liked to see what he could have done with some money. Overall I guess he failed because he left us a division lower than when he started.

As for giving the board credit for appointing powell, I wonder, if at the time that was almost entirely a pr move.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Often with these so called shocking misses you can find a least a glimmer of extenuating circumstance - like the striker being a little bit off balance or over reaching etc but I cannot find any reason for Gervinho to miss that. He even has time to adjust his feet so he's in the perfect position. Even if he'd fallen on his arse the ball should have just hit him and gone in.

Gervinho was a disgrace last night, even by his standards. I'm wondering if, pound for pound, he's Wengers worst signing ?
    Chamackh would struggle getting into my Sunday league team. Him and gervinho are utter pony
    But Chamakh was free and had some ok performances when he first came in so still I'd say in terms of rerun on investment Gervinho (£12m) is way worse.
  • Options
    Kav v Parky on Saturday. Promotion 6 pointer.

Not going to re-hash the same old debates pro or anti Parky. Just as Powell is not an infaliable God PP isn't a clueless idiot or the world's worst manager. Both are also very decent human beings which may not impact on if they are good managers or not but good guys is what they are.

IMHO PP is doing what CP is doing. Building his own team and slowly turning around a big club that had been in a tail spin long before they arrived.

Good luck to them both.
  • Options
    Parky had Jenkinson and Solly and still bought Francis! Loaned Jenks to Eastbourne and 18 months later he played for England. Bad bad call on his part. However he still got us to the playoffs and was 5th when sacked, so he must have something about him.

Also a nice feller. Was a total gent to me even though I was v pished and talking complete bollo. Very pleased for him and Bradford. My second team is whoever's playing Arsenal too.
  • Options
    As others have said lets move on from the Parky debate.

At another time in different circumstances he could have been a very good manager for us.

History has shown it was the right decision to sack him and appoint SCP.
  • Options
    Exactly richard done to death some liked him and his mgmt others didnt

All wish him well as he was not a bad man
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Parky had francis, doherty in defence for us with deon burton up top and still got us in decentg positions in the league. Good manager

He signed all of them.

• Options
    I have seen the error of my ways, Parky IN.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Often with these so called shocking misses you can find a least a glimmer of extenuating circumstance - like the striker being a little bit off balance or over reaching etc but I cannot find any reason for Gervinho to miss that. He even has time to adjust his feet so he's in the perfect position. Even if he'd fallen on his arse the ball should have just hit him and gone in.

Gervinho was a disgrace last night, even by his standards. I'm wondering if, pound for pound, he's Wengers worst signing ?
    Chamackh would struggle getting into my Sunday league team. Him and gervinho are utter pony
    But Chamakh was free and had some ok performances when he first came in so still I'd say in terms of rerun on investment Gervinho (£12m) is way worse.
    Didn't realise Chamackh was free but still, he wouldn't get in my Sunday league team.
  • Options

Its done to death and we had two years of it then thats why tbe 2nd post should have failed

Forget him forget the period of time it was divicive then let alone now

Well said [ I think ] !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    don't get me started on Parky !!

However, he was a decent enough bloke and I'm pleased for him for last nights result.
  • Options
    Great result for Parky and Bradford.
    Really pleased for Parky and Bradford. He comes across as a top bloke.
  • Options

Kav v Parky on Saturday. Promotion 6 pointer.

Not going to re-hash the same old debates pro or anti Parky. Just as Powell is not an infaliable God PP isn't a clueless idiot or the world's worst manager. Both are also very decent human beings which may not impact on if they are good managers or not but good guys is what they are.

IMHO PP is doing what CP is doing. Building his own team and slowly turning around a big club that had been in a tail spin long before they arrived.

Good luck to them both.

well said
  • Options
    good luck to Parky in the semi. He has put a good squad together
  • Options
    Anyone that took a paycut for the good of the team is alright in my book.

Shame he just reflected what we were at the time, utter shite.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Anyone that took a paycut for the good of the team is alright in my book.

Shame he just reflected what we were at the time, utter shite.

exactly or THIS !!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What's with all this Parky love in sh*te? Repeat this after me............ 'The King is dead'.............'Long live the King'!
  • Options
    tis the season to be jolly
  • Options
    Congrats to Parky. Great result
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I dont know why we have to reap over old arguments.

Cant we just be pleased for him. I am.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As am I B

i was really glad that he and his team humbled Arsenal sometimes people and clubs dont fit sometimes they do hopfully he will achieve great things with Bradford they are a decent football club that has had some real tough times

I just hate the fact that people cant have differing opinions without the need to be proven right or wrong
  • Options

dizzee said:

Parky had francis, doherty in defence for us with deon burton up top and still got us in decentg positions in the league. Good manager

He signed all of them.

To be fair, Burton was decent at what he did, but we needed a goalscorer to partner him. We'd have almost certainly been promoted automatically if we'd had a 15 to 20 goal man next to Burton but the budget didn't stretch to keeping the likes of Bailey from the Championship season and signing a League 1 goalscorer. Maybe Parky made the wrong choice on how to spend his money. I would still maintain he got most of what there was to get out of the squad he had at his disposal.

Francis did well at Southend and is doing pretty well at Bournemouth. It's a bit of a mystery as to why he was poor for us (although I never found him as terrible as some did). One possible explanaition is of course Parky's managmenet of him, but we'll never know if that was the issue or it was something else.

Most people on here thought Doc was a good signing, but we got him a year too late. He was Parky's signing but any discussion you have about the merits of his transfers has to include a concession that he had very little money to work with. We'll never know how well he would have spent a larger sum of money.

He got stuff wrong at Charlton, no doubt about it, but he wasn't an outright disaster either. He certainly wasn't solely responsible for the club Powell inherited. There are other positive things to say about him than 'he was a nice bloke'.
  • Options

don't get me started on Parky !!

However, he was a decent enough bloke and I'm pleased for him for last nights result.

LOL I did wonder where you were.