Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Charlton Athletic 2013 post-match views

Comments

• 'Scummy cack'

Lol. F*ck 'em!
  • Pritchard can become player of the year if he keeps going - his workrate is exceptional and absolutely vital to us. No coincidence that our 3 recent defeats were without him. We don't play pretty football so his energy is vital to us. Any news on Haynes injury? He's our other key player in my opinion.
  • typical no football league show tonight

If you can get Sky "Goals Express" on SSN at 7pm.

• Pritchard can become player of the year if he keeps going - his workrate is exceptional and absolutely vital to us. No coincidence that our 3 recent defeats were without him. We don't play pretty football so his energy is vital to us. Any news on Haynes injury? He's our other key player in my opinion.

Hmmm. I would say Rhoys Wiggins is a key player. Although Cedric had a good game today, Wiggo is technically better, and offers a lot going forward. There will be less hoofball when he's back, although we kept it down better today.
  • edited January 2013
    Last post from me, this result is particularly sweet on a personal level as after the home fixture, I found myself in a carriage to London Bridge with a load of Watford fans. They gloated over how poor we apparently played and that they beat us with 10 men, whilst being without Vydra too. Said we were relegation fodder and generally tried intimidating me.

Come on you reds.
  • Great performence everyone dug in deep, very scrappy at times but who cares 3 points is 3 points.
    Glad were not playing Watford again this season, Scummy bunch of cheats diving all over the place, trying to get players booked, Some filthy tackles going in on our boys at the end when they were frustrated. Zola Class player but has produced a bunch of cheating diving twats as manager. Shame as they play some good football at times when their not cheating.
  • Charlton were great, struggling to nominate a MOM, all good. Watford were made of glass and unsporting, found their tactics unprofessional. So pleased we beat them great game , and glad we went.

Hmmm. I would say Rhoys Wiggins is a key player. Although Cedric had a good game today, Wiggo is technically better, and offers a lot going forward. There will be less hoofball when he's back, although we kept it down better today.

Agreed Wiggins will be a big plus when he comes back but let's be honest, we played a lot of hoofball last year with him in the team as well.
  • Is it just me, but the third goal was another OG?

Fuller squared it and Kerm sliding in saw his shot get blocked, it came back out hit a Watford leg and deflected in. Put some comments on the players marks thread, but in a nut shell they could not handle us in the air (3 goals) or Fuller on the ground. Standout performances from Solly, Pritchard, JJ and Fuller. Also Yann's best game.

Great support.
  • Relax. This squad can hold their own in this division. A little fortune helps, of course, and we've seen little of that in recent weeks.
    The transfer window is now open and we'll just have to see what happens. No point in speculating about that.
    Good to see that the team spirit is alive and well; that's what will get us through the hard times and see us succeed. Well done, C.P.
    Happy new year to all.
  • Sponsored links:

• CP in his post match comments expects a couple of players out and a couple in, but all within budget and to strengthen the team.
  • stonemuse said:

On CAFC twitter:

Love it
    Is it just my imagination or is Fuller in the background clutching his Charlton badge in pride? Love it!
  • Sorry. I am referring to the photo posted earlier in this thread of Jackson.
  • Posting before reading.
    I didn't think I'd be saying this this season, but that was for me at least as or more exciting than Cardiff. An absolute cracker which had some great performances.

Outside of the obvious rivalries Watford is a game I have been massively hoping we win because I absolutely despise that team because of the way they play. A really horrible bunch of cheats. Forrestieri knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he handballed that and I would have sent him off.

If Charlton started playing like that I don't know if I could stay a fan.

Watford aside, as after all, this is all about Charlton it was an absolutely cracking day. I managed to convince my 12 year old brother to come and he absolutely loved it.

10/10, hopefully people can lay off Powell and Kermorgant for now, at least till 5 o clock on the 5th of January.
  • edited January 2013
    Personally cannot really argue with the results.

There probably are some sore losers but every club has them (TBF most say we were poor and you had the better performers..)

You generally were more dangerous.

