Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vydra, how quick is he??

Just seen Vydra score for Watford again.....he left the Brighton defence for dead and he gave them a 3 yd start......so how do we stop him on Tuesday?

Comments

• Horses head in Zola's bed.
  • Get JJ man marking him.
  • Anyone know if he' s Czech? It's a Czech name, but I've never come across him
  • Watford have some quality players - New Years day fixture should be fun.
  • Thanks. Filled me with foreboding though. He's only 20, yet Banik got £3m for him two years ago. That's a lot of money for a Czech club to get. One of the Udinese loanees. I don't think JJ man marking him will do the trick...

• Just seen his second goal.

He is going to be a right handful

• Play deep, 4-5-1, stifle them, pray
  • Will need the full backs to cover the slow centre halves , we could get torn a right proper new one unless we're on our A game
  • Sponsored links:

• its watford ffs, not barcelona -
  • Watched their game on the telly and believe me, they look a much better outfit than Sheff Weds. And guess what? They pass it to feet. It is not a midfield contest that we have the tools to win so clearly the answer is to play 5-0-5 and hoof it!
    Hamer
    Solly Taylor Cort Dervite Evina
    BWP, Fuller Kermo Haynes Hulse

• Or we could try Veet, which seemed to work on Charlie Austin...
  • they look a much better outfit than Sheff Weds

Not a benchmark most teams are working to.
  • kafka said:

they look a much better outfit than Sheff Weds

LOL

• When we win 1-2 all will be wondering how you stop BWP
  • I'd put Solly on him man to man and have Wilson RB for this one or even Wilson on him instead -playing a 5-3-2.
  • They mentioned on FLS that they have loadsa loanee's. Does that mean a load of their team will not be playing on NY day as they'll be sent home?
  • olster said:

They mentioned on FLS that they have loadsa loanee's. Does that mean a load of their team will not be playing on NY day as they'll be sent home?

Is this what they call " grasping at straws" ?

But I like it !

• olster said:

They mentioned on FLS that they have loadsa loanee's. Does that mean a load of their team will not be playing on NY day as they'll be sent home?

No chance. they are all loaned from Udinese, who have the same owners as Watford. I thought there were laws against this sort of thing , but apparently not.

Having examined Vydra's pedigree, it's clear there is no way such a player should normally be found in the Championship. as a benchmark, another young Czech player who some might remember from the Euros, Vaclav Pilar, joined Wolfsburg in the bundesliga in the summer, and the fee was a third of what Udinese paid for Vydra.

But they are not Barcelona, indeed, and we have played well against better resourced teams.

• Sponsored links:

• We can't stop him he is a machine that cannot be stopped :-0
  • Hamer
    Solly Morro Dervite Cort Evina
    Pritch
    Fuller Kermo Hulse
    Haynes

Hooooooooooooooof
  • edited December 2012
    CAFCsayer said:

Hamer
    Solly Morro Dervite Cort Evina
    Pritch
    Fuller Kermo Hulse
    Haynes

Hooooooooooooooof

Is there a plan B if Morro is suspended? Will be a miracle if Haynes plays :-)
  • Stick a reducer on him early doors.

(C) Big Ron
  • Can you still rake the calf in the first couple of minutes?
  • edited December 2012

olster said:

Is this what they call " grasping at straws" ?

But I like it !

And apparently they're having a team lasagne on nye....

Better still just below the ankle on the achillies...............allegedly :-0

Of course, just to let him know you're there.
  • Off_it said:

Can you still rake the calf in the first couple of minutes?

Of course, just to let him know you're there.
    ...and as a "Happy New Year, fella!" greeting.

• kafka said:

they look a much better outfit than Sheff Weds

LOL

Ha! Ha!

My point being that the not very mighty Weds managed to beat us on out last away day and as Watford look so technically superior, it doesn't bode well.

Think I will put a wedge on a home win. If we all do that it might just work and if it doesn't we could spend the profits on a midfielder.