Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A thread dedicated to slagging off our away support.

Comments

• Palace will be my first of the season, just don't get the chance to go away anymore really - other priorities (family)
  • Away fans are not better than home fans Len , just a bit more loopy , i mean who in there right mind would drive 10 hours to Sheffield to see their team get beat , it just shows that our fans are more discerning and intelligent than we give them credit for , and choose to stay away and rightly so.
  • I blame the economy

In that case I'm blaming labour
  • I blame the economy

No really it was the U.S. subprime mortgage crisis.....bloody yanks ruining our away support.
  • Only 1504 Pompey at Swindon? Tin pot small club, obviously!
  • I blame the economy

In that case I'm blaming Thatcher. I'm sure it only used to cost a fiver back then ;-)

• West Brom have only sold 1,300 for QPR tomorrow.

Even though tickets are probably silly money thought they'd have more than that there.
  • Got a feeling ooey will be resurrecting this thread after every away game :-0
  • I have seen the away support and they all have dodgy teeth. They would be better spending the money on having nice teeth. Nice teeth are important !
  • West Brom have only sold 1,300 for QPR tomorrow.

Even though tickets are probably silly money thought they'd have more than that there.

Wasn't they only there about 2 weeks ago for the league game?
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember us taking hardly anything to see Fulham when they were at Loftus Park than loads for the cup game there, how times have changed!
  • Can't see Huddersfield bringing more than 500 tomorrow

Hope this helps
  • Can't see Huddersfield bringing more than 500 tomorrow

Hope this helps

500 - that's more than our total away support for this entire season. Middle classes have ruined Charlton.

Back in the 70s we used to get at least 12k away for most games - we wuz proper nawty back then
  • Some of our so called away fans won't even drink in SE7 ;-)
  • edited January 2013

Can't see Huddersfield bringing more than 500 tomorrow

Hope this helps

500 - that's more than our total away support for this entire season. Middle classes have ruined Charlton.

Back in the 70s we used to get at least 12k away for most games - we wuz proper nawty back then
    Sorry to be pedantic but it was only 11999 due to family commitments at that time :-)

oohaaexcuse.com
  • RedChaser said:

Hope this helps

Sorry to be pedantic but it was only 11999 due to family committments at that time :-)

oohaaexcuse.com
    Sorry for the mistake - I'll correct my stats.
  • RedChaser said:

Hope this helps

Sorry to be pedantic but it was only 11999 due to family committments at that time :-)

oohaaexcuse.com
    Have you taken comps into account?
  • Off_it said:

RedChaser said:

Hope this helps

oohaaexcuse.com
    Nobody paid for tickets back in the 70s - we were feared across the country and noone had the cheek to make us pay. All got ruined once the quiche eating, wine swigging, Guardian reading middle classes started to follow us.
  • I like a bit of quiche and quite a lot of wine... dont read the guardian tho. Phew.
  • Off_it said:

RedChaser said:

Hope this helps

oohaaexcuse.com
    Nobody paid for tickets back in the 70s - we were feared across the country and noone had the cheek to make us pay. All got ruined once the quiche eating, wine swigging, Guardian reading middle classes started to follow us.
    Fair point.

We took 62,000 away to Ipswich once you know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

I like a bit of quiche and quite a lot of wine... dont read the guardian tho. Phew.

You're not even proper middle class.
  • Curb_It said:

I like a bit of quiche and quite a lot of wine... dont read the guardian tho. Phew.

You're not even proper middle class.
    I think she's been skiing.
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

RedChaser said:

Hope this helps

oohaaexcuse.com
    Fair point.

I remember that game - six feet of snow and we walked there. 13000 never made it.
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

RedChaser said:

Hope this helps

oohaaexcuse.com
    Fair point.

just so glad we get official numbers nowadays because exaggeration was rife back then
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

RedChaser said:

Hope this helps

oohaaexcuse.com
    Fair point.

just so glad we get official numbers nowadays because exaggeration was rife back then
    Very good oohaar
  • I Blame the decline of mixed brothels tbh I mean if there was more located at every away end we would see more young males and older females in attendance

Also the stupid rule that cocaine can not be sold in the last row of seats furthestvto the entrance has impacted on attendances

The banning of flares and smoke bombs has not helped

And the anti smoking brigade not only has ruined pubs but has screwed the enjoyment of annoying all non smokers with the need to smoke 20 benson each half of a tense match

When I become sports minister I will bring in all of the above as law

VOTE NLA at the next general election we all know it makes sense
  • I Blame the decline of mixed brothels tbh I mean if there was more located at every away end we would see more young males and older females in attendance

Also the stupid rule that cocaine can not be sold in the last row of seats furthestvto the entrance has impacted on attendances

The banning of flares and smoke bombs has not helped

And the anti smoking brigade not only has ruined pubs but has screwed the enjoyment of annoying all non smokers with the need to smoke 20 benson each half of a tense match

When I become sports minister I will bring in all of the above as law

VOTE NLA at the next general election we all know it makes sense

In a nutshell I agree that it is the middle classes' aversion to crack whores wots ruined our game.

Snobs.
  • I will be canvassing in and around Sth and nth London In the build up to the next election

Onto a winner here imagine all the dealers and whoares who would vote for me

Also the social coke sniffers and secret brothel badgers who would vote for me

It's a dead cert pal
  • away support is not the best but fairplay to the regular crowd who go