Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Favourite Charlton Draw

Well, we have a thread for favourite loss so we might as well have one for draws as well.

I will start it off with Man City away at Maine Road in 97-98 season. Brilliant battling performance from Charlton who had to put Steve Brown in goal after only about 6 minutes I think. The City fans thought they were going to thrash us but Brownie was a rock and played brilliantly and made some cracking saves.

We came back twice with 2 goals from sub Steve Jones, the first a vicious, swerving effort from 25 yards that left their keeper for dead and the second a superb injury time header from a Mark Bright pinpoint cross after a slip from their defender let us in.

We had good support up there that night and can remember us going absolutely mental when we scored our goals. The second equaliser was only a couple of minutes after they scored and they thought they had won the game.

Always loved going to Maine Road and this one will always stand out for me!

Comments

• Options
    Got to be Man United 3-3, Robinson in the last minute. What a celebration!
  • Options
    3-3 against Man Utd at The Valley.

We fully deserved a win, but Johnny Robinson getting the equaliser late on was marvellous.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    That was a cracking game, forgot about it to be honest. Has to be up there at the top! Also forgot the 3.3 at Liverpool which was a brilliant performance from us as well.
  • Options
    Not sure of the year, 95ish. Midweek game at St James Park, Newcastle's promotion season under Keegan. Battling 2-2 draw, Nelson and Leaburn scoring for us. Top atmosphere.
  • Options
    I'm expecting a few to mention the 2-2 against Swindon a couple of years ago.
    2 men sent off, and Miguel Llera scoring the most ridiculous of equalisers in the last minute.
    (Last-minute equalisers are the key to a good draw. Unless you're conceding them - for example, our 3-3 agains Aston Villa at The Valley around 10 years ago).
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Loads and loads of favourites.
    Agree with the ManU 3-3, and the 9 man Swindon, and I will throw into the mix Jorge Costas last game 0-0 at Old Trafford.
  • Options
    After the Man Utd 3-3, the 4-4 v West Ham must be worth a shout?
  • Options

After the Man Utd 3-3, the 4-4 v West Ham must be worth a shout?

Cannot believe that hadn't crossed my mind! LOVED that match!
  • Options
    Swindon on boxing day a few years back.
    Last minute Llera lob.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the 1-1 with Liverpool in the League Cup (David Whyte) and a 2-2 at Nottingham Forest under Lennie Lawrence (Andy Jones headed a great equaliser near the end)....oh and the 2-2 at Blackburn when Leaburn headed in a late equaliser.....that felt like a win because he hadn't scored for ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-4 with West Ham was another good one. Was anyone on here at the 6-6 with Boro?
  • Options
    2-2 at highbury. evening game in the late 80s.
    also the 4-4 at ipswich early 90's?
  • Options
    Come on you lot, there are only two

CA 2 Palace 2. Jon Fortune

CA 4 Sunderland 4
  • Options

Come on you lot, there are only two

CA 2 Palace 2. Jon Fortune

CA 4 Sunderland 4

This
  • Options

2-2 at highbury. evening game in the late 80s.
    also the 4-4 at ipswich early 90's?

Agreed! This one's hard to beat.

• Options
    Too many.

4-4 with west ham
    3-3 with united
    2-2 with Swindon

I loved the 2-2 night game with Newcastle with pringle scoring. Think we had a chance just before his equaliser which crossed the line and wasn't given.
  • Options
    4-4 with west ham.

JJ'S overhead kick :o
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    1 - 1 against Wolves at home. Last game of the 1995/1996. That point got us into the play offs and Millwall were relegated at the same time.
  • Options
    according to mourinho the cup game at chelsea.
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers 5 Charlton 5. We were 3-5 up and let it slip. My car wouldn't start after the game and we came back with the team on their coach all the way to the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wolves at home, early 80s. They needed a win to go up, I think. We were 0-3 down and came back to draw 3-3.
  • Options

Swindon on boxing day a few years back.
    Last minute Llera lob.

THIS.

• Options
    4-4
  • Options
    nothing trumps 1998 play-off final
  • Options
    I don't count Sunderland as a draw......we won... On penalties.. but we win same with Chelsea...

One of my favourite draws was 1997 at home to Norwich... 4-2 down in injury time.. leaburn and Jason Lee scored to make it 4-4
  • Options
    So many, 4 4 against Norwich, leaburn and Jason Lee with late goals, 3 3 at notts county, Gary nelson with 2 in the last 7 minutes
  • Options

One of my favourite draws was 1997 at home to Norwich... 4-2 down in injury time.. leaburn and Jason Lee scored to make it 4-4

This
  • Options

3-3 against Man Utd at The Valley.

We fully deserved a win, but Johnny Robinson getting the equaliser late on was marvellous.

This...

But back in the day there were some frustrating draws at Bristol Rovers (5-5) and Burnley (4-4) where we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory :o(
  • Options
    2-2 Swindon
    9 men and a jaw dropping Llera goal
  • Options
    1-1 at Chelsea to stay up