Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Clarke sent to Coventry

Comments

• Options
    Scored again. Fair play to the lad.
  • Options
    Coventry losing 3-0 at home to crewe in the jpt.

31,000 there!!
  • Options
    Mike said:

Coventry losing 3-0 at home to crewe in the jpt.

31,000 there!!

See, it's not just us who get a big crowd in and f#ck it up.

• Options
    When you only play one striker, you can afford to let a few go.
  • Options
    31,000 is exceptional for The Paint Trophy. Was it free admission or something?
  • Options
    £5 a ticket.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Perhaps the Ricoh has a future as Coventry's ground. 31,000 even at a fiver a go is an excellent turnout. Wouldn't get that number at 'Inckley
  • Options
    For £5 I wonder how many we'd have got for a similar JPT game at The Valley, say against Southend or Orient?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

For £5 I wonder how many we'd have got for a similar JPT game at The Valley, say against Southend or Orient?

If it was an area final we might have got a few I think.

Steve Waggott, Football for a £5, it all makes sense now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to the game last night Coventry were awsome, never seen a side play so well and lose 3-0 totally bizzare. One or two of the Crewe players stood out the online ploayer Brad inman could do a job in the championship as the other midfielder Murphy. The goalkeeper was amazing too but I think he's a bit of a journeyman by all accounts
  • Options

Simonsen said:

If it was an area final we might have got a few I think.

Steve Waggott, Football for a £5, it all makes sense now.

Agreed....15,000 maybe? I'm amazed they got 31,000. Just shows you that at the right price people will go to matches. Perhaps they were doing some sort of offer connected with getting tickets for the final. Can't imagine Crewe took more than 750-1000.
  • Options
    1,472 crewe there
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Went to the game last night Coventry were awsome, never seen a side play so well and lose 3-0 totally bizzare.

Charlton 3 Fulham 0 1982 comes to mind. Fulham slaughtered us and lost (even Terry Bullivant scored to make things worse for them). Ultimately it cost them as they missed out on promotion by one point. This hasn't got a lot to do with Leon Clarke I know but.....
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The PaintPot final stages show that 'smaller' clubs regard it as a prestigious tournament. 'Smaller clubs' generally have few expectations of success in the FA or FL cups and after all, the endgame is at Wembley, someting we haven't managed since MendoncaGate. 31,000 at a blueun a head is a nice income for a night's 'work'. Crewe has always been an exceptionally well run little club and Coventry has crashed from the heights in the last few years. Good luck to them both, but only 1 will make it to the arch

EDIT: To make me wrong Bradford of course have got to Wembley this year. But as Tom Jones sang.. 'It is Unusual'
  • Options
    Hope its cafc not the scum bag ccfc
  • Options
    http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21878663

Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray, Blackpool winger Thomas Ince and Watford striker Matej Vydra have been shortlisted for the Championship's Player of the Year at the Football League Awards.

Coventry's Leon Clarke, Notts County's Alan Judge and Bournemouth's Matt Ritchie make up the League One list.
  • Options
    Another bad management decision,but who gives a toss? We're scoring goals for fun!
  • Options
    plumpo said:

Another bad management decision,but who gives a toss? We're scoring goals for fun!

But would he have scored in the Championship, after all he is no Bradley wright Philips
  • Options
    Good luck to the fella , glad its worked out for him when he was here he looked lazy and disinterested , and blew his chance i'm afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

plumpo said:

But would he have scored in the Championship, after all he is no Bradley wright Philips
    Holt? Lambert? Murray?
  • Options

Good luck to the fella , glad its worked out for him when he was here he looked lazy and disinterested , and blew his chance i'm afraid.

Absolutely. He's not better than BWP I'm afraid and he was one of the reasons we got promoted.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Clarke's played 182 Championship games in his career and scored 32 goals. He had had his chance at this level before he came to us.
  • Options

Not sure he really was given his chance, other players have been given a bit more patience than he ever was. Probably more our loss than his, but move on.

• Options
    One start is not a chance i'm afraid.
  • Options
    Huge mistake selling him (yeah right) after he banged all those goals for scunny.
  • Options
    I don't consider he was given a real chance. It felt like he didn't fit in at Charlton and, like others have said, his attitude appeared really poor which (if true) was unlikely to ever endear him to SCP. I do think we would have scored goals for us though. His game reminded me of Carl Leaburn's; a 'legendary' player who , in my opinion, was given far more games than he truly merited given his poor scoring rate. Carlo was a loveable character and a 'typical' Charlton player (loads of effort/heart of gold/playing to the best of his ability etc) which may be where he and Clarke presented themselves so diversely. Shame 'cos we needed goals this season.
  • Options
    only took him as part of the Benson deal, don't think SCP really wanted him and it showed as he wasn't really given a fair chance. Our loss or has he found his level?
  • Options
    ................I also feel that Paul Benson was not given sufficient chance either. I feel he was better than we seemed to rate him. Probably found his level at League 2 but need to remember he's about 45 now!! lol
  • Options
    Clarke wasn't given a fair chance, but then he wans't needed in the team at the time last season anyway.

His goalscoring record in L1 does suggest that he'd have been just as good as BWP though.