Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Favourite Charlton Draw

Comments

• Options

3-3 against Man Utd at The Valley.

We fully deserved a win, but Johnny Robinson getting the equaliser late on was marvellous.

... and Burnley (4-4) where we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory :o(
    ... and almost lost !
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

We fully deserved a win, but Johnny Robinson getting the equaliser late on was marvellous.

... and almost lost !
    What was it. 4-1 up with 20 mins to play...Those were the days
  • Options

stonemuse said:

... and almost lost !
    What was it. 4-1 up with 20 mins to play...Those were the days
    yup ... and they were so close to getting a 5th
  • Options
    3-3 at Anfield this games was also used on Dreamteam
  • Options
    1-1 at the valley vs arsenal (the invincibles)

Not a big shout but we were the better team, they were lucky to get a draw at our place in their best ever season.
  • Options

So many, 4 4 against Norwich, leaburn and Jason Lee with late goals, 3 3 at notts county, Gary nelson with 2 in the last 7 minutes

Only saw one of our goal for the Norwich game, not my finest Charlton moments. Was already in the Oak when the result came in.
  • Options
    1-1 away to Spurs in the FA cup in 85. Possibly my fav ever away game.
  • Options
    2-2 at home to Palace worked out pretty well.

Goalless draw at home to United in the mid 80s when they missed a penalty.... Possibly a similar result against Liverpool as well..an early Bolder game I think. Meant a lot to me as they were our best results against the big guns!

West Ham 4-4 had a bit of everything, hat ricks, Defoe, JJ special...the atmosphere for the Newcastle draw after a losing streak... Nothing trumps 3-3 with United though.
  • Options
    Ipswich away 4-4 with a peake rocket
  • Options
    The 'draw' against Chelsea in the League Cup.

Although by Mourinho's logic the play off final counts as a draw too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1-1 at Chelsea to stay up

Good shout! Quality day that was!

• Options
    The 4-4 draw with Norwich was excellent. One of the first times i'd been in the North Stand, block C it was behind the goal. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Easy. The Battle of Stamford Bridge.
  • Options

Easy. The Battle of Stamford Bridge.

Good call. I think I would agree on that.
  • Options
    5-5 away at Bristol Rovers. Legendary for manager Andy Nelson allegedly blaming defender Big Dave Shipperly for all 5 of their goals
  • Options
    3-3 is the stand out memory for me against Man Utd.
  • Options
    Hereford 2 Charlton 2
  • Options
    1-1 Chelsea when we won on penalties will stay in my heart. One of my first away games...
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

5-5 away at Bristol Rovers. Legendary for manager Andy Nelson allegedly blaming defender Big Dave Shipperly for all 5 of their goals

I was at that one, I felt gutted. We should have won it at a canter.
    4-4 away at Ipswich is my all time fav. We fought back to earn that point.
    I think Tommy Catton scored that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-0 away agaisnt boro live on sky. Neither team had a shot on target.

One of my favs was against wimbledon in the league cup. Went it to extra and ended up 3-3 think John Robinson got the 3rd that day aswell.

Also the 4-4 v Norwich in the early 90s.
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

Ipswich game, 2 up, 4-2 down and could have nicked it.
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

Yep, TC got a last minute pen to make it 4-4. A great game with us 2-0 down before a Peakie rocket and a Morts strike which made him so delighted he tried to get into the terracing but the stewards closed the gate on him to leave him half in and half out. We then went 4-2 down before Alex Dyer made it 4-3 before Caton's equaliser. I recall Minto making a break through the centre right at the death but he stumbled and the chance was lost. Great game though!

Also the 2-2 at Highbury in '89 with Morts wonder strike in front of the North Bank and Steve Mackenzie's leveller. Macker also got a vital equaliser in battling 1-1 at Goodison Park in '88, Everton taking the lead through Sheedy with five mins left but Steve scored from the edge of the box to grab a vital point.

• Options
    How about the 2-2 v newcastle in 98/99? Ending a massive losing run. Martin tyler - pringlllleeee its 2-2!!! Justice has been done at the valley!
  • Options
    One of my favourites was 2-2 at Southend, when kelvin Morton refed. Think we had two players sent off, they had 1 or two sent off, loads of penalties and leaburn scored with a towering header.
  • Options
    5-5 draw at Bristol Rovers in 1978, game had everything, they had won all their 7 home games we had a great away record, and the game was 5-5 after 68mins, we were 4-2 and 5-3 up, remember the police saying what a great bunch of fans we were.

Other memorable games is the 0-0 draw at leyton orient in the late 70's we needed a draw to definately stay up and i remember Peter Kitchen missing a sitter in the last minute of injury time (which the ref played about 8 mins).
  • Options
    One I haven't seen mentioned was the nil nil up at Newcastle 2nd game in the premiership when Rufus got sent off early on. Certainly showed a lot of spirit that day.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Oct 1960 v Middlesbrough 6-6 hat tricks by Brian Clough & Daisy Edwards and an 89th min equaliser by the late great Johnny Summers.
  • Options
    0-0 at Old Trafford. Bob Bolder had one of the best ever games by a Charlton goalie. About 8 magnificent saves...mainly from Bryan Robson. We barely crossed the half-way line.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

0-0 at Old Trafford. Bob Bolder had one of the best ever games by a Charlton goalie. About 8 magnificent saves...mainly from Bryan Robson. We barely crossed the half-way line.

that point blank header from a few yards out, at our end, where robbo wheeled away with arms raising up in anticipation of a goal before big Bob clawed it back out
    Jan 1st 1988 ...... 25 years ago .....
    now who feels old
    i do !