Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

Comments

• Options
    bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20781804

Interesting interview with Samba about the Zenit fans.
  • Options

What a strange thing to say Garry and with no substance whatsoever.

Seems I can't point out that some people are happy to excuse racist and homephobic abuse much closer to home without you and KentAddick having a personal dig at me.

As I said if the cap fits

Usually you're a good poster, but this makes you come accross as barking mad. You're the one that started the digging, I was simply stating that it's not healthy digging out other members. I think an open letter from a supporters group demanding the club get rid of their own players simply because of the colour of their skin is a lot worse than chanting "does your boyfriend know you're here" at opposition supporters.
  • Options
    Interesting article here guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/dec/19/zenit-st-petersburg-open-letter

The thrust is that while there is problems with the Landscrona statement, at it's core is a desire to see less cheating, more local players and less high paid mercenary footballers.
  • Options
    Bloody Guardianistas
  • Options
    Out of interest, how often do you read the Guardian?
  • Options
    Algarve, who are you addressing?
  • Options
    Goonerhater
  • Options

Interesting article here guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/dec/19/zenit-st-petersburg-open-letter

The thrust is that while there is problems with the Landscrona statement, at it's core is a desire to see less cheating, more local players and less high paid mercenary footballers.

Something that we would all want...less cheating, more local players and less high paid mercenary footballers.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

You sir.

• Options
    Those sneaky Guardian writers using all there underhand tricks like proper journalism and a full view of everything involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Those sneaky Guardian writers using all there underhand tricks like proper journalism and a full view of everything involved.

Too right, just who do they think they are? They'll get their comeuppance though, behaving like proper journos means that they will never be able to work for the Beeb.
  • Options

I beg to differ - it becomes more like a mirror image of the Daily Mail every day...selective reporting, playing to the gallery. Still, sometimes, just like the DM, it's unintentional comedy gold!

As for Zenit. Who the f**k would want to go and play there anyway? If you were a footballer, surely the place is that backward that you'd rather play for Millwall?
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

You sir.

Used to read the Guardian and the Times. Don't buy papers anymore. My comment was just a bit of a joke, admittedly not very funny but wasn't meant as serious by any means. Think I need that smiley winky feature the clique have.
  • Options
    Recently back from Moscow as I was travelling with some disabled colleagues it was interesting the responses of everyday folk on the metro. Generally all the stares and tuts came from older generation moscovites, there was hardly any black or ethnic minority people, and disabled access was completely lacking. Having said that there are people working for change in Moscow but its going to take a long long time. It did make me realise all the great things about London including such a multi ethnic population.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

You sir.

Used to read the Guardian and the Times. Don't buy papers anymore. My comment was just a bit of a joke, admittedly not very funny but wasn't meant as serious by any means. Think I need that smiley winky feature the clique have.
    Fair enough old chap.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The smiley is for all, not just for the clique. I use it all the time pal ; )
  • Options
    Dont give them the publicity they crave, ignore them and they will shrivel and die.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Dont give them the publicity they crave, ignore them and they will shrivel and die.

The Zenit St Petersburg fans?
  • Options

DA9 said:

I would say the fans group that wrote the open letter.......
  • Options
    Liverpool drawn against them in the Europa League

Battle of the racists
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

You're in the clique, you just don't know it yet!!
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

You're in the clique, you just don't know it yet!!
    Haha righto!
  • Options

Liverpool drawn against them in the Europa League

Battle of the racists

Very good.
  • Options

It's political correctness gone mad.

political incorrectness gone mad Shirley?
  • Options

DA9 said:

Yep
  • Options
    DA9 - Ok, I thought you were just very upset with the Clique......
  • Options

Theres a clique?

And why arent I in it?

• Options
    DA9 said:

Theres a clique?

And why arent I in it?

I am apparently.....
  • Options
    Thats the dark Side clique we are in
  • Options
    We're the dark side,
    We're the dark side,
    We're the dark side of the Clique!