Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will they call Derby off? (9am - match ON, though concerns about later rain expected)

Comments

• Options
    and at least seaboat will be used to it
  • Options
    It is nothing to do with how the pitch is at 9am. The worry is how it is at 3pm after more monsoon rain.
  • Options

It is nothing to do with how the pitch is at 9am. The worry is how it is at 3pm after more monsoon rain.

This 9am inspection is pointless then no ? AS someone esle said, as long as ive at least made it to pub before its off I dont mind :)
  • Options
    The reF has passed the 9am inspection but twitter says this

@CAFCofficial: However, concerns remain regarding today's weather, with heavy rain predicted to fall on the wet surface from approx 12pm (MW) #cafc #dcfc
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial: BREAKING: Referee Carl Boyeson has confirmed that the Valley pitch is playable when he inspected the pitch at 9am... (MW) #cafc #dcfc
  • Options
    surely they know it's supposed to rain heavily between 12 and 3. So by the time they call the game off everyone will be in and around Charlton, so why can't they make a decision now and call it off to save us from the inevitable. Sorry for being pessimistic
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial: However, concerns remain regarding today's weather, with heavy rain predicted to fall on the wet surface from approx 12pm (MW) #cafc #dcfc
  • Options
    Indie Boy said:

surely they know it's supposed to rain heavily between 12 and 3. So by the time they call the game off everyone will be in and around Charlton, so why can't they make a decision now and call it off to save us from the inevitable. Sorry for being pessimistic

Then if the rain doesn't come (as lets be honest the weatherman isn't always right) and gets called off then Our club lose money with the fixture then being changed to a Tuesday night.

• Options
    Indie Boy said:

this

• Options
    Doesn't help the Derby fans travelling down either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It might not rain that badly so would be stupid to call match off now. You can make your own decision as to whether you go or not.
  • Options
    Remember these clowns said the beast of the east was coming they are clueless in the met office

You can't just call a game off because it might rain what else can the club do
  • Options
    Hey you forkers, let's be avin ya!!
  • Options
    i'm going down the pub and if the game is on then bonus
  • Options
    On the BBC video the rain band looked a bit broken around midday and clear over London about 3.

The met office site said heavy rain at midday previously, now says light.

They are all guessing but fingers crossed
  • Options
    That last bit doesn't sound too promising. Personally think it will be a late call off and we will already be there!!
  • Options
    Coming down from northampton for this,could be a re route for me and the lad,war museum I think.
  • Options
    Imagine the tears from our fans if we were travelling to Derby unsure if the game will be on ....
    They have to give it a chance who knows how much rain will fall between now and kick off
  • Options
    Joy game on
    No Bluewater 4 me
  • Options
    Why cant they just cover the pitch from midday until say 2 to keep the rain off?!

I think this ones gonna go. Going back to that hull game, it wasnt far off being abandoned during the second half as a result of rain which started during the game. Non stop rain today anticipated from 12....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least i can leave it till 2
  • Options
    @SkySportsNews: Charlton’s Championship game with Derby has passed an 9am pitch inspection but concerns at The Valley remain with heavy rain predicted #SSN
  • Options
    Just heard that they need 3,000 fans with umbrellas to protect the pitch from 12.00 to kick off.
  • Options
    sralan said:

Just heard that they need 3,000 fans with umbrellas to protect the pitch from 12.00 to kick off.

Preferably until about 4.50

• Options
    You can't call a game off because it MIGHT rain. What next? Start calling games off because their might be a power failure?
  • Options
    It's coming!

raintoday.co.uk
  • Options
    It's lovely here...mind you, I am West of London, well a long way West actually.
  • Options
    Hex said:

It's coming!

raintoday.co.uk

Looking at that, I reckon the heaviest rain might go north of us. (He says, desperately clutching at straws)

• Options
    I am going for a 2pm call off - just as half of us are walking down floyd road.
  • Options
    Match abandoned I reckon