Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mambo joins shrewsbury on loan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20876547

be interesting how he fairs in league one. Any reckon we'll ever see him in a charlton shirt?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    How old is he now ? Never been overly impressed when I've seen him. Good luck Yado hope you knock em cold.
  • Options
    I expect him to be released in the Summer, but you never know. Glad for the lad that Wimbledon must have worked out for him and he has taken a step up. Did not realise that Shrewsbury were in the league let alone League 1.
  • Options
    Good to see him move up a division. Must have impressed at Wimbledon.

Powell seems to think he has something so who knows.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It'll be a good education for him in a newly promoted side which like ourselves is struggling in a higher division. This loan could make or break him. Graham Turner the Shrews manager is older than God and knows the lower divisions like the back of the devil's hand. He'll sort out Mambo and could well make a player out of him
  • Options
    Good to see he's getting a chance in a higher division.
  • Options
    Good to see him in a better division, if he does well, he might earn himself another contract (or a decent L1 club next season)
  • Options
    They obviously do not remember the OG against them in the league cup a few years back. 3-0 up, lost 3-4.
  • Options
    never been impressed, will never play for the first team, released in the summer. Good luck though Yado.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's same age as Solly I think. Played well against MK Dons, don't write him off yet.
  • Options
    Good player and I do rate him but I can't see him playing for us in The Championship anytime soon. I hope we keep hold of him as I'm against writing players off to early.
  • Options
    Going the right way, seems like he's pushing on. Maybe see him in and around the first team at the end of the season if we're in mid table
  • Options
    Reckon we will give him another 1 year contract at the end of the season, then loan him out again. This will go on every year till he retires.
  • Options
    Central defenders are like goalkeepers....late developers.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Central defenders are like goalkeepers....late developers.

True, it's only the very talented that get a go early, (Danny Baath, etc.)

He's a beast in the air and very string tackler. Technically not great but they are obviously hoping that will come later. See Michael Turner.
  • Options
    Has the physical attributes not sure how quick (or not) he is.

If he has pace he has a chance of making it at championship level or better.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Reckon we will give him another 1 year contract at the end of the season, then loan him out again. This will go on every year till he retires.

LOL, but probably true.

• Options
    Made his debut as a 90th minute sub in the Shrews 1-0 win at Coventry.
  • Options
    If he does well in this loan - I expect him to be extended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will never play for charlton fact. Lets look at the evidence

Charlton Athletic
    Welling United
    Dover Athletic
    Staines Town
    Eastbourne Borough
    Staines Town
    Ebbsfleet United
    AFC Wimbledon
    Shrewsbury Town

Looks like he is desting for a non league career.
  • Options
    Or he is moving up the leagues. Not saying he will ever make it here but at least this loan gives us the chance to see how he does in a league only 1 below us.
  • Options
    CAFCElite said:

Charlton Athletic
    Welling United
    Dover Athletic
    Staines Town
    Eastbourne Borough
    Staines Town
    Ebbsfleet United
    AFC Wimbledon
    Shrewsbury Town

Jenkinson has a similar track record. Doubt he'll ever amount to anything.....

• Options
    He's already played for Charlton Athletic, including a win against a team that won the Championship last season, but you lot go ahead and keep slagging off a young player that most of you have probably seen play less than half a dozen times, if at all.
  • Options
    CAFCElite said:

Charlton Athletic
    Welling United
    Dover Athletic
    Staines Town
    Eastbourne Borough
    Staines Town
    Ebbsfleet United
    AFC Wimbledon
    Shrewsbury Town

He's gone up a division in his last 3 Loans... That's really non league!!!
  • Options

If he does well in this loan - I expect him to be extended.

How tall is he now then?

• Options
    Kept a clean sheet in his first game against Coventry. They won 1-0. Good on him.

Then again he was up against Leon Clarke........ ; )
  • Options

He's already played for Charlton Athletic, including a win against a team that won the Championship last season, but you lot go ahead and keep slagging off a young player that most of you have probably seen play less than half a dozen times, if at all.

^ this ^
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Its not an excuse, but i think people just presume because it seems he's been here a long time and not featured, that he's never gonna make it.

obviously thats rubbish. Centre backs need time, its not like having an 18 year old winger, who you can chuck on with a bit of pace and skill. You can possess that whether you're 18 or 30. Central defenders need to know the old tricks, reading the game etc that will only come with experience.

This loan will hopefully give him that experience (against teams like Swindon & Sheff Utd) and CP and staff can then decide if he will ever make that step onto our bench and first team.

They must think theres something there. Plus he's only 21!
  • Options
    Michael Turner took a while to get up to top flight quality but doing alright now.