Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephen Saga!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Stephens has the potential to be a great player for us. When he is on form he is awesome to watch. His problem, like many of our players is consistency. To be honest i didn't rate Jenkinson and i thought Shelvey was over rated but both appear to be doing quite well at their resepctive clubs since stepping up, so who knows what a Prem boss could get out of Stephens. Personally i'd like to see him be a consistant top performer for us.
  • Options
    Well put Madz , hit the proverbial.
  • Options
    There's only 1 Stevie G...................
  • Options
    Madz is spot on. But when will he realise his potential ?
    He needs to start running around more, looking for the ball & then pass it forwards more.
    He needs to tackle more.
    He can do it. He did it against Derby & Watford.
    The question is why doesn't he normally do it ?
    Is he fit enough ? Is he too lazy ? Does he have the right character ?

He's a little like Racon in attitude. He doesn't produce often enough.
    5 very good performances, 11 good performances & 30 average or below performances per season isn't good enough.
  • Options
    Madz said:

Stephens has the potential to be a great player for us. When he is on form he is awesome to watch. His problem, like many of our players is consistency. To be honest i didn't rate Jenkinson and i thought Shelvey was over rated but both appear to be doing quite well at their resepctive clubs since stepping up, so who knows what a Prem boss could get out of Stephens. Personally i'd like to see him be a consistant top performer for us.

Well I rated Jenkinson and Shelvey, but don't rate Stephens, as he doesn't contribute enough. He doesn't have box to box energy like Pritchard or Wilson (or Russell last season), he isn't a particularly strong tackler, he only produces the occasional incisive pass, he scores the odd goal (Jackson is far more prolific), his dead balls are reasonable but nothing special.
  • Options
    Agree with cs1986. No comparison (no criticism on DS)
  • Options
    I do like the way that when Dale was playing crap, he was [rightly] criticised by all here. But now he's playing the way we want him to (actually showing up and tackling) he's accused of playing for a move. Admittedly, Racon & Semedo DID do that.

Anyway, with Villa's current position, I'm not sure Dale is the answer. But, if they think they're are not going to survive, perhaps Dale is part of a Championship plan?

Pure speculation on my part, on not based on any information what-so-ever. :-)
  • Options
    Simon E said:

I do like the way that when Dale was playing crap, he was [rightly] criticised by all here. But now he's playing the way we want him to (actually showing up and tackling) he's accused of playing for a move. Admittedly, Racon & Semedo DID do that.

Anyway, with Villa's current position, I'm not sure Dale is the answer. But, if they think they're are not going to survive, perhaps Dale is part of a Championship plan?

Pure speculation on my part, on not based on any information what-so-ever. :-)

Racon maybe did, but Semedo? He left after his contract expired and if anything was maybe playing harder in order to try and get a new one.
  • Options
    Stephens a fantastic player? No. Average. Imo.

On his day, he can be a joy to watch. But, I can count on one hand how many times he was a joy to watch.

Decent player, not indispensable! He is replaceable. Simple.

If we get offered silly money, I will drive Dale there.
  • Options
    Read that we got Dale for 275,000. To sell him for 2Mil+ would be great business. We will have a replacement lined up and possibly bring 2-3 in for that money. Hoping he goes, not cause hes a bad player but because this could turn our season around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

There's only 1 Stevie G...................

imageimage
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Stephens a fantastic player? No. Average. Imo.

On his day, he can be a joy to watch. But, I can count on one hand how many times he was a joy to watch.

Decent player, not indispensable! He is replaceable. Simple.

If we get offered silly money, I will drive Dale there.

Exactamondo
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Dale defo reminds me of Stevie G too MIA.

Now read this slowly... I AM NOT SAYING HE IS AS GOOD AS GERRARD. Far from it.

But the way he plays, the way he strikes the ball & passes a ball even the way he steps up to a corner kick is reminisent to the style of stevie g.

Given the right guidence he will be well on the way to big things.

More like Kenny G