Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for the FA cup

Time to rest key players or play the strongest team in the hope of Man U at home in round 4? With injuries and suspensions in mind I would play a weak team to give a few players a run out.

Button

Cousins Devite Taylor Evina

Green Stephens Kerkar Hariott

Wright Phillips Kermogant

I would flood the bench with youngstersbut I am not sure who is available but would consider

Poyet
Cook
Wagstaff
Bover
Jordan
Fox

Comments

• Options
    I have a revolutionary idea. Lets play our strongest team so we can win the game and perhaps get to the next round of a cup competition.
  • Options
    Ill play up front if powell wants me too ?
  • Options
    --------Button----------

Solly- Dervite -Taylor -Evina

Green- Pritchard -Stephens -Cook

-------Wagstaff---------

--------BWP ----------

Bench: Pope, Mambo, Jacko, Kermorgant, Azeez, Harriot, Kerkar
  • Options
    I'd love to see Joe Gomez get a chance but might be too soon.
  • Options

I have a revolutionary idea. Lets play our strongest team so we can win the game and perhaps get to the next round of a cup competition.

And what if we play or strongest team and Solly gets sent off and Fuller's hamstring goes again? Players like Cousins and Cook may then be forced to play. My point is blood players now in a cup game. Finishing as high up the league as possible must be a priority over the FA cup. Who said a changed team cant win, Huddersfield will probably make changes too. We might even unearth a jem

• Options
    For Christ's sake. Why would we play a weakened team. We are 8 points off the drop zone and 7 points off the play offs. In other words, ensconced right in midtable. And that's where we will finish. Our team is capable on its day and has the potential to have a decent cup run, and we could certainly do with the cash. We have a winnable game this round so lets play a strong side, avoid a replay, and get through. Then let's see what the round 4 draw does for us.
  • Options
    Toddy I like your lineup, but I'm not sure if Evina should start or not, would be gutted if he got injured, as we'd be stuffed again in the left back spot, but he does also need game time?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Easy to argue for a strong or second string line up but given injuries sustained yesterday, SCP's post match comments (resting a few and league the priority) and potential outgoings (Stephens & Green? whose new clubs won't want them injured or possibly cup tied) I reckon the gaffer will go for a 4-5-1 line up something along the lines of :-

Button
    Solly Taylor Morro (Capt) Evina
    Cook Pritchard Dervite Kerkar Waggy
    BWP

Subs Sullivan, JJ, Yann, Fuller, Harriott, Fox, Cousins
  • Options
    Play as strong a team as possible within reason. Maybe rest the likes of fuller and give bwp a start, play kermo who i think will only benefit from more match time. Give Dervite another start and maybe try and give waggy and cook a run out at some point. Other than that, i hope we go full strength. Be great to have a good cup run and might even get a decent away day or two - not many decent saturday league away games left from what i can see.
  • Options
    Strong team please but rest all those with suspect hamstrings!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer (what does playing Button achieve? I know he has been patient in waiting, but if he plays a blinder then he is no closer to the first team)

Solly Dervite Morrison Evina

Green Pritchard Cook Kerkar

BWP Yann

Get the game won and look forward to what may lie ahead. Absolutely no reason to play a weakened team. If we progress a couple of rounds and are still mid-table then we should be taking the FA Cup very, very seriously purely for the benefit it can bring the club if we do go far.
  • Options
    The perfect team for most here on CL would be

Solly
    Solly Solly Solly Solly
    Solly Solly Solly
    Solly Solly Solly
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly Morro Gomez Fox
    Waggy Stevo Wilson Cook
    BWP Fuller
    Subs Button, Yann, Taylor, Harriott, Evina, Pritch, Dervite
  • Options

Solly
    Solly Solly Solly Solly
    Solly Solly Solly
    Solly Solly Solly

What about subs?
  • Options
    Sullivan
    Cousins Taylor Dervite Evina
    Stephens Poyet Cook
    Wagstaff Wright-Phillips Harriott
  • Options

