Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I think it's time

124»

Comments

• Options
    Wow, after years and years of changing managers and having zero stability, some of you actually want us to sack Chris Powell?!?!?!?!??!
  • Options
    Seems certain "fans" just love to see us lose just so they can moan.

Let's sack the man who when given some financial backing won the league in his first full season with 101 points and with little backing this summer we're on course to stay up despite other teams having budgets 5 times the size of ours.

• Options
    BTW...I don't want Powell sacked. I do feel Paul Hart should be his no2. Powell has made some poor decisions, but haven't we all. I have said for weeks, lack of a settled side is costing. The midfield problem must be solved and soon. A better and stronger midfield would ease the pressure on the bak 4 and create chances up front. One key player could make a difference. Can we find one in January? Bloody hope so.
  • Options
    Masicat always right
  • Options
    Love how people are changing to staying up is a achievement lol
  • Options
    The football has been shit, but we have done enough to show we can compete. So shut up you dick.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Need a change of manager, just don't think Powell has what it takes to be a championship manager, we have been lucky this season apart from a few away games, fed up the football is shit.

Brave post.

Some people like to think its a fairy tale but the truth is he aint got a clue, no idea on formation and tactics, he picks the team he carries the can. cafc have become kick and hope.

For a quality full back in his day he signs Seabourne, possibly the worst full back I've ever seen wear a Charlton shirt.

And no, your not allowed an opinion :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Choice said:

Need a change of manager, just don't think Powell has what it takes to be a championship manager, we have been lucky this season apart from a few away games, fed up the football is shit.

Brave post.

Some people like to think its a fairy tale but the truth is he aint got a clue, no idea on formation and tactics, he picks the team he carries the can. cafc have become kick and hope.

For a quality full back in his day he signs Seabourne, possibly the worst full back I've ever seen wear a Charlton shirt.

"He ain't got a clue" - just went out and prayed before every match in League One did he? God must be an Addick then.

What a tosser you must be if you truly believe he's been lucky up till now.

You'd be a better QPR fan.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Choice said:

Brave post.

We had no fit left backs so had to get one in on loan. Ashley Cole preferred to stay at Chelsea so we had to take whoever was available at the time.

Until today he hadn't been too bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I can't understand why some posters don't seem to understand that the playing field for managers isn't level. Not every manager started with a blank squad sheet and a budget of £10m this season. Hey, some teams even had a full squad of Premier League standard players and still got a budget of £10m. We are a world away from League One.

Over the summer, Powell had a League One squad and half a million. Notice the difference?

Powell is having a far from easy ride this season, I'm sure everyone can see that. Let him build the squad he NEEDS and we'll reap the rewards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stupid melo-dramtic thread

those wanting Powell about (probably around 1-2% so please don't lose sight of that and exaggerate the negative) are those type of people who normally last just 90 seconds in a sauna before running out saying how hot it is.

We were rubbish today, there was no real purpose and appetite, and we lost. It happens in football. The important thing is to make sure it happens as infrequently as possible.
  • Options
    It' a sad day when footballs short-termism creeps onto these boards. A couple of bad results and the world is nigh. Yes today was shit but those who feel things would be better with a managerial change are utterly deluded.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I've enjoyed this thread. The most exciting thing that has happened today. Thank god for lunacy and controversy. otherwise we'd only ever be talking about 442 or 531 and everything else would have to go on the "jokes..." thread.
  • Options
    Ah, I see it is being sunk.
  • Options
    When is a good time then? Feck me unbelievable some of the responses to this thread and as for stupid thread, really? Nah won't even go there!
  • Options
    You knew when you started this thread that it was controversial ... so please don't pretend you are surprised.

You are entitled to your opinion ... but so are the other, according to you, 'unbelievable' responses.

Personally, I think you have a knee-jerk perspective, but only time will tell. Unfortunately, our owners may be the same, so who knows what happens next month.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What's the matter with some people?

They were happy enough to get behind the manager when we were winning for fun last season.

They were conspicuous by their silence when we were on our recent 7 match unbeaten run.

And now they reckon he should be booted out on his ear after a poor 10 days.
    Yes, 10 days.
  • Options
    Fella on ITTV saying a severance package with SCP has been agreed
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Fella on ITTV saying a severance package with SCP has been agreed

Were any of Jimenez, Slater or Prothero even at the game? I heard not.
  • Options
    Lifer on another thread stated that TJ was present today....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does make me chuckle how Choice always pops his head up after a loss, like some sort of evil meerkat. It's like he now only posts for comedy value.

I suppose it is panto season

X
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    And as for Seabourne, worst full back in a Charlton shirt?! He has generally deputised more than adequately and was an important part of our unbeaten run, the draw at Millwall etc. Yesterday he was pony, yes. But as others have pointed out, I'm not sure many premiership or championship teams were looking to loan out their first choice full backs. The only ones available were therefore reserves, and there's a reason they're reserves.

And if you think he is the worst full back to have played for Charlton, then you have obviously only been going for barely over a year, as we had this guy called Simon Francis until then. And looking slightly further back at this level (3-4 years), a bloke called Martin Cranie.
  • Options

And as for Seabourne, worst full back in a Charlton shirt?! He has generally deputised more than adequately and was an important part of our unbeaten run, the draw at Millwall etc. Yesterday he was pony, yes. But as others have pointed out, I'm not sure many premiership or championship teams were looking to loan out their first choice full backs. The only ones available were therefore reserves, and there's a reason they're reserves.

And if you think he is the worst full back to have played for Charlton, then you have obviously only been going for barely over a year, as we had this guy called Simon Francis until then. And looking slightly further back at this level (3-4 years), a bloke called Martin Cranie.

Traore was decent though ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Scabbyhorse, everyone else is right...you are in a minority, as you dont call other posters silly names...Dont worry, I'm also in this minority :)