Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overreaction

lets try to look at things sensibly. The team need our support on saturday. This is a tight league where mistakes decide games. a confident team will make less mistakes.
Powell and many of this team gave us a wonderful year last year and have done ok this year don't be so fickle to forget this. we do have a few good players for this league, fuller in particular. we have come out the other side of a run like this once those season already, in no small part because of great support, this drew the crowd and team closer.

overtime we a lose a few games, we can't keep saying the clubs a miss everything has to change. we are where we are and we have what we have. when i first started going to cafc in the mid eighties we didn't live in this crisis culture we just got on with it!

Also this team did something few cafc teams have done, showed balls at milwall and got a result. Whilst on the subject of milwall it might be worth looking at their season last year and where they are now. They struggled for much of the season but ended strongly and have built on that this year.

So lets all pull together for the rest of the season.

something inside so strong

Comments

• Options
    Far too sensible. You wanna get yourself over to Into The Valley - tha's where all the sane, reasonable Charlton fans hang out.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Far too sensible. You wanna get yourself over to Into The Valley - tha's where all the sane, reasonable Charlton fans hang out.

Well that's a lie 'cos as far as I know you're not on there :)

• Options
    They banned me when I asked for my charity bet to be paid. It never was.

I'm sure I'll live though.
  • Options
    I agree, this season for me and the majority of fans is about staying up and giving ourselves something to build on next season. We are still 7 points of Peterborough who are in 22nd.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

They banned me when I asked for my charity bet to be paid. It never was.

I'm sure I'll live though.

It is a medal of honour to be banned from there.
  • Options
    Indeed dickplumb. Could've done without the personal abuse - and also the vile comments aimed at my wife - but hey ho, can't say I'm that bothered what bullying/racist morons say. Actions speak louder than words.

(Coooeey chaps - thanks for looking in. Now, back to your hole please.)
  • Options
    Into The Valley is one bloke talking to himself with a couple of others occasionally chipping in
  • Options
    If it was any other person than Powell in charge would you all still be happy with the football we are playing and the results we are getting,theres worse teams and smaller squads than ares who play good football and to some sort of system,we dont do either of them.
  • Options
    So you want a worse team and smaller squad that plays good football? Weird.

You're speaking out of your ours.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Good post Clive. Three losses on the bounce against sides below us has a few alarm bells ringing but I have confidence in the majority of the players and management.

CP needs to go back to basics, battling performances that might not be pretty but are effective. It's how we won the league last year and what's brought the seeming togetherness of players/staff at the club.

Players like Pritchard and my mate Wilson have the endeavour and attitude to get us out of this rut. I hope CP builds the midfield around a work hard model and the quality may then have a Chance to follow.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes because that's what I said isn't it.
  • Options
    Why would you want a "worse" team than what we've got? It makes no sense.
  • Options
    Were exactly did I say I want a worse team,Im saying there are worse teams that play better football than us why is that so hard to understand.
  • Options
    WSS - wtf? Ha ha, too many Xmas drinks for you I think. Try reading what he has written again!!
  • Options
    cambi22 said:

If it was any other person than Powell in charge would you all still be happy with the football we are playing and the results we are getting

Not sure i get the relevance.

I'm not 'happy' with the results we are getting, or the football that was played yesterday. But that doesn't mean i want the manager sacked, or think things would magically improve under a different manager.

Man U for a top six European club don't always get the results or play brilliant football. Don't hear their fans wanting Fergie sacked all the time.

Just so i'm clear, do you want Powell sacked @Cambi22 ?

• Options
    edited December 2012
    cambi22 said:

If it was any other person than Powell in charge would you all still be happy with the football we are playing and the results we are getting,theres worse teams and smaller squads than ares who play good football and to some sort of system,we dont do either of them.

I don't think there's many 'happy' with the football being played, but the vast majority are content with results (we have 29 points which isn't bad) bearing in mind the lack of money CP has had behind him to work with since promotion.

People need to look at the bigger picture of what CP's done for us so far.

Plus these 'smaller squads' were probably already established champ teams before the start of this season and how many times have you actually seen these sides play to gather they play 'good football'??
  • Options
    No I don't want Powell sacked and most of the posts I have written on Charlton forums are ones backing him up,but I dont like how he sets the team up to play,and I don't like how toothless we are becoming,and am starting to lose confidence in his decision making and tactics.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

• Options
    fair enough
  • Options
    Interested to know what teams play 'good football' that we could look too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just want us to get back to basics,Id like to know what Powell and the training staff are doing on the training ground with the players because they just cant make simple passes,even the defense has gone to pot.
  • Options
    cambi22 said:

I just want us to get back to basics,Id like to know what Powell and the training staff are doing on the training ground with the players because they just cant make simple passes,even the defense has gone to pot.

They do nothing on the training ground. They turn up every day and play cards.

Hope that answers your curiosity.
  • Options
    there's no doubt CP sets his teams up to defend first and foremost. We then rely on winning the second ball and attacking from there. Problem is, when we don't have the likes of pritchard and wilson snapping around, we don't win the second ball and even if we do, if we don't have haynes up front, we don't have anybody to slide in. The system can work but not with the personnel we had in the line up yesterday. We also desperately need wiggins back as seabourne rarely looks to overlap and help out with attacks. Get it right and this squad can finish mid table - persist with a lack of pace up top and frimpong and we are in big trouble.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

cambi22 said:

That would probably be less embarrassing for the players and the management,The fact that they do go and train and then produce displays like yesterday is laughable.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

.....when i first started going to cafc in the mid eighties we didn't live in this crisis culture we just got on with it!

Well said.

So much today seems to be kneejerk over-reaction.
  • Options
    cambi22 said:

Off_it said:

cambi22 said:

That would probably be less embarrassing for the players and the management,The fact that they do go and train and then produce displays like yesterday is laughable.
    I'm sure they did it on purpose, just to "please" you.
  • Options
    I am starting to think like canbi22 if in the next 3 games we dont start to play some football and not hooffball then i think a change is needed sorry but not with all the SIR powell stuff if he is not doing his job then off you go!!!! Sorry but our club needs to stay in this div and at the moment he is clueless. How many times this season have we tried to play one up front and how many times has worked!!!! i just want a team to be more forward thinking then hold on to a point thinking because it never works... And i would love him to prove me wrong and go on a great winning streak but i dont think we will playing the hooffball up to two slow tall forwards. Pointless. Yesterday i saw a team run rings around us in the first half at HOME and for someone on here please tell me the truth and take the powell beer glasses off and tell me if i am wrong because i have never seen a team from the bottom 4 in any div look so much better than us!! we had no fight no bottle no energy. i am really worried about our form and style of play
  • Options
    Having a weak or, at times, a non-existent midfield = 29 points

Not happy with it but with no investment I'll live with it ... better than div 1 ... And no, I don't think we'll be back there next season
  • Options
    It's a huge overreaction. Yesterday wasn't great by any means but why people can't see the bigger picture baffles me. We are a newly promoted team with a some of our players that in all honesty havn't and might not make the step up in grade. That wasn't the plan as players that are good enough were not signed in the summer. We are not a million miles from being comfortable and four perhaps three astute signings could tip the balance in our favour. Powell is working with what he has and doing the best he can with the tools given him.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

.....when i first started going to cafc in the mid eighties we didn't live in this crisis culture we just got on with it!

Well said.

So much today seems to be kneejerk over-reaction.
    Too true Oggy ...seems to be a fact of life these days, instant gratification always required