Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A thread dedicated to slagging off our away support.

Comments

• Thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to slagging off our away support - seems a popular subject!Hopefully we can cover all aspects of how crap it is.

One thing I'm not happy about is how short some of our fans are - never looks good on tv.

I am 5'4", was never keen on the terraces!

• Wow, Charlton take less away than the capital city club of Wales and clubs in 1 or 2 club cities.
    How do they do it with such small catchment areas and we only take a handful of bomb throwing lunatics?
    I shall stay at home with the kids from now on in protest.
  • edited January 2013

Wow, Charlton take less away than the capital city club of Wales and clubs in 1 or 2 club cities.
    How do they do it with such small catchment areas and we only take a handful of bomb throwing lunatics?

Bombs? When were they handed out? I was only given a grenade at Watford :-(
  • Wow, Charlton take less away than the capital city club of Wales and clubs in 1 or 2 club cities.

Glad to hear it! You can count our away support on one hand and they're mostly mental. The figures for Watford were actually made up - most of those in the away end were plain clothes old bill trying to stop the Charlton mentals throwing bombs and destroying the stand.
    F***ing disgrace!
    Palace and Millwall have proper away support!
  • Disappointing , Can't believe this thread Wasn't started by Oeey. :-0
  • selected ;-)new years day away turn outs

1,520 addicks @ watford 1pm kick off
    1,581 m'boro @ derby
    2,270 cardiff @ brum

1,435 bournemouth @ brentford
    1,413 shrewsbury @ coventry
    1,504 pompey @ swindon 2pm kick off
    4,285 sheff utd @ donny

You just love trying to make a fans look like mugs. How long did it take or you to find out those worthless statistics? Hypocrite

1,581 m'boro @ derby
    2,270 cardiff @ brum

4,285 sheff utd @ donny

You just love trying to make a fans look like mugs. How long did it take or you to find out those worthless statistics? Hypocrite

Took him no time at all - he's on the "away fans stats annorak" subscription list.

1,581 m'boro @ derby
    2,270 cardiff @ brum

4,285 sheff utd @ donny

Excuse me Beds, bit of respect please Old Mugs
  • Posh mugs, I'll have you know
  • Can't see what the issue is with oohaah's stats, if these are correct then it's fact isn't it? To be fair to our away support, whether our numbers are good or bad, I wonder how many of these clubs actually match up to our vocal support? Having said that we are probably towards to the top of the form table for away wins so our vocal support, with the help of RD, will be better than most.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jayajosh said:

Can't see what the issue is with oohaah's stats, if these are correct then it's fact isn't it? To be fair to our away support, whether our numbers are good or bad, I wonder how many of these clubs actually match up to our vocal support? Having said that we are probably towards to the top of the form table for away wins so our vocal support, with the help of RD, will be better than most.

The issue is that he's cherry picked the stats that try to make us look bad.

I'm sure if i was as sad as oohaah and i knew where to look i would find plenty of away attendances on boxing day that made our 1500 at watford look good.
  • Jayajosh said:

Can't see what the issue is with oohaah's stats, if these are correct then it's fact isn't it? To be fair to our away support, whether our numbers are good or bad, I wonder how many of these clubs actually match up to our vocal support? Having said that we are probably towards to the top of the form table for away wins so our vocal support, with the help of RD, will be better than most.

The issue is that he's cherry picked the stats that try to make us look bad.

I'm sure if i was as sad as oohaah and i knew where to look i would find plenty of away attendances on boxing day that made our 1500 at watford look good.
    We're lucky that not all our 'supporters' are as sad as him.
  • Over the years(not as many as some) away support goes up and down, since mid seventies in my case,we have had good days and some tumble weed days,that's life.

1,581 m'boro @ derby
    2,270 cardiff @ brum

4,285 sheff utd @ donny

Perhaps you should concentrate on your 'priorities' a bit more rather than researching away attendances...

Sad.
  • What do people expect? Ever since the old bill rolled up the Thermos massif and the Blanket warriors we've struggled for numbers away from home. If things don't pick up soon I'll have to get off my arse and go to a few myself...
  • Oooohhh aaaahhh

Are you annoying the natives again

Love it proper keep it up pal
  • Ignore him. He loves playing up to it.

1,581 m'boro @ derby
    2,270 cardiff @ brum

4,285 sheff utd @ donny

Any good unselected ones?!
  • All sorted for the next away day!
  • that would be going off thread Friend or Defoe but they're a lot harder to find ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Ignore him. He loves playing up to it.

Post of the year
  • One day I went to an away game.
    And our away support was really bad.
  • I stood for two hours at Vicarage Road and not one of those old codgers offered me one of their Werthers. Tight arses, the lot of them.
  • What do people expect? Ever since the old bill rolled up the Thermos massif and the Blanket warriors we've struggled for numbers away from home. If things don't pick up soon I'll have to get off my arse and go to a few myself...

That'll be the day!
  • What was our allocation against Watford? From where I was it looked pritty full bar a few rows at the end.
  • I blame the economy
  • Can't see what pointing out , or moaning about away numbers achieve?

If you wanted to help change it you'd go to more games, after 3 seasons in league 1 we are slowly starting to bounce back , as the team becomes stronger , the manager gets more experienced the results will improve & the numbers improve , but cost of going to away games is a huge consideration.

As i've done my bit this season with 8 away games so far , i'm having January off so i can clean my house and get other jobs done, i'll let the likes of ooey go instead to bolster the numbers.
  • Can't see what pointing out , or moaning about away numbers achieve?

Exactly. Is there anyone on here who's ever thought, "I'll have to go to some more aways or Oohaah might bollock me"
  • Why the continuing obsession with away numbers?

If (like many) in a recession I have to pick and choose games then personally I'd rather give my available money to my own club and attend the home games. I'd also save on travel and subsistence for a long day out.

Each to their own of course but don't try and make out that away fans are in some way "better" than home fans. They are different and both have a role to play in supporting our club.
  • Don't know wot ur talking about we've sold at least 10 tickets for palace away already!