Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going Out

Comments

• Options
    Not much to celebrate this year so hope to be asleep by midnight.
  • Options
    Going over to a mates house for his usual Hogmanay bash. We'll see in the NY but will probably be tucked up by 1am.
  • Options
    Working.
  • Options
    He wasn't talking about NYE but Karl Pilkington got this one right "I hate forced fun". Could get a babysitter but won't as I can't stand NYE.

The last couple of times myself and the wife have ventured out we've been home before midnight to avoid the "one night a year brigade".

Will be getting a takeaway from Eltham's finest The Star of India.
  • Options

He wasn't talking about NYE but Karl Pilkington got this one right "I hate forced fun". Could get a babysitter but won't as I can't stand NYE.

The last couple of times myself and the wife have ventured out we've been home before midnight to avoid the "one night a year brigade".

Will be getting a takeaway from Eltham's finest The Star of India.

This is why we get on Tim.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Out with mates & other halves, 9 of us in total. Then have a party to go to at midnight. Going out on NYE may not always be all it's cracked up to be, but staying in & watching Jools Holland is enough to drive me insane !
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The Venue in New Cross, mad one.

Went to the Venue for a NYE around 10 years ago, had a great time seem to recall the band being Utter Madness.
  • Options

Party at my mates house...25 steps away from my front door.....luvly jubbly

Fantastic , see you there! :-0

• Options
    edited December 2012

cafctom said:

Went to the Venue for a NYE around 10 years ago, had a great time seem to recall the band being Utter Madness.
    It is most years.

I stopped doing new years a couple of years ago after finally admitting to myself that in all my years I've only ever been out once that lived up to the promise and that was in Prague.

Overpriced packed clubs selling overpriced booze followed by getting home in an overpriced cab. All the while being wished to have a "happy new year" by people I don't know.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

cafctom said:

It is most years.

I stopped doing new years a couple of years ago after finally admitting to myself that in all my years I've only ever been out once that lived up to the promise and that was in Prague.

Overpriced packed clubs selling overpriced booze followed by getting home in an overpriced cab. All the while being wished to have a "happy new year" by people I don't know.
    'Happy New Year' :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

cafctom said:

It is most years.

Agree, I'll be up my local...no addmission, 3/4 min walk, 1st pint free, nice local people (well most are) who we have got to know since moving down here and a warm, friendly and well run pub by a nice family (even if the guvernors WHU and his sons a spanner).....still good for a bit of banter.
  • Options

buckshee said:

cafctom said:

It is most years.

Agree, I'll be up my local...no addmission, 3/4 min walk, 1st pint free, nice local people (well most are) who we have got to know since moving down here and a warm, friendly and well run pub by a nice family (even if the guvernors WHU and his sons a spanner).....still good for a bit of banter.
    The Dolphin?
  • Options
    Working tonight. Hate New Years eve with a passion.
  • Options
    Happy new year from singapore! View from the top of Marina Bay sands
  • Options
    Working too. Haven't had a good NYE since 2007.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

buckshee said:

cafctom said:

It is most years.

The Dolphin?
    No...Ashburnham Arms..but I do like the Dolphin.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

buckshee said:

cafctom said:

It is most years.

The Dolphin?
    Had a couple of beanos down there with Big Peter from The Horse and Groom, his pal use to run the place! Have a goodun mate
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

buckshee said:

cafctom said:

It is most years.

The Dolphin?
    Had a couple of beanos down there with Big Peter from The Horse and Groom, his pal use to run the place! Have a goodun mate
    And you mate.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Michael Jackson tonight!

IMO if you go out expecting a bad night and looking for reasons to not enjoy it, that is exactly what will happen.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Michael Jackson tonight!

IMO if you go out expecting a bad night and looking for reasons to not enjoy it, that is exactly what will happen.
    I always went out expecting a good night. It was only when I looked back on all those nights a few years later I realised they were actually crap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Happy new year from singapore! View from the top of Marina Bay sands

Nice picture...that was only being built when we lived out there..08-09. Spent NYE out there at a friends apartment in Holland Village, could hear all the fog horns from the boats.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Going to our favourite restaurant with friends, €60 five course dinner and all drink included. Looking forward to giving 2012 the big f**k off. Worst year of my life.

Mine an all, here's to a better one next year eh AA pal!?
    Yep I'm actually excited about this NYE just to say goodbye to 2012 - looking forward to New Year/New starts
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Michael Jackson tonight!

Very true...not to sure about the Michael Jackson thing though, prefer Utter Madness...but you have a good time all the same.
  • Options

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Michael Jackson tonight!

Very true...not to sure about the Michael Jackson thing though, prefer Utter Madness...but you have a good time all the same.
    Prefer Gary Glitter to Michael Jackson meself
  • Options
    In with Mrs Valley and Valley Jnr. Friend coming over. Wine, takeaway, done.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Michael Jackson tonight!

Hes had a touch its not Abba

Nothing worse than getting round a Doris, already smelling like stale snakebite...and Waterloo comes on.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Going to our favourite restaurant with friends, €60 five course dinner and all drink included. Looking forward to giving 2012 the big f**k off. Worst year of my life.

Mine an all, here's to a better one next year eh AA pal!?
    I'll drink to that! Cheers...
  • Options
    Black tie in the Dial Arch.

Don't particularly like NYE but its local and know most of the staff is there so have always have a decent night.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

buckshee said:

cafctom said:

It is most years.

The Dolphin?
    Was his Pal Dennis, (he was the previous owner of the Dolphin, though that was well before we got down here in Oct 2010). Dennis now runs the Anchor in George Street.
  • Options
    A last minute arrangement by others of the family - going to The Chiltern Hundreds in Maidstone, although already had a snifter just to settle the old tum!