Our defence was pretty hapless it has to be said.
  • We started off dominant and pressed a lot down our right side. Then they scored with virtually their first main attack after 20 odd minutes. Hamer might have done better but he made up for it with some great saves. Evina was a breath of fresh air. Excellent control and buzzing down the left. He virtually made the second goal which Kermy headed in. Terrific stuff. So watford were 2-1 down and seemed to be having an off day. Second half they are now doing the pressing and seemed like scoring every time they attacked with thier quick plays. Soon it was 3-2 to them and then you see Johnie Jackson really getting stuck in and Fuller and Kermy dominating their centre halves. Jackson's header is great! and then Kermy bangs in the winner via one of their players. Fantstic game and a deserved win against the divers.
    Happy new year indeed!
    Oh and good to see our young yoofs giving Seb some respect for moving past 700 games.
  • Just got back. Great support today , absolutely brilliant. The positives are Pritchard yet again, Hamer, Jackson, Solly, Wilson,Kermorgant, all outstanding. Brilliant atmosphere and what a drama but a brilliant result and three points when we really do need them. I hope we can get a good turnout for saturday and make the cup a something we really want to progress in. This is not a bottom three team and if certain players were fit/ fitter we would definitely be a lot higher
  • At last!

My 6 year old grandson's fifth Charlton game and we finaly won for him. Cracking game, he loved it.

They certainly looked dangerous every time they attacked, but we stayed strong. Not often you see 10 goals in a game (3 disallowed). Thoroughly enjoyable day out.

• So proud after witnessing that performance, it certainly made up for the Ipswich debacle. Hard to single out anyone but the amount of work Pritch puts in is remarkable. I felt he had nothing left in his legs when the last shooting opportunity came his way. Jackson played more centrally in the second half and was far more influential. Evina really looked the part and was superb in the build up to Yanns goal. I felt that Solly was leaving their left winger with too much space but it was probably a tactic to negate the very dangerous Forrestieri. Solly and Wilson work so well together and we look really dangerous attacking down the right. Fuller and Yann are regaining fitness and looked full of life. We showed such tremendous character in coming from behind twice and were determined to get something out of the game.
  • Brilliant match - was exciting to watch from start to finish and we played some wonderful football.

How on earth does Fuller wriggle his way past people like that? It happens in slow motion at times, but it amazing to watch when he is on top form. Thought everyone had a good game today. Cracking support, loved the ball bouncing about the stand. The very least that Watford deserved for their awful behavior. The ref wasn't too helpful either was he?

Wilson, Pritchard, Evina getting better every game.

Will go down as one of those away days that those who were there will definitely remember for a long time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally cannot really argue with the results.

There probably are some sore losers but every club has them (TBF most say we were poor and you had the better performers..)

You generally were more dangerous.

Our defence was pretty hapless it has to be said.

Well done Super_horns.
  • Just back, what a great day one of the best away performances for many a year.

They dive so much it is a joke, hope they get nothing this year.

What Pritchard lacks in skill in more than makes up for with his work rate, unreal today.

Having said that they all worked hard.

Fantastic support today.

Thanks to SCP & the boys, lets keep it going for the rest of 2013.
  • Also has to be the most quiet crowd I have ever seen. Even when they were winning it was a joke, I hope the whole "you're not singing anymore" from us to them was meant ironically... Haha
  • Certainly a few have pointed out Neuton (number 5) spent quite a whille just trying to get involved when there was no need...that was frustrating when your losing..

Did I notice anything bad from you guys...not really.

Trouble is for refs if they give everything people complain about them not letting the game flow and then if they don't its "they've lost control"
  • Super_horns

Really puzzled as to why Vydra didn't start. What do you think?
  • What a fantastic result against a very much in form team.
    We got things back on the rails against Derby and sounds like we built on that today.
    The big characters in the squad are coming through again (and there are plenty) and the team spirit, even in defeat, is plain to see.
    Great start to the year.
  • I have resolved to stop listening to Charlton on the radio - i turned on just in time on each occasion for Watford's 2nd and 3rd goals - fortunately I figured out the curse and kept the damn thing switched off until I turned onto hear the Hamsters scoring a penalty!

The result just demonstrates how good the team sprit and ethic must be - certainly the best I've seen in 10 years of following Charlton.
  • Just home after a great way to start the new year,great team performance worked really hard never gave up,wonderful support I thought,come on you reds.
  • Super_horns

Really puzzled as to why Vydra didn't start. What do you think?

Probably just resting him along with Deeney to give Geijo a go.

Our real problem was the lack of defending or tackling in midfield.

Really you could have scored more...our inexperienced showed.

• edited January 2013
    If Watford got rid of the petulance and man'd up a bit they would be a great attacking side to watch.

They find little pockets inbetween the midfield and defence. Their big guy who started upfront had excellent hold up play and links with the little cheat very well.

Just highlights how big a performance from our boys today. I'm buzzing.