Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Watford Match Thread 1.1.13

edited January 2013 in General Charlton
Good afternoon fellow addicks and welcome to the first match thread of 2013. I hope you had a good night last night and you all have A Happy and Prosperous New Year. So 2013 starts with a very tough game away at Watford.....can the addicks bring home at least a point...............I think they can. The second half of the season is now under-way and we need to see a good run being put together by the team......so we might as well start today.....I'll bring teams as soon as I can.

Comments

• Options
    Afternoon Red. Happy new year!
  • Options
    Good afternoon Red. Good afternoon everybody. Not sure if there will be a singularly Watford perspective on the game, but I will try to find one and update from there.
    Many apologies in advance for the slowness and the inevitable typos, especially as Watford have so many exotic names to write, doesn't come naturally! In fact I'm more likely to say 'watford attack down the left' than names of their individual players.
    Very much hoping that 'lightening fingers' PaddyP17 will be updating today.
    Who knows what kind of commentary we will get!
  • Options
    Pitch is fantastic
  • Options
    Hi RM happy and healthy new year to you and yours. No score updates today so I shall just sit, listen, watch and hope. Got a sneaky feeling we might just get 3 points, team will be interesting.
  • Options
    Of course! Should've said it first...happy 2013 to one and all, especially to the little band of regulars on here.
  • Options

Hi RM happy and healthy new year to you and yours. No score updates today so I shall just sit, listen, watch and hope. Got a sneaky feeling we might just get 3 points, team will be interesting.

Afternoon @Lancashirelad and @sethplum .....thanks for all your help so far this season.....can one of you do the cup game on saturday against Huddersfield as I will not be able to as I'm away for the day?

• Options
    OK, getting some kind of stuff from the Watford perspective now...all seems good.
  • Options
    Shame about the stadium
  • Options
    Geoff Doyle commentating,
    Sorry about the game Saturday red...will be (suffering?) at the Valley
  • Options
    yes I'll do Hudds from a CAFC perspective
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy New Year Red. Usually read these threads when not at a game, even if I don't say much. Don't know if I will be with you for the rollercoaster ride that will be Watford vs Charlton as our bloody neighbour (Gills fan) has invited us round for his New Year's Day party. May be in luck with match updates thought - his father-in-law is Charlton man and boy.
  • Options
    Been feeling lousy last few days, so swerved it. Got a feeling we'll win
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Happy New Year Red. Usually read these threads when not at a game, even if I don't say much. Don't know if I will be with you for the rollercoaster ride that will be Watford vs Charlton as our bloody neighbour (Gills fan) has invited us round for his New Year's Day party. May be in luck with match updates thought - his father-in-law is Charlton man and boy.

@sagalout can you follow the match thread on your mobile?
  • Options
    #watfordfc v Charlton: Almunia (c); Neuton, Ekstrand, Hoban; Cassetti, Chalobah, Abdi, Murray, Pudil; Geijo, Forestieri

#watfordfc subs: Bond (GK), Yeates, Deeney, Vydra, Anya, Nosworthy, Battocchio - 5 changes for the Hornets this afternoon
  • Options
    Blimey, looks a lot of local lads in their starting 11 !
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    addicks news Hamer, Solly, Cort, Dervite, Evina, Wilson, JJ, Stevo, Pritch, Fuller, Yann
  • Options
    Haynes and Morrison out, Fuller and Dervite in.
  • Options

addicks news Hamer, Solly, Cort, Evina, Wilson, JJ, Stevo, Pritch, Fuller, Yann

Dervite?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Vydra on the bench for Watford. Puzzling.

LOL @AFKA didn't you know Watford was in central Europe?
  • Options
    Shit! We're starting with only 10!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Charlton subs: Button, Taylor, Wright-Phillips, Kerkar, Cook, Seaborne, Hulse.
  • Options
    Expected a couple more changes to be honest
  • Options
    Charlton subs: Button, Taylor, Wright-Phillips, Kerkar, Cook, Seaborne, Hulse. (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    Fuller and Kermit up front,bring on the hoof.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    How many of their starting 11 is made up of loans?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Shit! We're starting with only 10!

sorry edited now Dervite I missed out
  • Options
    How is bwp not starting what a joke fella was superb the other day. Most static forward pairing if fancy marking them joke
  • Options
    No green (I predict he'll never start another league game for us), no waggy but Cook back on bench!!!!

Seabourne re-appears but again no sign of Frimpong.

• Options

How is bwp not starting what a joke fella was superb the other day. Most static forward pairing if fancy marking them joke

I'm not sure where the Fuller being lazy thing comes from. The guy gave Blackpool endless problems on his own up front for example.

• Options
    no Waggy on the bench, hopedhis bench warming against Derby might have been a sign he's. on the way back
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!