Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Clarke sent to Coventry

edited December 2012 in General Charlton
Text from Club confirms he has started training with a view to a move on Jan 1st!! Wish him all the best. Showed he could score goals at L1, but for whatever reason it didn't work out with us.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20121224-clarke-set-for-switch-558733.aspx

Comments

• Options
    The 1st of a few outgoings I suspect. GL Clarkey!
  • Options
    Never happened for whatever reason. Hope we get a fee. Frees up some wages as well.

As Jamie says could be the first of many in Jan.
  • Options
    I suspect you're both right. We have a big squad, but lack quality outside a small main group. Jan's never a great time to do business, but if we are acting quickly in moving some out, hopefully any that we do pick up can be early in the window as well.
  • Options

Never happened for whatever reason. Hope we get a fee. Frees up some wages as well.

As Jamie says could be the first of many in Jan.

Well the OS says it's a potential loan deal. Aren't Coventry in serious financial trouble anyway, so not in a position to pay much of a fee anyway?
  • Options
    Doubt we will get a fee from Cov as they cant even pay their rent!! Shame all those goals at Scunny may have put us in a good bargaining position to up any potential fee
  • Options

Doubt we will get a fee from Cov as they cant even pay their rent!! Shame all those goals at Scunny may have put us in a good bargaining position to up any potential fee

Just get him and his wages off the books to free up some cash for a decent left winger.
  • Options
    Aah, will miss him. Who is he again??
  • Options
    First one to move on.
  • Options
    Im guessing there is no fee, it is more a case of them taking over his contract from us, so we no longer have to pay his wage, good luck to him.
  • Options
    It's a bit worrying that no-one seems prepared to take him on permanently despite all the goals for Scunny. Anyone know when his contract runs out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope he carries on with his scoring spree as I've had a couple of quid on Coven Tree for promotion
  • Options

I hope he carries on with his scoring spree as I've had a couple of quid on Coven Tree for promotion

Coven Tree ...is that a wood full of witches? ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    An interesting question .. I am sure the name is derived from the location of a tree 'sacred' to witches and warlocks. Coventry is about as far anywhere in England as you can get from the sea .. I am sure this is historically and geographically significant .. also remember Lady Godiva and her pagan ways .. lovely !!
  • Options
    I feel sorry for him no one deserves to play for that shit god for saken no hope no good two bit shit hole excuse of a city football club not even Clarke

• Options
    He's been banging them in, hasn't he? 11 goals for Scunny. If he does the same at Coventry he'll end up as one of the division's top scorers. I think the problem is he's on wages that a lot of cash-strapped clubs can't afford. And in L1 most of them fall into that category.
  • Options
    Must be on huge wages then as goalscorers are hard to come by and, in league 1 at least, he is certainly one of those.
  • Options
    Hope Coventry will be paying all his wages. He is not cheap (from what I have read on here) and they are skint.
  • Options
    they be losing the goalscoring services of Mcgoldrick so probably like for like on the wages front
  • Options
    McGoldrick heading our way, you think?
  • Options
    Brighton I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coventry City fans saying he's signed a two and a half year deal with them.
    http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/24365-Leon-Clarke?p=328031#post328031
  • Options
    Well, that sorts out the issue cleanly.

A win-win situation for Clarke.......and a win-win situation for Charlton.
    Big smiles all round.
  • Options
    Goooaaalllll. On home debut, crowd chanting his name. Blah de blah.
  • Options
    Injury time winner sends Coventry into the JPT northern area final. So glad we're not involved in that competition this season.
  • Options
    I thought he was absolutely shocking for 75mins looking lazy and slow

Then he made a great first touch pass out wide and moved into the box well

Then he won flick on after flick on

he took his goal Superbly well

Got mom some how
  • Options
    Leon Clarke to score first or last @ 5:1 in a winning team.................easiest £25 I made yesterday! I reckon he's gonna score a bucket load of goals like he did @ Scunthorpe (11 in 15 games) so reckon my Skybet free £5 each week will go on him. I urge you to do so too!
  • Options
    Never given a chance at Charlton.
  • Options
    I still remember when he came on away to Wednesday, suddenly had a break away and should of buried it and become a hero, as the love in at that game was great, instead due to what i suspect was lack of confidence he passed to Pritchard(i think) which stalled enough for the keeper to make a good save.

Who know's what could of happened as to me he looks like a confidence striker similar to BWP.

• Options
    He won me quite a few hundred with that goal. Had him and villa anytime goalscorer double.