Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coventry City hold talks with Hinckley over stadium move

13»

Comments

• Options
    The present stadium is a scaled down version of the original proposed. There were plans that included a retractable pitch amonst other bits.
  • Options
    Just looking at pictures of Highfield Road it wasn't that bad. Certainly not comprable to Southampton, which was lacking in capacity, facilities and sooner or later would have been lacking a safety certificate I'm sure.

The home end at Highfield Road was built in 1993, the main stand is newer than that. That leaves 2 sides needing redevelopment, neither of which were terrible stands. I guess first priority would have been to do the stand opposite the main stand, adding conferencing and boxes. Leave the away end to last (like we've done).

They could have increased capacity and improved facilities and revenue for a fraction of the cost of the new move, still owning their own ground and most likely not been in the situation they are now.
  • Options
    No and I don't want too met enough in my visits there

Met enough when I worked in the city

Scum bag club scum bag city scumbag fans

Can't wait to read its gone
  • Options
    over 9,000 at the Ricoh tonight for a top of the table game v Tranmere .. a move to Hinckley would be economic suicide
  • Options

over 9,000 at the Ricoh tonight for a top of the table game v Tranmere .. a move to Hinckley would be economic suicide

It's a no-win situation, as staying at the Ricoh would be economic suicide too.

• Options
    Simon E said:

It's a no-win situation, as staying at the Ricoh would be economic suicide too.

I suppose so if the club can't afford the rent. I just can't see it happening though. It's almost certainly an example of another club crying 'wolf' when in fact the wolf has eaten all the lambs and is long gone