Solly
    Solly Solly Solly Solly
    Solly Solly Solly
    Solly Solly Solly

What about subs?
    Solly Solly Solly Solly Solly Solly & Solly

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Think the players should put their names in a hat and pick their positions from that (including keeper) - would be entertaining. Alternatively, go for golas with:

Button
    Wagstaff Yann Fuller Harriott
    Green Cook Haynes
    BWP Smith Azeez
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Button
    cousins taylor dervite evina
    wagstaff poyet stephens cook
    bwp kerm
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Button
    Solly Morro Taylor Evina
    Wagstaff Stephens Kerkar Cook
    BWP Kerm

Subs: Sullivan, Dervite, Harriot, Green, Pritch, Jacko, Fuller.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Button

Cousins - Taylor - Dervite - Evina

Poyet - Stephens

Green - Cook - Kerkar

Wright-Phillips

SUBS: Sullivan, Morrison, Fox, Wagstaff, Pritchard, Harriott, Kermorgant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same te that started against Watford

Wouldn't change anyone that is fit to play
  • Options
    We have won one game in 6/7 but lets put a reserve side out and get stuffed !!!

Let everyone in for free if we dont give a shit about this cup
  • Options
    Button
    Cousins, Dervite, Taylor, Fox
    Green, Wilson, Poyet(Unsure how likely this would be), Kerkar
    Waggy
    BWP

Couldn't care less on result, but it would be good to give a few youngsters a run out. I still reckon we will field 7-8 first team players though
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Why couldnt you care less?!

Last season we took 7,000 to fulham in the 3rd round. Before that 4,000 to spurs. Some of the best away days ever have been in the cup; bristol city, united, newcastle, liverpool, coventry, boro. Not to mention the fact that if we got drawn away at arsenal in round 4, we could potentially take 500 odd grand cash share of gate receipts - the figure some people are suggesting we might sell our form player pritchard for.

Absolutely defies sense. If anything we should be prioritising this game. But no lets give a few youngsters a game and gift the opportunity to huddersfield.
  • Options
    Winning is a habit. So, must win .....
  • Options

Why couldnt you care less?!

Last season we took 7,000 to fulham in the 3rd round. Before that 4,000 to spurs. Some of the best away days ever have been in the cup; bristol city, united, newcastle, liverpool, coventry, boro. Not to mention the fact that if we got drawn away at arsenal in round 4, we could potentially take 500 odd grand cash share of gate receipts - the figure some people are suggesting we might sell our form player pritchard for.

Absolutely defies sense. If anything we should be prioritising this game. But no lets give a few youngsters a game and gift the opportunity to huddersfield.

Yep agree. Don't agree with this "someone could get injured" etc, they could get injured in training.

• Options
    Strongest team. Play to win.
  • Options
    Button

Solly, Taylor, Dervite, Evina

Wagstaff, Stephens, Jackson, Cook

BWP, Yann

Rest Hamer just to give the kid Button a go.
    Assuming the Cort is out give Taylor a run.
    Pritchard works harder than any other player so definitely needs a rest.
    Really want Waggy to get another chance and this seems the perfect chance.
    Cook like Waggy needs a chance.
    Be good to see the League One champion front two given a run together again.

Still feel this team could do a job.
  • Options
    Play the strongest team you can,go for it.I do wonderhowever: if there are certain players he does not want cuptied.Is Jacko suspended?
  • Options

Button

Solly, Taylor, Dervite, Evina

Wagstaff, Stephens, Jackson, Cook

BWP, Yann

Rest Hamer just to give the kid Button a go.
    Assuming the Cort is out give Taylor a run.
    Pritchard works harder than any other player so definitely needs a rest.
    Really want Waggy to get another chance and this seems the perfect chance.
    Cook like Waggy needs a chance.
    Be good to see the League One champion front two given a run together again.

Still feel this team could do a job.

This is the team I would like to see put out.It would be good to see us progress in the Cup so a strong team is a must.I would rest players who are carrying an injury,I have bought a ticket for this game so would want to see us competitive..Throwing in a load of kids is not the way to go.