Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will they call Derby off? (9am - match ON, though concerns about later rain expected)

Comments

• Options
    My only game of the season. Can't be called off. Can it?
  • Options
    Very windy out too. Hopefully it'll blow the clouds away ! (Clutching at straws too).
  • Options
    Support local business go to the pubs around the ground and leave it as long as pos to go into the ground
  • Options
    Frustrating for me as I'll need to leave by about 12.30 at the latest.
  • Options
    Weather doesn't look like it's actually going to be that bad.
  • Options
    The only rain proof plan is to make sure you are in the pub for midday
  • Options
    Met Office forecast showing no gusts of wind at 6.00 a.m and 9.00 a.m but there was a howling gale and very gusty all night so I don't think their forecast can be taken as very reliable.
  • Options
    The rain has stopped in Cumbria. Hope that helps.
    For purely selfish reasons a postponement would be great and if Watford went too, that would be perfect.
    That is selfish though, so good luck to the rest of you.
  • Options
    @bangkokaddick it's my only chance of a game this season as well. Last game I tried to get to was the Southampton Boxing Day game that was called off two years ago, will be gutted if this one goes.
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm being stupid, but don't we have rain covers or something to stop the rain from getting on the pitch?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My life. This thread is unbelievable.

Call the match off now? Why? That has to be a wind up, surely.
  • Options
    I'm sure it will go ahead.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    No we don't have rain covers.
    PS As I said yesterday the only forecast that says heavy rain is the BBC & that is the least reliable.
    I'm hopeful that the rain won't be too heavy (as predicted by the more reliable sites) & the game will be fine.
  • Options
    I think the match will start, not sure it will finish
  • Options
    Can't leave it any longer. So I'm leaving for SE7 now. Lets hope the pitch holds out.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    windy so we will play it on the deck right ? nice and slippery so we will play it on the deck right ?

Its not a CP thing(seen many managers teams do it) but how many times when we can all see that the ball should be played to feet does it get hoooofed miles in the air ? pleasssssssssse play it on the deck and lets have some up and at em ripe their spines out attitude today
  • Options
    Reckon I can get away with leaving home at 1.30 and still make ko

Would have thought there might be a further update by then
  • Options
    edited December 2012

No we don't have rain covers.
    PS As I said yesterday the only forecast that says heavy rain is the BBC & that is the least reliable.

I'm hopeful that the rain won't be too heavy (as predicted by the more reliable sites) & the game will be fine.

BBC always cautious with forecasting ever since Michael Fish said the hurricane of 1987 would miss us DOH! Fear ye not you haddock and chip lovers old sleepy_head predicts this match will go ahead and 3 points secured COYR
  • Options
    2-0 up and the match gets abandoned and everyone can cry about the whole world of officialdom being against us
  • Options
    Brilliant thread! What if.... I hope it's called off cos I can't make it.......call it off now......it will be called off.....it won't b called of.......wheres the cover....the weather forecast is good no wait its bad hold on its good again.... I've got to get to the valley from.....Floyd rd, Southampton, Bangkok!
    Like M14 said go or don't go! Make ur own decisions! The club can do no more! It's down to the ref at his next inspection! Me- I'm going!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    It's mad that we don't have covers in this day and age. What happened to the inflatable duvet we had around 8 yrs ago?
    No rain yet in Da1. Fingers crossed.
  • Options

It's mad that we don't have covers in this day and age. What happened to the inflatable duvet we had around 8 yrs ago?

That was to prevent frost, not rain & it split. It was too costly to buy another as we were on skid row.
  • Options
    Just starting to rain lightly here in Bexley.
  • Options
    I'm too scared to leave home now. Is it possible it might rain and I get wet?

Best not chance it.
  • Options
    Call it off please, cannot stand another depressing game of football.
  • Options
    The rains are coming. We are doomed, all doomed.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Off_it said:

I'm too scared to leave home now. Is it possible it might rain and I get wet?

Best not chance it.

Ha ha, many moons ago when I was picked for the Primary School team the sports master made us all chant 'Rain, Hail or Snow I've got to Go' for a full minute after Friday practice. Funnily enough we always had a full team out on a Saturday morning........ Man up Offie :-)
  • Options
    Spitting in Sidcup, not the people for once
  • Options

Just starting to rain lightly here in Bexley.

Dry in my part of Bexley?
  • Options
    it's not the getting wet part, it's the fact that very heavy rain could hurt the players & officials.

HSE said so.