Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which chef do you copy for Xmas dinner

2»

Comments

• Options
    NLA can u recommend a ham recipe , never eaten ham even when I ate meat so a little out of my depth.
  • Options
    I will find the link on line and post it buddy
  • Options
    http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/3261/aromatic-christmas-ham

I cant do this linky stuff but if you copy and paste that into google it will take you to it

if not then just type in

Nigella lawson aromatic christmas ham,

we do the glaze with the Redcurrant jelly and it is just fantatsic

I didnt think there was anything that could Top Jamies Turkey with his flavoured butter but i found that this Ham is just amazing and we struggle to only make it once a year as it is so nice but if i made it any other time than Xmas then it would lose its appeal

we dont buy a joint with the knuckle in as i hate carving meat like that we have used a smoked ham and a non and TBH the smoked ham joint with this is better IMO than a non but the mrs liked the non smoked more so we just take turns in what one is ordered this year Its smoked so i am very happy , but in our opinion either one is just superb

The next day with Bubble and chips it is a winner and the ham sandwiches for days after are just the nutts

bought a 9lb ham this year
  • Options
    Mrs got our ham and a leg of lamb from Makro the other day, will have to check the weights she got.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed this thread, and feel inspired to suggest to my gang back home that we add a ham. Never done it before. Would love to do a beef rib joint too, haven't had roast beef English style for years, but would run into the same problem of red vs ruined.

Nobody bothers with any venison then? Since I have been out here I have really got into it.
  • Options
    Found a reciepe for Pine Nut and Sun dried tomato Stuffing Roast Beef

going to do that this year
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I do ham with marmalade and cloves. When the ham is cooked, cut off the hard skin bit leave the soft fat there. Score it into diamond shapes but make sure you dont go through all the way, then smear it liberally with marmalade and cook it or better still grill it for another half an hour until black. Beautiful. Serve on boxing day hot with cold Turkey and mash or chips,crusty bread and pickles.
  • Options
    For those who are worried about beef being red or burnt buy a decent sized cut and cook, uncovered, at a much higher heat and less time than suggested. Use a thermometer to check the middle of the joint is cooked to 'rare' and you should find the outide is burnt. Works very well with rib. Everyones happy.
  • Options

Really enjoyed this thread, and feel inspired to suggest to my gang back home that we add a ham. Never done it before. Would love to do a beef rib joint too, haven't had roast beef English style for years, but would run into the same problem of red vs ruined.

Nobody bothers with any venison then? Since I have been out here I have really got into it.

having everyone over to ours boxing day after spending christmas day at my mums, have ordered a huge game platter for everyone to get stuck into.
  • Options
    Love Venison but its a bit too deer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had Matt Preston's Black Banana Ice Cream. Nothing could be simpler and it's very good.

http://www.masterchef.com.au/recipes/black-banana-ice-cream.htm
  • Options
    Nigella for stuffing...................... :-D
  • Options
    Typhoid Mary.