Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst record you ever bought.

Ashamed to say I purchased a Thompson Twins LP - truly dire!

Comments

• Options
    Crass. Reality asylum, pe*is envy etc. was in my rebelious years.
  • Options
    I bought that Elbow album the other year, as it had been nominated for all sorts of awards and people were raving about it.

May as well just have bought the one song. Utter bilge the rest of it.
  • Options
    When I was a kid that Man Utd FA Cup song.

"Shmichael, Parker, Pallister...Irwin, Bruce, Sharpe and Ince...."
  • Options
    Paul Weller 22 dreams. Complete dross.
  • Options
    Got an early Ocean Colour Scene album that ain't too clever.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I bought that Elbow album the other year, as it had been nominated for all sorts of awards and people were raving about it.

This. And I'd add Mercury Rev and Bloc Party to my list of poor such decisions.

• Options
    Off_it said:

LOL, absoulte spot on, glad I only paid £2.47 from ebay!!

• Options
    Worst record I ever bought,
    Star Trekking - The Cling ons,
    Amytiville - Lovebug Starski (not 100% sure thats right but god knows how I dug the name up from my brain)
  • Options
    Metallica - St Anger. St F***ing Shite more like it.
  • Options
    Europe ,final countdown ,don't tell anyone please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Europe ,final countdown ,don't tell anyone please.

Were you heading Venus ... (Venus)?
  • Options
    Bitbull, Planet Pit. Not even going to try and explain, but after listening to half I erased it from iTunes, and decided to see if it works when you microwave a CD. I can confirm it's impressive.
  • Options
    The Horrors on the strength of them sounding like Simple Minds according to a mate of mine.Unspeakable crap in reality and made worse by Peaches Geldof apparently being a big fan . Avoid !
  • Options
    Swordfishtrombones by Tom Waits total crap.
  • Options
    The Eels CD about 15 years ago that had "Novacaine for the soul" on it & the Gomez CD that won the Mercury prize, again about 15 yrs ago - only decent track was Whippin Piccadilly.

where are they now ???????
  • Options

The Eels CD about 15 years ago that had "Novacaine for the soul" on it & the Gomez CD that won the Mercury prize, again about 15 yrs ago - only decent track was Whippin Piccadilly.

By coincidence, I heard Whippin Piccadilly in a pub today and so played it when I got home. To be fair to Gomez, I think Shot Shot was ok too. You're right though, their stuff is mainly dross.
  • Options
    Worst record I ever had was a Spanish record called Bambo Bimbo Balla (or something similar). A mate bought it for me as a laugh.

Worst record I ever bought was an album by The Thrills. Absolutely dreadful - and the last time I let myself be persuaded by an album cover.
  • Options

Not sure if it was on the same album but Mr E's beautiful blues is quality, was our song during the long trip to Cornwall a couple of years ago and the kids love it to this day!
  • Options
    My first single I ever bought was Einstien a go go, don't know who by, don't care but I can't stand it!
  • Options

My first single I ever bought was Einstien a go go, don't know who by, don't care but I can't stand it!

Landscape. Now that was when they new how to make pop music :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shittiest record I ever bought was Bizarre Fruit by M People, turgid stuff.

The Eels CD about 15 years ago that had "Novacaine for the soul"

I can take you pissing over everyone's cornflakes after every Charlton win, but I'm not having you bad mouth Eels - they're a great band.

Not sure if it was on the same album but Mr E's beautiful blues is quality, was our song during the long trip to Cornwall a couple of years ago and the kids love it to this day!

That's on 'Daisies of the Galaxy'.

• Options
    British Sea Power on recommendation of a mate, bought another cos I thought I got wrong one. Both rubbish. Also got my mum "my boomerang won't come back" when 8. Cringe.
  • Options
    American idiot by green day. Oh my lord how the mighty have fallen.
  • Options

The Eels are a great band (though really just a one man operation) and Beautiful Freak, the album you refer to, was their first and a classic. They have gone on to produce a string of acclaimed and successful albums and will be touring again in the UK in March. The Decline of British Sea Power was a pretty decent album too, Carrion being the standout track.
  • Options
    something by Gilbert Osullivan !! is he still alive ? was he ever?
  • Options
    A Roxy Music album- I can't remember the name! Utter dross! What was I thinking?
  • Options
    Many, many years ago I heard Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult on the radio. I really enjoyed the riff and went out and bought the LP on the strength of it. I quite liked it at the time but the more I played it the worse it became. It is now classified as 'Totally and utterly dire' in my collection and there it stands alone. Incidentally, I heard Don't Fear the Reaper on the radio just recently and I had to turn it off.

I actually think that The Killers will sink in the same way. Anyone who can write a lyric that says, 'You had a boyfriend who looks like a girlfriend I had in February of last year' and then repeat it several times deserves everything they get.
  • Options
    I've bought a few I now don't like, but at the time thought they were good... Mother Nature Calls by Cast on the other hand... I liked their first album, nice bit of jangly britpop. But the second, so me oh my. I'm preparing to move house and have just chucked it in the bin. To hand it to someone else would be like a arms dealer saying they don't have blood on their hands
  • Options

Metallica - St Anger. St F***ing Shite more like it.

It was all worth it for the film "Some Kind of Monster" though. Out Spinal Tapping Spinal Tap
  • Options
    No better example of the folly of buying someone's second album because the first was half-decent: Neither Fish nor Flesh by Terence Trent D'Arby. Somehow I doubt there will be anyone coming on here telling me I've overlooked a masterpiece.

Elbow, on the other hand...